X100 VIEWFINDER QUESTION.

Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions
widick
Forum MemberPosts: 78
Like?
Re: X100 VIEWFINDER QUESTION.
In reply to Stephenbw, Jan 21, 2013

Yes it does help, thank you.  While I can't get the EVF as bright as the OVF without losing contrast it gives me a useable image.  I was under the impression that the EVF would allow me to preview the picture I was taking.  Clearly that's incorrect.  At least outdoors, I'll be sticking with the OVF.

I would be interested to know where you found the instructions for adjusting the viewfinder brghtness.  I've scoured the manual with no success,

Thanks again,

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
El Chubasco
Regular MemberPosts: 275Gear list
Like?
In reply to widick, Jan 22, 2013

widick wrote:

Thanks for the input. You mentioned better options. I'd be interested in your advice.

The new X100s promises a great & improved electronic viewfinder with more definition, which is similar to the EVF found in the XE-1. Sony mirrorless nex 7 and nex 6 have excellent EVF. Samsung NX also offer a good EVF too.

The X100 (and upcoming X100s) are the only cameras in the market offering the Hybrid viewfinder (optical & electronic).

El Chubasco's gear list:El Chubasco's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony RX100 II Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +10 more
Stephenbw
Senior MemberPosts: 2,418Gear list
Like?
In reply to widick, Jan 22, 2013

Glad it helps.

I got the info about adjusting the EVF from my PDF of Alexander White's X100 book which has been useful, although it is for the old firmware and I have found some inaccuracies. I still refer to it occasionally, though this site and the Fuji X Forums are a more up to date source of information.

-- hide signature --

Stephen

Stephenbw's gear list:Stephenbw's gear list
Canon PowerShot A620 Canon PowerShot G11 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-T1 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads