X100 Snapr 35 + brad strap ?

Started Jan 17, 2013 | Questions
tiberiousgracchus
Regular MemberPosts: 247
Like?
X100 Snapr 35 + brad strap ?
Jan 17, 2013

As i wear my camera now it either hangs round my neck for quick shooting but looks 'touristy' or over my left shoulder (not really for shooting and very awkward when i wish to use it in an instant.

So I was thinking of going for this combination. Has anyone had any experience if the brad Strap actually works with the Snapr35? Im unable to find any confirmation of this on the www.

Regards

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Gusmur
Contributing MemberPosts: 540Gear list
Like?
Re: X100 Snapr 35 + brad strap ?
In reply to tiberiousgracchus, Jan 17, 2013

Not sure what the brad strap is, but I found the Snapr 35 and the included strap that slides up and down the bag strap and connects to the tripod socket, very useful and is now my favourite way to use the camera. Nice thing about the 35 model is that the camera fits easily with the lens hood attached.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Angus
--
Use your head,
Go with your heart.
http://www.pbase.com/gusmur
http://gusmurphotography.zenfolio.com/

Gusmur's gear list:Gusmur's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
3point3MP
Forum MemberPosts: 69Gear list
Like?
In reply to Gusmur, Jan 18, 2013

The Snapr 35 works great for my X-100 with hood.

Took a look at at the Blackrapid web site.  The Brad strap must be for solving a problem I don't have.  Maybe it is useful for some of there other rigs for larger cameras.

3point3MP's gear list:3point3MP's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
tiberiousgracchus
Like?
In reply to 3point3MP, Jan 19, 2013

Thanks for the feedback.Yea the snapr 35 looks like a lovely solution and i'll probaly go for it. The brad strap just prevents the  the main strap from moving on you body. Will get the spapr35 and if needed will add to it.

bugeyed
Senior MemberPosts: 1,131
Like?
In reply to tiberiousgracchus, Jan 19, 2013

I usually "wear" the X-100 over my shoulder & across the body hanging to the side instead of just hanging off the shoulder. I had to extend the strap so that it sits at my waist. Too short & "touristry" with the stock strap. I have the Fuji case & I extended the webbed part to make it around 56" I think. The only thing that I didn't like is that the rubbery backing on the strap made it difficult to swing the camera up to shoot 'cause the strap would drag on my shirt. The easy solution was to turn the strap inside out, with the leather against my shirt & all is well. Makes it work as slick as a Black Rapid strap. Since the strap is across my body, I don't need the rubbery backing, as it's not going to slip off my shoulder.

Cheers,

kev

-- hide signature --

I just think that things should work the way I expect them to.

tiberiousgracchus
Like?
In reply to bugeyed, Jan 21, 2013

Thank you for the great tips...will try this out.

hexxthalion
Contributing MemberPosts: 526Gear list
Like?
In reply to tiberiousgracchus, Jan 21, 2013

tiberiousgracchus wrote:

As i wear my camera now it either hangs round my neck for quick shooting but looks 'touristy' or over my left shoulder (not really for shooting and very awkward when i wish to use it in an instant.

So I was thinking of going for this combination. Has anyone had any experience if the brad Strap actually works with the Snapr35? Im unable to find any confirmation of this on the www.

Regards

i use SnapR 35 and strap which comes with it - for X100 and also for X-Pro1

hexxthalion's gear list:hexxthalion's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R +11 more
wetfop
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?
In reply to tiberiousgracchus, Jan 21, 2013

I use a Lance strap from http://lancecamerastraps.com/string-loop-non-adjust/

I have a 60 inch strap with corded attachments. When worn, as I do, with the X100 over my shoulder and across the body hanging to the side, the camera hangs just below my hip.

It enables the camera to be worn over a heavy winter coat and places the camera into my large coat-pocket but still hanging from the strap.

The rounded nature of the strap ensures that the strap doesn't stick to the shoulder but pulls around smoothly when wanted.

The corded attachments used by Lance are Opt/tec cords

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tech-System-Connectors-LOOPS-OTM217/dp/B004N623WK/ref=pd_sim_ph_15

enabling the camera to be used with a Opt/tec wrist strap by unconnecting the Lancs strap and connecting the wrist strap to the same connector.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/OP-TECH-Compact-Cameras-Binoculars/dp/B000H02B6O/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1358772432&sr=8-2-spell

tiberiousgracchus
Like?
In reply to wetfop, Jan 21, 2013

The thing is I have  son and have the camera on me 24/7 and when bending down the my current fuji strap continuously slides infront of me,knocking into things on the way, a bit of a pain  if you ask me. Really I have no problem with that because the camera really is built so well so im not afraid. It just gets in the way when you dont want it too. Im not sure the cord version will help prevent this although they do look lovely. The idea is to have constant access when i need it.Perhaps as previous suggested I may extend the strap to waist level.If all else fails The Snapr 35 be it will. Thanks for your feedback

LaFonte
Senior MemberPosts: 2,641Gear list
Like?
In reply to tiberiousgracchus, Jan 22, 2013

tiberiousgracchus wrote:

Regards

I kind of feel weird with those small purses on straps hanging around your body. I mean i would rather look touristy than having a tiny bag on string running around me.

LaFonte's gear list:LaFonte's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
tiberiousgracchus
Like?
In reply to LaFonte, Jan 30, 2013

LaFonte wrote:

tiberiousgracchus wrote:

Regards

I kind of feel weird with those small purses on straps hanging around your body. I mean i would rather look touristy than having a tiny bag on string running around me.

You do have a point. Perhaps i will take Zach Arias advice and just ditch the bag post purchase.

tiberiousgracchus
Like?
In reply to bugeyed, Feb 10, 2013

So I actually put this into practice. Extending the staps to their limits and I now wear the camera across the chest with enough room to shoot both portrait and landscape. No more switching from around the neck and visa versa. Just shooting

TUVM !

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
In reply to tiberiousgracchus, Feb 10, 2013

tiberiousgracchus wrote:

As i wear my camera now it either hangs round my neck for quick shooting but looks 'touristy'

I hate the touristy look so I ditched all my camera straps.  Now my gear sits in a Billingham bag. I can pull out my X100 or GA645 very fast and shoot without a strap, no problems at all.  When done, I just plop them down in the bag and strap it shut.  Works fantastic.

or over my left shoulder (not really for shooting and very awkward when i wish to use it in an instant.

Regards

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 +9 more
tiberiousgracchus
Like?
In reply to rattymouse, Feb 11, 2013

rattymouse wrote:

tiberiousgracchus wrote:

As i wear my camera now it either hangs round my neck for quick shooting but looks 'touristy'

I hate the touristy look so I ditched all my camera straps. Now my gear sits in a Billingham bag. I can pull out my X100 or GA645 very fast and shoot without a strap, no problems at all. When done, I just plop them down in the bag and strap it shut. Works fantastic.

or over my left shoulder (not really for shooting and very awkward when i wish to use it in an instant.

Regards

The bag was an is and interesting idea Im currently using a leather bag flattish with a flap.but no padding. But when im out and about im wearing it always as i now have learned with it across my chest looking not 'touristy' imo and this is what i wanted to achieve really with  quick access to shoot. The bag just ads  to bulk although it does protect it more. really im not afraid of it getting knocks due to its sturdy build and is so small that when walking and not using it it tucks nicely under arm over the hip and not so obvious.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads