Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions
Spade357
Senior MemberPosts: 1,052
Like?
X100s....couple questions
Jan 19, 2013

1. SAB - 100% fixed now?

2. Built-in flash - better (flash blends in better) than X-E1

3. lens @23mm sharper than X-E1 zoom kit at the same aperture?

Thanks.

Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Zardoz
Senior MemberPosts: 1,249Gear list
Like?
Re: X100s....couple questions
In reply to Spade357, Jan 19, 2013

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
George Horning 9000
Junior MemberPosts: 35Gear list
Like?
In reply to Zardoz, Jan 19, 2013

do these yeses apply to the x100 as well?

George Horning 9000's gear list:George Horning 9000's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D40 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF +3 more
Keto
Regular MemberPosts: 431
Like?

Spade357 wrote:

1. SAB - 100% fixed now?

Thanks.

1 - Wasn't this fixed anyway? I think you'll have to wait a while before confirming this on the X100s.

2 - I haven't read anything saying the flash system is any different to the older X100. Which was well regard for fill-flash

3 - As a prime vs zoom, then yes most likely. Plus the difference in maximum aperture at that focal length on each can come in useful. Sharpness isn't all that's useful in comparing lenses.

Zardoz
Senior MemberPosts: 1,249Gear list
Like?
In reply to George Horning 9000, Jan 19, 2013

Yes.

Smeghead45
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?

No one has a production ready model, so literally no one is going to be able to answer these questions accurately. We can speculate, but don't take it as 100% correct.

bugeyed
Senior MemberPosts: 1,136
Like?
In reply to Keto, Jan 19, 2013

Keto wrote:

Spade357 wrote:

1. SAB - 100% fixed now?

Thanks.

1 - Wasn't this fixed anyway? I think you'll have to wait a while before confirming this on the X100s.

snip

I understood that the SAB problem was identified as a tolerance problem in assembling the lens & was fixed so that it would not reoccur. I would like to know if people are seeing the SAB problem on cameras dated 21xxxx & later?

Cheers,

kev

-- hide signature --

I just think that things should work the way I expect them to.

Charlesn
Regular MemberPosts: 465
Like?

Spade357 wrote:

1. SAB - 100% fixed now?

SAB has never been acknowledged or discussed by Fuji, despite the fact that they have been fixing cameras that have the issue. Therefore, speculation about its cause or cure is baseless--i.e., citing the Mayan calendar as a reason for SAB has just as much validity as any of the other theories being floated. Bottom line: No. One. Knows. What we do know is that for a long time, there were many complaints posted about it here, and then the complaints stopped. All you read these days are FUD posts from those who don't even own a Fuji but apparently live in constant mortal fear of SAB. Read into that what you will.

I (somewhat) prefer the flash on my X100 to that on my X-E1, so I'd say that what you're suggesting here is already true. (Although you can bounce the X-E1 flash, which is a nice capability to have.) Since Fuji is making no claims about an improved flash on the X100s, informed speculation would suggest that it will be the same.

No one can say with certainty until the X100s is released, but there is a VERY HIGH probability that a high quality 23mm prime lens, tweaked specifically to its sensor, is going to produce sharper results than a high quality zoom at the same focal length. But it's not an absolute given... note that most reviews of the 18-55 conclude that it's better at 18mm than Fuji's prime lens of the same focal length.

Thanks.

wetfop
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?

I see three questions rather than a couple; but yes, don't know and maybe.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads