Printing for competition

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions
BIGGY
Contributing MemberPosts: 723
Like?
Printing for competition
Jan 21, 2013

Hi all!  Has anyone done any prints for competition before?  My print lab does the competition printing except I've only printed straightforward portraits for clients before.  Is the matting around the images usually a standard amount, up to each photog based on what suites the image or something else?  Any input would be appreciated!

-- hide signature --

http://novophotography.com
Tweet! @MichaelNovosel

Hugowolf
Forum ProPosts: 11,199
Like?
Re: Printing for competition
In reply to BIGGY, Jan 22, 2013

BIGGY wrote:

Hi all! Has anyone done any prints for competition before? My print lab does the competition printing except I've only printed straightforward portraits for clients before. Is the matting around the images usually a standard amount, up to each photog based on what suites the image or something else? Any input would be appreciated!

Stuff like that should be in the competition rules or available from the competition organizers.

Brian A

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
BIGGY
Contributing MemberPosts: 723
Like?
In reply to Hugowolf, Jan 22, 2013

Hugowolf wrote:

BIGGY wrote:

Hi all! Has anyone done any prints for competition before? My print lab does the competition printing except I've only printed straightforward portraits for clients before. Is the matting around the images usually a standard amount, up to each photog based on what suites the image or something else? Any input would be appreciated!

Stuff like that should be in the competition rules or available from the competition organizers.

Brian A

No it's not in the rules, especially because the prints are used in multiple competitions.  I'm just wondering what others have done.

-- hide signature --

Tweet! @MichaelNovosel

Vernon D Rainwater
Forum ProPosts: 11,872
Like?
In reply to BIGGY, Jan 23, 2013

BIGGY wrote:

Hugowolf wrote:

BIGGY wrote:

Brian A

No it's not in the rules, especially because the prints are used in multiple competitions. I'm just wondering what others have done.

-- hide signature --

Tweet! @MichaelNovosel

Based on your added comments, Perhaps I don't actually understand your inquiry.

I would think if there are no rules or specifics regarding details for producing/presenting Photos for Competition, then, produce your best quality that you are capable of -- and that should apply even when printing is not for Competition.

-- hide signature --

Vernon...

Phill Downunder
Regular MemberPosts: 132
Like?
In reply to Vernon D Rainwater, Jan 23, 2013

Every competition has its own set of rules regarding how the image is presented.

Cheers

Phill.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads