How do you carrry your Q?

Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions
SunnyFlorida
Contributing MemberPosts: 831Gear list
Like?
How do you carrry your Q?
Feb 10, 2013

Received my Q on Friday and now I'm looking for a carrying case that will be small enough to accommodate the Q with 02 lens attached + 1 extra battery, any suggestions?

DougOB
Regular MemberPosts: 183Gear list
Like?
Re: How do you carrry your Q?
In reply to SunnyFlorida, Feb 10, 2013

SunnyFlorida wrote:

Received my Q on Friday and now I'm looking for a carrying case that will be small enough to accommodate the Q with 02 lens attached + 1 extra battery, any suggestions?

I have a different approach.  My Q + standard prime fits into a Pentax lans bag (DA 55-300 I think).  Then my standard zoom fits into a small DA lens pouch.  I have a very small bag that holds an extra battery, memory card, & polarizing filter.  Then I toss these small protective bags into whatever bag or sack I happen to be carrying.

OTOH I saw an Ad for a Tamrac Rally Micro that looks interesting, but I have yet to actually see/hold one. (Or maybe their Aria bags?).

Doug

DougOB's gear list:DougOB's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax Q Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
drummercam
Regular MemberPosts: 447Gear list
Like?
In reply to DougOB, Feb 11, 2013

In 2 pockets, lens removed.  My only complaint w/ Q was that the body cap doesn't stay fixed so I bought a replacement.  Body goes in one pocket, lens goes in another.  Almost as easy as toting my S100, which I would probably still carry preferentially but for the 03 fisheye capability.

I will be buying the Q pinhole body cap ASAP, too, both for pocket portability and ready use.

drummercam's gear list:drummercam's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3
Jack Simpson
Forum ProPosts: 10,756Gear list
Like?
In reply to SunnyFlorida, Feb 12, 2013

round my neck with the 06 lens attached and my Fisheye, 02 lens and extra battery and charger in a fanny pack located in various areas around my waist

Cheers,

Jack

-- hide signature --

STREET PHOTOGRAPHY DOCUMENTARY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kkHKP4Gnd0
(*UPDATED NOV 16th*)MY BLOG.... www.nakedmanonawire.blogspot.com
****MY EMAIL ADDRESS IN IS MY 'VIEW PLAN'****
It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one is doing

Jack Simpson's gear list:Jack Simpson's gear list
Pentax Q7
phil_t
Junior MemberPosts: 42
Like?
In reply to SunnyFlorida, Feb 15, 2013

I have a Lowepro Edit 110 that holds the Q plus another Q lens, as well as a mini tripod in the front pouch and spare battery. I also use it as a belt pack for my K-5 with 40mm or 21mm DA Limited.

rube39
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,307Gear list
Like?
In reply to phil_t, Feb 15, 2013

On a wrist strap, ready to shoot at all times. When in the train or at school, I just wrap it in a towel and put it in my regular carryall.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads