Dumb people & Guns, what a bad mix?

Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions
lanef
Forum ProPosts: 10,317
Like?
Dumb people & Guns, what a bad mix?
Jan 20, 2013

Five hurt in shootings at US gun shows.

Authorities in Ohio said a gun dealer in Medina was checking out a semi-automatic handgun he had bought when he accidentally pulled the trigger, injuring his friend. The gun's magazine had been removed from the firearm but one round remained in the chamber, police said.

You know when you put razors in monkeys hands what to expect?

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/world/15884207/five-hurt-in-shootings-at-us-gun-shows/

RobertSigmund
Forum ProPosts: 10,053Gear list
Like?
Re: Dumb people & Guns, what a bad mix?
In reply to lanef, Jan 20, 2013

lanef wrote:

Five hurt in shootings at US gun shows.

You know when you put razors in monkeys hands what to expect?

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/world/15884207/five-hurt-in-shootings-at-us-gun-shows/

Much more harmless than if you give a dumb or mentally ill human a gun.

 RobertSigmund's gear list:RobertSigmund's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A37
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
LeRentier
Forum ProPosts: 13,622Gear list
Like?
Re: Dumb people & Guns, what a bad mix?
In reply to lanef, Jan 20, 2013

lanef wrote:

Five hurt in shootings at US gun shows.

Authorities in Ohio said a gun dealer in Medina was checking out a semi-automatic handgun he had bought when he accidentally pulled the trigger, injuring his friend. The gun's magazine had been removed from the firearm but one round remained in the chamber, police said.

You know when you put razors in monkeys hands what to expect?

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/world/15884207/five-hurt-in-shootings-at-us-gun-shows/

A gun dealer who does not do the basic check of pulling back the slide to ensure the weapon is really totally unloaded before pulling the trigger, should loose his license to sell weapons.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
lanef
Forum ProPosts: 10,317
Like?
Re: Dumb people & Guns, what a bad mix?
In reply to RobertSigmund, Jan 20, 2013

RobertSigmund wrote:

lanef wrote:

Five hurt in shootings at US gun shows.

You know when you put razors in monkeys hands what to expect?

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/world/15884207/five-hurt-in-shootings-at-us-gun-shows/

Much more harmless than if you give a dumb or mentally ill human a gun.

Folly to trust any of the above with a semi-automatic.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
rjjr
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,062
Like?
Re: Dumb people & Guns, what a bad mix?
In reply to lanef, Jan 20, 2013

lanef wrote:

Five hurt in shootings at US gun shows.

Authorities in Ohio said a gun dealer in Medina was checking out a semi-automatic handgun he had bought when he accidentally pulled the trigger, injuring his friend. The gun's magazine had been removed from the firearm but one round remained in the chamber, police said.

To quote the great philosopher, Mama Gump: "Stupid is as stupid does."

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
JulesJ
Forum ProPosts: 33,025
Like?
Re: Dumb people & Guns, what a bad mix?
In reply to RobertSigmund, Jan 20, 2013

RobertSigmund wrote:

lanef wrote:

Five hurt in shootings at US gun shows.

You know when you put razors in monkeys hands what to expect?

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/world/15884207/five-hurt-in-shootings-at-us-gun-shows/

Much more harmless than if you give a dumb or mentally ill human a gun.

Well, have laws to ensure you don't.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
JulesJ
Forum ProPosts: 33,025
Like?
Re: Dumb people & Guns, what a bad mix?
In reply to LeRentier, Jan 20, 2013

LeRentier wrote:

lanef wrote:

Five hurt in shootings at US gun shows.

Authorities in Ohio said a gun dealer in Medina was checking out a semi-automatic handgun he had bought when he accidentally pulled the trigger, injuring his friend. The gun's magazine had been removed from the firearm but one round remained in the chamber, police said.

You know when you put razors in monkeys hands what to expect?

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/world/15884207/five-hurt-in-shootings-at-us-gun-shows/

A gun dealer who does not do the basic check of pulling back the slide to ensure the weapon is really totally unloaded before pulling the trigger, should loose his license to sell weapons.

Agreed, but in the US no one is too bothered about these minor transgressions.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
CFynn
Senior MemberPosts: 5,223Gear list
Like?
Re: Dumb people & Guns, what a bad mix?
In reply to LeRentier, Jan 20, 2013

LeRentier wrote:

A gun dealer who does not do the basic check of pulling back the slide to ensure the weapon is really totally unloaded before pulling the trigger, should loose his license to sell weapons.

If he doesn't know enough to do that - you can't expect his customers to know either.

 CFynn's gear list:CFynn's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D800E Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
FeedMe
Senior MemberPosts: 2,474
Like?
Re: Dumb people & Guns, what a bad mix?
In reply to lanef, Jan 20, 2013

"Dumb people".. and ANYTHING, really.

Dumb drivers, idiots running machinery (I separate that from cars).

Morons trying to walk and talk at the same time..

You name it, adding dumb people to it will screw it up.. even the internet!

-- hide signature --

Delirium is the youngest of the endless. She smells of sweat, sour wines, late nights, old leather.
Her realm is close and can be visited; however human minds were not made to comprehend her domain, those who've made the journey have been incapable of reporting back more than the tiniest fragments.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
LeRentier
Forum ProPosts: 13,622Gear list
Like?
Re: Dumb people & Guns, what a bad mix?
In reply to CFynn, Jan 20, 2013

CFynn wrote:

LeRentier wrote:

A gun dealer who does not do the basic check of pulling back the slide to ensure the weapon is really totally unloaded before pulling the trigger, should loose his license to sell weapons.

If he doesn't know enough to do that - you can't expect his customers to know either.

Yes, the type of person to pass on bad habits to others.

Don't arms dealers have to pass a competency test of any kind ?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Marcamera
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,681
Like?
Re: Dumb people & Guns, what a bad mix?
In reply to LeRentier, Jan 20, 2013

LeRentier wrote:

CFynn wrote:

LeRentier wrote:

A gun dealer who does not do the basic check of pulling back the slide to ensure the weapon is really totally unloaded before pulling the trigger, should loose his license to sell weapons.

If he doesn't know enough to do that - you can't expect his customers to know either.

Yes, the type of person to pass on bad habits to others.

Don't arms dealers have to pass a competency test of any kind ?

They do : Live Birth in the USA.

That's about it.

Rgds

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
G. Gray
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,532
Like?
Re: Dumb people & Guns, what a bad mix?
In reply to Marcamera, Jan 20, 2013

Marcamera wrote:

LeRentier wrote:

CFynn wrote:

LeRentier wrote:

A gun dealer who does not do the basic check of pulling back the slide to ensure the weapon is really totally unloaded before pulling the trigger, should loose his license to sell weapons.

If he doesn't know enough to do that - you can't expect his customers to know either.

Yes, the type of person to pass on bad habits to others.

Don't arms dealers have to pass a competency test of any kind ?

They do : Live Birth in the USA.

That's about it.

Rgds

And where were you born?

-- hide signature --

If you go into Home Depot and someone offers to help you and he is not an employee, you are in Canada

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Marcamera
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,681
Like?
Re: Dumb people & Guns, what a bad mix?
In reply to G. Gray, Jan 20, 2013

G. Gray wrote:

Marcamera wrote:

LeRentier wrote:

CFynn wrote:

LeRentier wrote:

A gun dealer who does not do the basic check of pulling back the slide to ensure the weapon is really totally unloaded before pulling the trigger, should loose his license to sell weapons.

If he doesn't know enough to do that - you can't expect his customers to know either.

Yes, the type of person to pass on bad habits to others.

Don't arms dealers have to pass a competency test of any kind ?

They do : Live Birth in the USA.

That's about it.

Rgds

And where were you born?

-- hide signature --

If you go into Home Depot and someone offers to help you and he is not an employee, you are in Canada

Poland, in 1955.

What are you going to do about it?

Rgds

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
CraigWestly
Contributing MemberPosts: 524
Like?
A simple requirement would solve this.
In reply to lanef, Jan 20, 2013

lanef wrote:

Five hurt in shootings at US gun shows.

Authorities in Ohio said a gun dealer in Medina was checking out a semi-automatic handgun he had bought when he accidentally pulled the trigger, injuring his friend. The gun's magazine had been removed from the firearm but one round remained in the chamber, police said.

You know when you put razors in monkeys hands what to expect?

My suggestion is that gun dealers MUST close one eye and look down the barrel with the other whenever they pull the trigger on ANY gun.

Problem solved.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
G. Gray
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,532
Like?
Re: Dumb people & Guns, what a bad mix?
In reply to Marcamera, Jan 20, 2013

Marcamera wrote:

G. Gray wrote:

Marcamera wrote:

LeRentier wrote:

CFynn wrote:

LeRentier wrote:

A gun dealer who does not do the basic check of pulling back the slide to ensure the weapon is really totally unloaded before pulling the trigger, should loose his license to sell weapons.

If he doesn't know enough to do that - you can't expect his customers to know either.

Yes, the type of person to pass on bad habits to others.

Don't arms dealers have to pass a competency test of any kind ?

They do : Live Birth in the USA.

That's about it.

Rgds

And where were you born?

-- hide signature --

If you go into Home Depot and someone offers to help you and he is not an employee, you are in Canada

Poland, in 1955.

What are you going to do about it?

Rgds

Nothing, But I can see where you might get your attitude. But you seem to like dogs and motorcycles so in my book you are OK. Welcome to Canada.

-- hide signature --

If you go into Home Depot and someone offers to help you and he is not an employee, you are in Canada

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Chato
Forum ProPosts: 44,320Gear list
Like?
Worse than that
In reply to LeRentier, Jan 20, 2013

LeRentier wrote:=

A gun dealer who does not do the basic check of pulling back the slide to ensure the weapon is really totally unloaded before pulling the trigger, should loose his license to sell weapons.

One should ​always act​ as if the gun is loaded, even if you just looked at the chamber with a magnifying glass. One should always act as if the safety is off, even if you just put it on. Never point a gun at anyone, unless you intend to shoot them. Gun safety rules were created with the assumption that a "million to one accident" is one accident to many.

Gun accidents ​never​ happen to people who follow the rules.

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Marcamera
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,681
Like?
Re: Dumb people & Guns, what a bad mix?
In reply to G. Gray, Jan 20, 2013

G. Gray wrote:

Marcamera wrote:

G. Gray wrote:

Marcamera wrote:

LeRentier wrote:

CFynn wrote:

LeRentier wrote:

A gun dealer who does not do the basic check of pulling back the slide to ensure the weapon is really totally unloaded before pulling the trigger, should loose his license to sell weapons.

If he doesn't know enough to do that - you can't expect his customers to know either.

Yes, the type of person to pass on bad habits to others.

Don't arms dealers have to pass a competency test of any kind ?

They do : Live Birth in the USA.

That's about it.

Rgds

And where were you born?

-- hide signature --

If you go into Home Depot and someone offers to help you and he is not an employee, you are in Canada

Poland, in 1955.

What are you going to do about it?

Rgds

Nothing, But I can see where you might get your attitude. But you seem to like dogs and motorcycles so in my book you are OK. Welcome to Canada.

-- hide signature --

If you go into Home Depot and someone offers to help you and he is not an employee, you are in Canada

I've been here for 31 years, it's home.

Dogs and motorcycles? I've never had either, but like them.

Rgds

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Marcamera
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,681
Like?
Is this a joke?
In reply to Chato, Jan 20, 2013

Chato wrote:

LeRentier wrote:=

A gun dealer who does not do the basic check of pulling back the slide to ensure the weapon is really totally unloaded before pulling the trigger, should loose his license to sell weapons.

One should ​always act​ as if the gun is loaded, even if you just looked at the chamber with a magnifying glass. One should always act as if the safety is off, even if you just put it on. Never point a gun at anyone, unless you intend to shoot them. Gun safety rules were created with the assumption that a "million to one accident" is one accident to many.

Gun accidents ​never​ happen to people who follow the rules.

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

You would trust Princess to follow the rules?

Or any of the whackos here?

Rgds

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Chato
Forum ProPosts: 44,320Gear list
Like?
Re: Is this a joke?
In reply to Marcamera, Jan 20, 2013

Marcamera wrote:

Chato wrote:

LeRentier wrote:=

A gun dealer who does not do the basic check of pulling back the slide to ensure the weapon is really totally unloaded before pulling the trigger, should loose his license to sell weapons.

One should ​always act​ as if the gun is loaded, even if you just looked at the chamber with a magnifying glass. One should always act as if the safety is off, even if you just put it on. Never point a gun at anyone, unless you intend to shoot them. Gun safety rules were created with the assumption that a "million to one accident" is one accident to many.

Gun accidents ​never​ happen to people who follow the rules.

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

You would trust Princess to follow the rules?

Or any of the whackos here?

These are rules that I was taught at the age of ten. I have NEVER violated any of them, and have never come close, let alone had, an accident with a firearm.

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Son Of Waldo
Regular MemberPosts: 260
Like?
♫ see how they run... ♫
In reply to lanef, Jan 20, 2013

a more interesting (and original) thread might have been...

'The Self Realization of a PAP, Reflections'

a) PAP = Pimple on the Azz of a Pipsqueak

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads