D600 multiple exposure

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions
rui oliveira
Forum MemberPosts: 63
Like?
D600 multiple exposure
Jan 27, 2013

One thing I use a lot with my D300 is the multi exposure hability. I better say used to use, because all my stuff have been stolen past week, from my car!!!

Tears way, It´s time to save money to buy a D600 at least with 50mm f:1.8, But I must know first how many multiple shots can D600 take. As I think you all Know D300 can take 10 exposures in one frame, but in the D600 manual I can't be sure if it is 3 or 10.

Can you help me? Thanks

Nikon D300 Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
FEF
FEF
Regular MemberPosts: 145
Like?
Re: D600 multiple exposure
In reply to rui oliveira, Jan 27, 2013

You are limited to three shots in one multiple exposure frame.

Fred

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
rui oliveira
Forum MemberPosts: 63
Like?
In reply to FEF, Jan 27, 2013

Thanks Fred. Bad news to me! And what about D800?

Duncan C
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,558
Like?
In reply to rui oliveira, Jan 28, 2013

rui oliveira wrote:

One thing I use a lot with my D300 is the multi exposure hability. I better say used to use, because all my stuff have been stolen past week, from my car!!!

Tears way, It´s time to save money to buy a D600 at least with 50mm f:1.8, But I must know first how many multiple shots can D600 take. As I think you all Know D300 can take 10 exposures in one frame, but in the D600 manual I can't be sure if it is 3 or 10.

Can you help me? Thanks

I don't use multiple exposure. I take more than one picture and combine them in PS. That gives me much more control. If you shoot a multiple exposure and it doesn't turn out you're stuck, whereas with separate images the possibilities are just about endless.

PaulF2
Forum MemberPosts: 70Gear list
Like?
Re: D600 multiple exposure - D800 will do 10 (nt)
In reply to rui oliveira, Jan 28, 2013
 PaulF2's gear list:PaulF2's gear list
Nikon D800E Olympus OM-D E-M10 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +3 more
Steve Bingham
Forum ProPosts: 20,075Gear list
Like?
In reply to Duncan C, Jan 28, 2013

Agreed. PS CS6 can cover a multitude of errors - and do it better.

-- hide signature --

Steve Bingham
www.dustylens.com
www.ghost-town-photography.com

Steve Bingham's gear list:Steve Bingham's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D7100 Nikon D610 Nikon D5300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +19 more
Duncan C
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,558
Like?
Confirm: D600 only does 3 exposures, but why not combine in post?
In reply to FEF, Jan 28, 2013

FEF wrote:

You are limited to three shots in one multiple exposure frame.

Fred

I just checked my D600 manual AND tried it, and the max is 3 exposures. I still don't understand why you would use in-camera multiple exposure vs. doing it in post. You have much more control if you blend the images in your computer. You can balance the amount each image contributes to the final exposure, you can dodge and burn different parts of both images, you can apply masking, you can shift, stretch, change blending modes, apply color filters, etc, etc.

With in-camera multiple exposures, you get one chance, and the original images are lost.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads