How Much Do You Enjoy the 7-14?

Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions
Rich Z
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,559Gear list
Like?
Just get one, you can't do without it, period
In reply to IanDavis, Feb 10, 2013

Photography would lose much of its appeal to me without the ZD 7-14. I use it almost every time I go shooting. It challenges you to master it and when you do, the results are often breathtaking. It is quirky and will flare on you which sometimes adds to the shot. It is the most creative piece of photographic equipment I have owned in 57 years of photography. How's that for and endorsement? If you can't already tell, I really do like it. Rich

Just get it, OK?

http://photobucket.com/dfr49_pix

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
IanDavis
Regular MemberPosts: 392Gear list
Like?
Re: Just get one, you can't do without it, period
In reply to Rich Z, Feb 11, 2013

Well,

thanks to all of your suggestions I bought the lens today! Cameta Camera has a good deal on refurbished lenses. I bought my 14-35 refurbished from them as well. Will be looking forward to shooting with it this week.

IanDavis's gear list:IanDavis's gear list
Olympus E-3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +6 more
Geo Wharton
Contributing MemberPosts: 796Gear list
Like?
In reply to IanDavis, Feb 12, 2013

You may already be aware that the Olympus refurbs are eligible for the 4 year extended warranty!  $60 at BH.

Geo Wharton's gear list:Geo Wharton's gear list
Olympus Stylus 770 SW Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +17 more
rb dwn
Regular MemberPosts: 359
Like?
In reply to Rich Z, Feb 12, 2013

Apologies for the OT reply, but your photo of the Buick reminded me of a snap I took last year with my (recently sold and already missed) ricoh gx100. Such pretty cars.

Rich Z
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,559Gear list
Like?
In reply to rb dwn, Feb 12, 2013

Great shot, and yes, they were beautiful cars.  Back in the 40s and 50s, and even into the 60s, a Buick looked like a Buick, and nothing else.  Too much of that individuality has been lost and forgotten, and not just in Buicks.  The world has become homogenized into a puree of sameness.  Too much of everything, not enough of unique things.  Rich

http://photobucket.com/dfr49_pix

David Stinson
Forum MemberPosts: 92Gear list
Like?
Re: How Much Do You Enjoy the 7-14?
In reply to IanDavis, Feb 12, 2013

Okay.. Now you have convinced me to put this lens on my wishlist.  I recently picked up the 50mm macro and the 70-300.  I love the 50mm. It is simply amazing..

David Stinson's gear list:David Stinson's gear list
Olympus E-500 Olympus E-520 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 +13 more
JiminDenver
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,159Gear list
Like?
Re: Are you back from Costa Rica?
In reply to Craig from Nevada, Feb 12, 2013

Craig

Costa Rica is incredible for the variety of all types of shooting. My arm handled carrying the E 5, 50-200, EC 20 and FL50r for hours at a time even though I am pretty rusty and shaky still. My big mono pod broke the first day so it was hand held all the way. IS is probably the only reason i got any usable shots at all.

Driving there was as much as a hoot as everyone said too. Most of the time it feels like you are in a rally race with all the passing, shifting, pot holes etc.

Most of the touristy areas are pretty expensive but we found a few local joints with wonderful food and great prices.

I'd go back but do a few things differently now that I am more comfortable. I'd take fewer tours where I feel rushed and explore more on our own. We definitely didn't spend enough time in the 180 acres of rain forest connected to our resort and I always feel like I should have shot more.

-- hide signature --

JimB
Bug Whisperer
Join us in The Weekly Close up every weekend

JiminDenver's gear list:JiminDenver's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-3 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads