Show Your Snaps...February 4, 2013

Started Feb 5, 2013 | Discussions
Digirame
Forum ProPosts: 29,539
Like?
Show Your Snaps...February 4, 2013
Feb 5, 2013

We invite you again to show your own snapshots or even choice pictures. Remember it's all about the enjoyment of taking pictures regardless of what we have. We can learn from each other and it's fun to share too.

When you are posting your own images please submit them as a reply to this post. Otherwise your pictures may be overlooked. See my own photos for this week as a reply.

We will start a new thread for this every week now due to the popularity. I'll be sure to comment also to your images, if you choose to share. Thanks everyone for your participation.

Digirame
Like?
Astoria, Oregon
In reply to Digirame, Feb 5, 2013

Early this past Saturday I was in Astoria, Oregon.  I got a chance to see fishing boats and larger ships.  Hearing the barking of sea lions prompted me to look for them.

Photo No. 1 - It was early at the Port of Astoria where I got to see large ships.  It was cold enough for me to wear my mittens.

Photo No. 2 - Also I found fishing boats.  The glow of the sunrise can be seen in the sky and water.

Photo No. 3 - The sunshine brightened the colors of the ships.  Sea lions can be seen resting and sleeping on the far right side.

Photo No. 4 - I was able to get close to these sea lions before the sun illuminated the area.  This sea lion dove in the water, swam a little and then came up to rest some.  Since it was isolated from the other sea lions, it became one of my best shots.

Photo No. 5 - Here's another one, where the sea lion looks straight at me.

Photo No. 6 - I left the barking sea lions for more things to see.  Since the sun had not completely shone on everything yet, it provided nice contrasts.

Photo No. 7 - In particular I liked this one.

Photo No. 8 - It was interesting seeing this old building on wood pilings.

Photo No. 9 - When the sun shone more, I came back to check up on the sea lions.

Photo No. 10 - The sea lions stayed together so much, that I was unable to get an isolated shot, like I did during the early morning before all of this sunshine.  Most of them appeared to be sleeping.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Eagles48
Contributing MemberPosts: 767Gear list
Like?
Re: Astoria, Oregon

Very nice Digi...specially like the sea lion looking at camera and the old building.

Paul

Eagles48's gear list:Eagles48's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD +2 more
Eagles48
Contributing MemberPosts: 767Gear list
Like?
Some more from Antigua

Beach vendor huts on Long Bay.

Busy downtown St. Johns

Detail of a painting on an abandoned food truck at Devil's Bridge.

Eagles48's gear list:Eagles48's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD +2 more
mburns
Regular MemberPosts: 163Gear list
Like?
Re: Astoria, Oregon: I enjoyed this little tour. Thanks. N/T

N/T

mburns's gear list:mburns's gear list
Samsung ST65 Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 30D Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 35-80mm f/4.0-5.6 III +58 more
max2k
Senior MemberPosts: 1,653
Like?
Amber Jack

Taken with my 7D - not sure if there are restrictions on cameras used ... but here goes ...

Old boat with rust

Amber Jack, Nassau

zigi_S
Senior MemberPosts: 2,034
Like?
Hidding in bush

zigi_S
Senior MemberPosts: 2,034
Like?
Re: Astoria, Oregon

Thx for sharing. I find the ship photos would make interresting panoramas.

heatherc
Regular MemberPosts: 238
Like?
Re: Show Your Snaps...February 4, 2013

Some more birds from me this week.   Although it's been cold here in the west of the UK, we've also had some sunshine, which has made the pictures on the bird feeders a bit brighter!  All these are taken with my Canon T1i/500D with the 55-250mm IS lens on full zoom and shot through my living room window.  The feeders are about ten feet from the window but usually slightly further from where I'm actually taking the shot back inside the room.

This is a greenfinch.  A common bird here but first time I've seen one in my garden for ages.  I left this one uncropped for once as I quite like the plain background.

First time this year I've had a woodpecker on the feeder.  This is the Greater Spotted Woodpecker.

I posted one of a long tailed tit last week.  Usually they come in groups and this week I had six at once.  These four couldn't decide which way was up.

Finally I had a chaffinch which was coming to the feeders but for some reason not landing.  I took a few shots trying to get it in flight.  Although the focus on the bird isn't very good, I liked this one for the sense of movement it gives.

I'll try to do something other than birds next week!

-- hide signature --

Heather

The best picture you'll ever take is just around the corner...

Car629
Contributing MemberPosts: 647
Like?
Re: Wood Pigeon

Just took this one while in my garden.

Hope you enjoy.

Carol

Wood Pigeon

baneling
Senior MemberPosts: 1,141Gear list
Like?
some of mine

my birthday cake

inside Yorkdale Shopping Mall in Toronto

inside Pottery Barn in Yorkdale Shopping Mall in Toronto

another shot of Yorkdale Shopping Mall in Toronto

a plant at my parents house

some apetizers we served at New Year's Eve

-- hide signature --

http://500px.com/baneling
Canon T3i
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS

baneling's gear list:baneling's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II +1 more
Car629
Contributing MemberPosts: 647
Like?
Re: Chaffinch
In reply to Car629, Feb 5, 2013

And my second bird for today a little chaffinch.

Chaffinch

maadfw
Regular MemberPosts: 193
Like?

Here are few taken this week at a nearby park. All shot with Canon T3i and 55-250 lens.

-maadfw

baneling
Senior MemberPosts: 1,141Gear list
Like?
In reply to maadfw, Feb 5, 2013

nice shots.  I have a few pictures like yours of the bridge on my 500px account.

-- hide signature --

http://500px.com/baneling
Canon T3i
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS

baneling's gear list:baneling's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II +1 more
maadfw
Regular MemberPosts: 193
Like?
In reply to baneling, Feb 5, 2013

Thanks Baneling! yours is lot greener

-maadfw

Digirame
Like?
Astoria, Oregon - Thanks
In reply to Eagles48, Feb 6, 2013

Thanks.  It's good to hear your feedback.  When I took the picture of the old building at the time it didn't seem all that interesting.  But when I got back to the computer, I enjoyed seeing it.

Digirame
Like?
Astoria, Oregon - Thanks
In reply to mburns, Feb 6, 2013

Thanks for the reply.

Digirame
Like?
Astoria, Oregon - Thanks
In reply to zigi_S, Feb 6, 2013

Thanks for the suggestion.  That would be something I would have to remember to do next time.

Digirame
Like?
Re: Some more from Antigua
In reply to Eagles48, Feb 6, 2013

Antigua looks like a nice place that's bright with colors.  I suppose the painting must be representative of tourism in the area, where a lot of people enjoy the beaches.

Digirame
Like?
Re: Amber Jack
In reply to max2k, Feb 6, 2013

The Amber Jack looks like a sturdy vessel, similar to a fishing boat.  Is it a fishing boat or possibly a tug boat?  I'm OK with any Canon DSLR camera being welcome, if anyone else doesn't mind.  A lot of us upgrade or get additional cameras.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads