grand mosque banda aceh indonesia
Feb 8, 2013

fuji x-e1 with 18-55 combo

"tukang jual obat" street performer selling traditional medicine

another beggar

bubble boy

the mosque

djawon's gear list:djawon's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,377Gear list
Like?
Re: grand mosque banda aceh indonesia
In reply to djawon, Feb 8, 2013

Wonderful set and treatment.

Be careful, i believe the limit of pictures is 10 per post

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Rokinon 8mm f/2.8 UMC Aspherical Fisheye +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
djawon
New MemberPosts: 24Gear list
Like?
In reply to Al Valentino, Feb 8, 2013

ye, thanx for remain me, i forgot, thanx btw

Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS
Bjrn SWE
Regular MemberPosts: 276Gear list
Like?

Excellent series, makes me want to go there. Thanks for sharing.

brudy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,428Gear list
Like?

Great series and processing. I'd love to go there as well. What's the political situation there?

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/brudy

brudy's gear list:brudy's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony Alpha 7R Canon EOS 7D
nomad147
Contributing MemberPosts: 513
Like?

these are excellent images, i have seen the pictures of this mosque that were taken about 12 hours after the boxing day tsunami, what a diffrence. thank you for posting these beautiful images.

-- hide signature --

wssa member #320PX

TThorne
Senior MemberPosts: 2,554Gear list
Like?

This is jackpot day for this forum. Wow, another amazing set of photos! Thank you!!!

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

TThorne's gear list:TThorne's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Sony Alpha 7S Sony Alpha 7R Leica Summilux-M 21mm f/1.4 Asph Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH +5 more
jrk
jrk
Senior MemberPosts: 1,187Gear list
Like?
In reply to djawon, Feb 9, 2013

Excellent images, thanks for sharing!

jrk's gear list:jrk's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +7 more
djawon
Like?
In reply to brudy, Feb 9, 2013

in Aceh, the political situation is still uncertain, although the government has come to terms with Indonesia since 2005, and democratic elections have taken place, in which the leader now, is the former combatants, a significant change, it still has not happened, local governments do not have a clear program for change the fate of the people of Aceh, even conservatives stronger than ever, religious leaders more power they use religious arguments to make many funny rules, no sense, in all due to Islamic Shari'a is given by the jakarta government. Acehnese people who 30 years closed to the outside world, accept Islamic Sharia, as it is this that will settle all the problems, but what is meant by the Shari'a, is not clear until now. so aceh now, once again, began to be isolated from the world ... sorry aceh yet comfortable place to visit

seukel
Regular MemberPosts: 470Gear list
Like?

djawon wrote:

in Aceh, the political situation is still uncertain, although the government has come to terms with Indonesia since 2005, and democratic elections have taken place, in which the leader now, is the former combatants, a significant change, it still has not happened, local governments do not have a clear program for change the fate of the people of Aceh, even conservatives stronger than ever, religious leaders more power they use religious arguments to make many funny rules, no sense, in all due to Islamic Shari'a is given by the jakarta government. Acehnese people who 30 years closed to the outside world, accept Islamic Sharia, as it is this that will settle all the problems, but what is meant by the Shari'a, is not clear until now. so aceh now, once again, began to be isolated from the world ... sorry aceh yet comfortable place to visit

Thanks for interesting images, showing what this combo is capable of in the hands of a good photographer. In many ways of course Aceh is a special region, given its historical background. On the other hand what is going on there also reminds us of similar developments in other parts of the world (Egypt, Tunisia ...).

Anfy
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,384
Like?

Excellent pictures indeed!

On a technical note, how did you frame some of the pictures (i.e.: what software or template did you make use of)?

Ciao!

djawon
Like?
In reply to Anfy, Feb 9, 2013

simple photoshop frame, tweak it little bit, i make my own action

bigpigbig
Senior MemberPosts: 1,639Gear list
Like?

djawon wrote:

djawon,

your photos are great. very well composed.

why do you feel compelled to make them look antique?

in my opinion, they would look great as you shot them.

then again, i am not a big fan of instagram style edits.

obviously, it is your art and your choice, if you love them like that, then keep making them that way. making yourself feel good about your art is most important.

again, very nice images

bigpigbig's gear list:bigpigbig's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D810 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +12 more
djawon
Like?
In reply to bigpigbig, Feb 9, 2013

bigpigbig wrote:

djawon wrote:

djawon,

your photos are great. very well composed.

why do you feel compelled to make them look antique?

in my opinion, they would look great as you shot them.

then again, i am not a big fan of instagram style edits.

obviously, it is your art and your choice, if you love them like that, then keep making them that way. making yourself feel good about your art is most important.

again, very nice images

well thanx, i love antique looks image, yes i love vintages, but the ooc and raw from fuji x-e1 is brilliant, so we have lot of possibility to process images

Anfy
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,384
Like?
Thank you! (n/t)

no text

djawon
Like?
Re: Thank you! (n/t)
In reply to Anfy, Feb 10, 2013

no problem

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads