Collett
Senior MemberPosts: 4,987
Like?
Re: Biff is citing a Democrat as his source
In reply to Chato, Jan 24, 2013

Chato wrote:

Brian D. Schneider wrote:

Bill Force wrote:

Liberals as well as Muslims agree that it's perfectly O.K. to LIE as long as it serves their causes. There is actually NOTHING beneath them when it comes to furthering their cause, no ethics or moral obligations.

http://www.caintv.com/watergate-era-judiciary-chief

-- hide signature --

' You don't have to have the best of everything to get the best out of what you do have'.

You. And most other conservatives.

So if all Democrats lie, then we can safely assume his source is lying...

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

-- hide signature --

Jim

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
rhlpetrus
Forum ProPosts: 23,438Gear list
Like?
Re: Habitual liars?
In reply to widick, Jan 24, 2013

widick wrote:

One of the most intelligent men I have ever met counseled against getting involved in arguments where you have nothing to gain. There is also the old saying "He who argues with fools is the biggest fool of all".

This forum is out of control, fanatics and radicals of all hues rule here, good grief. It's a sad state of things to see citizens of the most powerful country in the world express such uninformed and deformed ideas.

-- hide signature --

Renato. http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhlpedrosa/ OnExposure member http://www.onexposure.net/ Good shooting and good luck (after Ed Murrow)

rhlpetrus's gear list:rhlpetrus's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +3 more
Bill Force
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,607
Like?
In reply to rhlpetrus, Jan 24, 2013

Whether or not you have noticed the country is totally pollerized, now more than any time in my almost 80 years.

-- hide signature --

' You don't have to have the best of everything to get the best out of what you do have'.

KEVZPHOTOS
Forum ProPosts: 18,063
Like?
In reply to Bill Force, Jan 24, 2013

Bill Force wrote:

Whether or not you have noticed the country is totally pollerized, now more than any time in my almost 80 years.

So, YOU are 80 years old and still working

The only productive thing you should be doing at your age...is when you drop a poopie into your colostomy-bag.

I guess you must be one of these ADD "workaholic-types" who just cannot sit still for a second and learn the art (and beauty) of simply "just doing absolutely nothing"

Why don't you go grab your iPod, find a nice shady banana tree, relax, lay-back and listen to your favorite Glenn Miller & Neil Diamond tunes

Working at 80 years old indeed - what a complete nutcase.

You can get medication for that.

KEV

-- hide signature --

"No problem can be solved at the level of consciousness which created it" - Albert Einstein

Collett
Senior MemberPosts: 4,987
Like?
In reply to KEVZPHOTOS, Jan 24, 2013

KEVZPHOTOS wrote:

Bill Force wrote:

The only productive thing you should be doing at your age...is when you drop a poopie into your colostomy-bag.

I guess you must be one of these "workaholic-types" who just cannot sit still and learn the art and beauty of simply "just doing nothing"

Why don't you go grab your iPod, find a nice shady banana tree, relax, lay-back and listen to your favorite Glenn Miller & Neil Diamond tunes

KEV

-- hide signature --

"No problem can be solved at the level of consciousness which created it" - Albert Einstein

A lot of people see retirement differently than you Kev.  I think its great that he still works - the key being IF it is something he likes doing (and in ol Bills case I imaging it is).  Working keeps the mind and body young.

-- hide signature --

Jim

KEVZPHOTOS
Like?
In reply to Collett, Jan 24, 2013

Collett wrote:

KEVZPHOTOS wrote:

Bill Force wrote:

I guess you must be one of these "workaholic-types" who just cannot sit still and learn the art and beauty of simply "just doing nothing"

KEV

-- hide signature --

A lot of people see retirement differently than you Kev. I think its great that he still works - the key being IF it is something he likes doing (and in ol Bills case I imaging it is). Working keeps the mind and body young.

So does marathon running, relaxing by the pool, going for long walks with the dog, studying, socializing, and all kinds of non-employment based endeavors, hobbies and interests.

Working until one is 80+...is merely using work as a substitute for life. In other words, it has become an "addiction"...whereby one cannot live without it. Instead of just being a secondary element...it has taken over as the primary objective.

Personally, I think ALL humans beings should have mandatory retirement (from working) at age 65 max.....preferably 60.

40 years of work is enough for any human being.

Us older folks need to hand over the working world to the next generation coming up...much sooner, rather than later.

KEV

-- hide signature --

G. Gray
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,535
Like?
In reply to Collett, Jan 24, 2013

Collett wrote:

KEVZPHOTOS wrote:

Bill Force wrote:

KEV

-- hide signature --

A lot of people see retirement differently than you Kev. I think its great that he still works - the key being IF it is something he likes doing (and in ol Bills case I imaging it is). Working keeps the mind and body young.

-- hide signature --

Jim

You are totally right there. Kev has no allegiance to any country or respect for older people.

His disrespect is predictable. I know he is masqurading as a Canadian formally from England but I am beginning to wonder where his parents immigrated from. His disdainful attitude comes from someplace.

It is good for older people to plan and work, keeps the little gray cells working. A better "quality of life" is what most people wish for. It is good to have interests and hobbies. I know that I have so many I find it hard to imagine how I got the time to go to work. Retired 20 years now and my name is Gray (solid gray cells)

-- hide signature --

If you go into Home Depot and someone offers to help you and he is not an employee, you are in Canada

G. Gray
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,535
Like?
In reply to KEVZPHOTOS, Jan 24, 2013

KEVZPHOTOS wrote:

Collett wrote:

KEVZPHOTOS wrote:

Bill Force wrote:

KEV

-- hide signature --

So does marathon running, relaxing by the pool, going for long walks with the dog, studying, socializing, and all kinds of non-employment based endeavors, hobbies and interests.

Working until one is 80+...is merely using work as a substitute for life. In other words, it has become an "addiction"...whereby one cannot live without it. Instead of just being a secondary element...it has taken over as the primary objective.

Personally, I think ALL humans beings should have mandatory retirement (from working) at age 65 max.....preferably 60.

40 years of work is enough for any human being.

Us older folks need to hand over the working world to the next generation coming up...much sooner, rather than later

The younger generation is not the the same as when you where younger. They have no respect, they want everything instantly, they are willing to ride right over senior people to get ahead........

KEV

-- hide signature --

I retired just before 60. I just couldn't understand the politics in the workplace or the lack of disrespect for experience or the aggressive approach to getting ahead at all costs.....

-- hide signature --

If you go into Home Depot and someone offers to help you and he is not an employee, you are in Canada

nevada5
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,012Gear list
Like?
In reply to RossAndrew, Jan 24, 2013

RossAndrew wrote:

Bill, as I said to Lyle, It only has credence when it comes from a credible source. Hence a few words from your source.

"Here you'll find critical reporting on stories and events that aren't available in see in our current one-sided mainstream media." May be if they left the one-sided out. A?

I'm confused.  Are you saying that if you refuse to tell it like it is, you will be considered credible?

-- hide signature --

Hey, it ain't rocket surgery.
I'm experimenting with Quantum Physics and I just discovered that I can completely destr

KEVZPHOTOS
Like?
In reply to G. Gray, Jan 24, 2013

G. Gray wrote:

You are totally right there. Kev has no allegiance to any country or respect for older people.

WHY should I hold an allegiance to any one particular country? Where is it written that one must do this?

and HOW does that relate to having respect for older people in any way?

YOU are talking gibberish here.

His disrespect is predictable. I know he is masqurading as a Canadian formally from England but I am beginning to wonder where his parents immigrated from.

My parents didn't emigrate from anywhere.

His disdainful attitude comes from someplace.

It is good for older people to plan and work, keeps the little gray cells working. A better "quality of life" is what most people wish for. It is good to have interests and hobbies. I know that I have so many I find it hard to imagine how I got the time to go to work. Retired 20 years now and my name is Gray (solid gray cells)

Re-read my post above.

I agree that it's good to have hobbies, interests, etc - but NOT to actually WORK at 80+.

The main problem is...that many people think work "is" their life...and they just cannot let go at 65, or whenever.

Nobody said anyone should STOP living....that's my whole point..

KEV

-- hide signature --

Bill Force
Like?
In reply to Collett, Jan 25, 2013

You are so right on with that statement, I tried "retiring" for a couple years and actually felt guilty. I am an inventor, hold several patents and I deem it irresposible to just sit and vegitate like Kev. If you have knowledge and experience then you have an obligation to use it fruitfully, othewise why did you study and obtain knowledge if you aren't going to use it.

Particularly here in S.A. technology and is about 30 years behind the U.S., if I can help them and make their lives better and I ENJOY doing it, why not?  I'm not taking someone elses JOB, I'm creating jobs for them.

-- hide signature --

KEVZPHOTOS
Like?
In reply to Bill Force, Jan 25, 2013

Bill Force wrote:

You are so right on with that statement, I tried "retiring" for a couple years and actually felt guilty. I am an inventor, hold several patents and I deem it irresposible to just sit and vegitate like Kev. If you have knowledge and experience then you have an obligation to use it fruitfully, othewise why did you study and obtain knowledge if you aren't going to use it.

Particularly here in S.A. technology and is about 30 years behind the U.S., if I can help them and make their lives better and I ENJOY doing it, why not? I'm not taking someone elses JOB, I'm creating jobs for them.

-- hide signature --

Man, what a hero.

Billy-boy for President:-P

KEV

-- hide signature --

Bill Force
Like?
In reply to KEVZPHOTOS, Jan 25, 2013

By that statement alone you ARE trying to tell other people HOW TO LIVE. None of your damned business Mate, work IS MY LIFE, I spend at least 6 to 8 hours per day still learning whatever I can, I inherited that from my Dad. He studied every day of his life until he became to ill to do it, smartest man I have ever known because of study.

My take on life, "If you were given a gift (I was) then you have an obligation to use it. Not for religious purposes or motivation just appreciation.

Gift:  When I went through Military Boot Camp I had the highest mechanical aptitude of 3,200 men who took the exams at the same time.  You don't suppose that's why I became an inventor?

-- hide signature --

lownine
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,415
Like?
Re: A prerequisite for running for any political office.
In reply to lylejk, Jan 25, 2013

lylejk wrote:

Sad but true. Doesn't matter what party you are in.

Come on Lyle.  During that period between the election and the swearing in there's an indoctrination that teaches the rookies that the "truth" is one of a number of options available that may or may not be useful in a given situation.   They have nothing against the truth, but you've got to be careful when and how you use it.

I'm not sure where that falls in the curriculum.  Is it before or after the session that gets them used to recognizing which camera is on?  Chuck Schumer is the professor emeritus for that class.

Don_Campbell
Senior MemberPosts: 1,064
Like?

Bill Force wrote:

Liberals as well as Muslims agree that it's perfectly O.K. to LIE as long as it serves their causes. There is actually NOTHING beneath them when it comes to furthering their cause, no ethics or moral obligations.

-- hide signature --

Look up the phrase "Lying for the Lord." Mitt is the primo liar of 2012 political season. Lie after prevarication after dissembling. He would tell any lie even when it contradicted what he said the day before to convince a crowd that he was their man. He figured no one who would vote for him was paying attention to any fact checking. He felt permission to lie with impunity that he learned as a Mormon Missionary, Bishop and Stake President.

Roger99
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,147
Like?

Bill Force wrote:

-- hide signature --

You're a half wit Bill.  No lie there I'm afraid.

-- hide signature --

The one serious conviction one should hold is that nothing should be taken too seriously.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it. -Aristotle
..oh, and I see by the lack of responses that I am right yet again.

FeedMe
Senior MemberPosts: 2,474
Like?

Bill Force wrote:

I rephrased your words for better truth in them:

Politicians all agree that it's perfectly O.K. to LIE as long as it serves their causes. There is actually NOTHING beneath them when it comes to furthering their cause, no ethics or moral obligations.

"Politicians" - all politicians/senators/'representatives' are lying cheating thieveing scum.

-- hide signature --

Delirium is the youngest of the endless. She smells of sweat, sour wines, late nights, old leather.
Her realm is close and can be visited; however human minds were not made to comprehend her domain, those who've made the journey have been incapable of reporting back more than the tiniest fragments.

widick
Forum MemberPosts: 78
Like?
In reply to JulesJ, Jan 27, 2013

The problem is clearly not a lack of people with something to say but of people with something worthwhile to say.

James Cafferty
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,306
Like?
Re: A prerequisite for running for any political office.
In reply to lownine, Jan 27, 2013

lownine wrote:

lylejk wrote:

Sad but true. Doesn't matter what party you are in.

Come on Lyle. During that period between the election and the swearing in there's an indoctrination that teaches the rookies that the "truth" is one of a number of options available that may or may not be useful in a given situation. They have nothing against the truth, but you've got to be careful when and how you use it.

Perfect example: George Bush, Sr.

Read my lips, "No New Taxes".

Most of us remember what happened next...

-- hide signature --

All the best,
Jim
Photographers take pictures; the camera is only a tool.

Roger99
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,147
Like?
In reply to FeedMe, Jan 28, 2013

FeedMe wrote:

Bill Force wrote:

I rephrased your words for better truth in them:

Politicians all agree that it's perfectly O.K. to LIE as long as it serves their causes. There is actually NOTHING beneath them when it comes to furthering their cause, no ethics or moral obligations.

"Politicians" - all politicians/senators/'representatives' are lying cheating thieveing scum.

-- hide signature --

Delirium is the youngest of the endless. She smells of sweat, sour wines, late nights, old leather.
Her realm is close and can be visited; however human minds were not made to comprehend her domain, those who've made the journey have been incapable of reporting back more than the tiniest fragments.

At last something that we agree upon without any reservation.

As far as I am concerned the only difference between a left wing and a right wing politician these days are the polls they follow as a result of the coin they tossed.

-- hide signature --

The one serious conviction one should hold is that nothing should be taken too seriously.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it. -Aristotle
..oh, and I see by the lack of responses that I am right yet again.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads