New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
Re: Dye or pigment inks and refillable cartridges for Epson Artisan 1430
In reply to domitron, Apr 1, 2013

domitron wrote:

Nicholas Sherman, ACS wrote:

Dear All,

Thank you very much for your help.

I made decision in favor dye inks from Inkjetcarts.

Will let you know re results when I get it.

Kindest regards from Down Under

Nicholas Sherman, ACS
www.nsherman.info

I have also been having an issue with a green cast using dye-based inks from HotZone360 (CISS) and now Cobra for my Artisan 835. To be fair I just got the Cobra inks, and I have not had the opportunity to talk to them about the green cast. HotZone360, though, really is not the kind of outfit one could even hope to get any help (at least for an English-only speaker like I am), so I didn't even try.  What did you think of the ink you purchased from Inkjetcarts?  Any green cast?

I contacted Richard from Cobra ink today.  He explained to me that I had to run at least 10 head cleanings to get to the new Cobra ink.  I was skeptical at first because I knew that meant I'd have to burn half the cartridge to clear the old ink, but he was absolutely right.  After another six head cleanings (I had done four) and after being now halfway through the cartridges, I can see that the Cobra dye-based ink for the Artisan 835 looks spot on to me.  Flesh tones are perfect now, not too red or green (and it can go both ways because my work had a laser-colored printer that was far too red - on copier paper at least).  I feel kind of bad for even mentioning Cobra last Friday here because they have been nothing but great to talk to over the phone, but I was frustrated and can't delete my previous post now.  The bottom line is that I think Cobra dye-based inks are perfectly accurate to my eye, and I have had problems with other generics being wildly off.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 4,317
Like?
Re: Dye or pigment inks and refillable cartridges for Epson Artisan 1430
In reply to domitron, Apr 1, 2013

Any printer with stationary carts and lines leading to the print head will require fairly extensive cleanings and or printing to completely clear out all previous inks in the system.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads