**** This Week Thru Your M43 (February 2, 2013) ****

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions
SLOtographer
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,885Gear list
Like?
**** This Week Thru Your M43 (February 2, 2013) ****
Feb 2, 2013

The M43 Onion - Return of the Panasonic Road Map

This just in -- Panasonic has released some dream lenses on their roadmap.  No we are not talking about the 42.5 f1.2 and the 150 f2.8. There's more!  Panasonic is into supporting m43 for the long term and making sure we have lenses to look forward to.  Panasonic have also added to the road map the following lenses to be "released sometime during the millennium."  M43 shooters were saying that they can't wait.  Well, actually they might be right.  Some forward thinking m43 users have pre-ordered these lenses and hired lawyers to add these lenses in their Will for their grandchildren to use. Indeed, M43 is the best format for "legacy lenses."  <Ducks for cover>

• 25/1.2
  • 17/1.2
  • 200/f2.8 IS
  • 67.5/1.4 

Instructions: 
1. Reply to this thread and change the TITLE.

2. Include shooting parameters, how you shot the photo, and anything else you want to comment on or have people consider. Photos drom any date are welcome, though more recent work is encouraged.

3. Please reply to at least one other post.

Thank you for your participation!

-- hide signature --

SLOtographer
"If we limit our vision to the real world, we will forever be fighting on the minus side of things, working only too make our photographs equal to what we see out there, but no better." -- Galen Rowell

SLOtographer's gear list:SLOtographer's gear list
Ricoh GR Canon EOS 5D Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
webservants
Contributing MemberPosts: 677Gear list
Like?
Newly green winter fields
In reply to SLOtographer, Feb 2, 2013

In this part of Southern California the winter rains green up the pasture lands.

-- hide signature --

blessings,
Steven

webservants's gear list:webservants's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jalywol
jalywol MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,547Gear list
Like?
No scenery, just BRICKS.

Hey, it's winter, so how do you test a new camera? In town!

GH3/14mm/ in the WORST possible light (darkly cloudy, drizzling, almost twilight).

The GH3 acquitted itself EXTREMELY well, and I am quite happy with it.

Hopefully Spring won't wait too long this year, and I can get some more interesting subjects to shoot outside

-J

Boris
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,254Gear list
Like?
Re:GH2 w/Pentax 77mmf1.8 at f1.8
 Boris's gear list:Boris's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital IV Sigma DP2 Merrill Ricoh GR Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II +40 more
PaulChapman
Contributing MemberPosts: 906Gear list
Like?
Lady in Blue

I mostly use my GF1/Voigtlander 25mm/f0.95 for close focus stuff these days (partly because it is so cold outside). This is a home made Christmas card from a few years ago.

Lady in Blue

And this is a birthday card I made a few days ago using 100 year old stencils. My stone stamp says quite a lot about me....made in China several years ago.

Storks

PaulChapman's gear list:PaulChapman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Leica M9-P Leica M Typ 240 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +9 more
Boris
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,254Gear list
Like?
Re: Lady in Blue
In reply to PaulChapman, Feb 2, 2013

I like both but the 2nd one with the Cranes(?) is superb!

Boris's gear list:Boris's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital IV Sigma DP2 Merrill Ricoh GR Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II +40 more
PaulChapman
Like?
the eyes have it
In reply to Boris, Feb 2, 2013

Great shot!

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Leica M9-P Leica M Typ 240 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +9 more
webservants
Contributing MemberPosts: 677Gear list
Like?
Re: the eyes have it

PaulChapman wrote:

Great shot!

I agree. Nice sharp capture. Good composition.

-- hide signature --

blessings,
Steven

webservants's gear list:webservants's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +1 more
LincolnB
Senior MemberPosts: 3,617Gear list
Like?
Mmmm... coffee!

LincolnB's gear list:LincolnB's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS +4 more
cfh25
Contributing MemberPosts: 705
Like?
Down to the sea

Finally a day without rain - just a strong north-westerly requiring hanging on to the tripod for the seascapes:

Ribadeo marina & A8 viaduct

The marina looking up the Eo estuary

Seascapes with 9-18 on tripod

Praia de Illas - North coast of Spain

Sunset

Nothing between here and Ireland

Twilight

cfh25
Like?

Great capture

cfh25
Like?
Re: Newly green winter fields
In reply to webservants, Feb 2, 2013

looks like the same climate as we have in Spain - wet winters in the plain, and cold in the hills

jalywol
jalywol MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,547Gear list
Like?
Re: Mmmm... coffee!
In reply to LincolnB, Feb 2, 2013

Nice!  How DID you capture that first one?

-J

Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 7,829Gear list
Like?
A week in New Ireland oin the South Pacific

I've used a few of these in other subject-speciific posts -- I hope you don’t mind. I was in New Ireland taking photos for a tourist website. Fascinating place.

Friendly parrot

Feeding the eels

Kavieng's seaside market

Beach front, Namatanai

Namatanai Lodge's picturesque bungalows

AND back in Rabaul after a week away, Tavurvur volcano was still smoking and (as a result) disrupting airline movement because that smoke comprises very fine, very abrasive dust.

A typical wet season day, cloudy, drizzling, and all that stuff. Probably looks cold, but in fact it is still warm just 4 degrees south of the equator in the New Guinea islands. These boats do regular passenger runs between islands --I made the 2 hour journey across open ocean three days ago in one of these boats. Actually shot in drizzle -- one hand to keep most of the direct rain off the camera, the JJC hood to protect the lens front element.

A quick snap yesterday of a girl from our village proud of her newly asymmetrically braided hair. I used the stupid little accessory flash for fill and shot on iA on the E-PL3. Yes, that flash shadow can be seen but if I want to I can take care of that and it is certainly preferable to the non-fill alternative.

So there you have it, folks, a pretty entertaining week for me here in the New Guinea islands.

Cheers, geoff

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +5 more
PaulChapman
Like?
Re: A week in New Ireland oin the South Pacific
In reply to Hen3ry, Feb 2, 2013

Lucky you to get such a wonderful opportunity...and to take such good photos (maybe it is not so much luck as skill/eye?). Fascinating place. I am interested aspects of the ethnology of this area and have just finished reading the Rev Gill's "Myths and Songs from the South Pacific" 1876. The Victorian missionaries have a lot to answer for! Would love to visit but it seems an awful long way from Blighty.

minniev
Senior MemberPosts: 1,085
Like?
random shots - Washington DC

Here's some shots from last week in Washington - it was too cold to do much but DC was busy anyway. Variously processed.

the obligatory Lincoln Memorial shot

overlapping arches, old postal bldgs

the march for gun control

blur and conversion is effort to emulate old snapshots from my parents albums, not sure it worked

Smithsonian castle topzed up, trying to get look of very old postcards, not sure this worked either but it was fun

Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 7,829Gear list
Like?
It is a long way from blighty, Paul, but it would be worth the trip!

Well, I think so, anyway! Yes, it is true the missionaries had a lot to answer for -- but not all of them. The Kwato Mission,a breakaway group from the London Missionary Society, got the mix right in my view, for example. And the LMS generally was pretty good. Look up "Tamate". I make reference to him here:

http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2010/05/by-geoffrey-carrascalao-heard-15-may.html

Also back in the 60s I met some old Catholic priests and nuns who had been totally absorbed by their beliefs on one hand and the congregations they worked with on the other. Lovely people building bridges.

A good read for what it was all about really, though, is "Rose" a novel by Martin Cruz Smith, in which he highlights the role of the missionaries in general in subjugating vast populations and making them slaves of the western industrial machine.

Cheers, geoff

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +5 more
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,455Gear list
Like?
Re: Newly green winter fields
In reply to webservants, Feb 2, 2013

Well composed, good picture.

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.
Aleo Photo Site

Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Nikon 1 V3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +3 more
Aleo Veuliah
Like?
Re: No scenery, just BRICKS.
In reply to jalywol, Feb 2, 2013

I like the pictures, only thing is that I think they look better a bit darker. Maybe you have not compensated on camera.

-- hide signature --

Aleo Photo Site

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Nikon 1 V3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +3 more
Aleo Veuliah
Like?

This one will do fine in black and white.

-- hide signature --

Aleo Photo Site

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads