Fuji X-S1 vs. Fuji HS50EXR

Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions
Francis Carver
Senior MemberPosts: 1,093
Like?
Re: Fuji X-S1 vs. Fuji HS50EXR
In reply to JohnDWewege, Jan 16, 2013

JohnDWewege wrote:

Which sensor size and pixel count combination would be best for action photography (wildlife & sports) - the 2/3-inch EXR CMOS 12 MP (Fuji X-S1) vs.1/2-inch EXR CMOS II 16 MP (Fuji HS50EXR)?

Good question, John, I am just scratching my head at the range of the off-topic answers.

First off, OP never said he had wanted to do AUTOMATIC FOCUSING, he probably does, but really, people -- people were shooting sports and birds BEFORE AF was even invented you know?

Next, OP only asks about 2 cameras -- yet, answers hoard together two dozen cameras and bitch or praise each ad infinitum.

John, we do not yet know ANYTHING about the HS50 EXR camera, because even its data of availability has not yet been released. The specs posted so far look impressive - a claimed 0.05 second autofocusing  time in stills mode, no clue how that would translate into video mode.

Although I do not have an X-S1, I understand its AF time is not too shabby, but for some reason they really messed up its video capabilities. The X20 camera is supposed to have (according to Fujifilm, that is) improved video, no idea at all yet whether the HS50 EXR would also have better quality video than what the X-S1 has, or not.

Personally, I will get the HS50 EXR when it comes out, put it through its paces, and unless I am 98 percent satisfied with its performance, particularly in the video and lens departments, send it back and get the Panny Lumix GH3 instead, assuming both make/model cameras will be shipping by then.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Wellington100
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,721Gear list
Like?
In reply to JohnDWewege, Jan 16, 2013

JohnDWewege wrote:

Which sensor size and pixel count combination would be best for action photography (wildlife & sports) - the 2/3-inch EXR CMOS 12 MP (Fuji X-S1) vs.1/2-inch EXR CMOS II 16 MP (Fuji HS50EXR)?

These cameras work best in good light and in the right conditions both will deliver. If the on sensor PD on the HS50 delivers as promised, that may give it an advantage over the X-S1 for action shots, but who knows, Panny are on the record as saying that on sensor PD is nothing more than a trick of software.

The much longer reach of the HS50 coupled with a new generation of sensor may give it another advantage over the X-S1 because you will be able to zoom much closer in to little birds (1000 vs 600mm) and then be able to throw more pixels at the birds (8 vs 6mp). In good light this should give images from the HS50 a significant advantage IMHO.

In poorer light all bets are off and I would probably prefer the Panny but I rarely shoot in poor light and I am still a huge fan of the EXR sensor because it improves images taken in good light so much.

All in al, based on the specs alone,l I can't see why you would choose the older camera.

-- hide signature --

S100fs, S6500, S5, F300, D40, EX1, EPM1

Francis Carver
Like?
HS50 EXR Specs Concerns + Hoping for the X-S2
In reply to Wellington100, Jan 17, 2013

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/910167-REG/fujifilm_16286412_finepix_hs50_digital_camera.html

Connectivity 2.5mm Sub-mini

Well, IMO Fujifilm had made a mistake in giving this new camera a non-standard 2.5mm audio input (external mic) jack. That was the standard for mono earphones in 1950s era transistor pocket radios. Wow, for $550, maybe we could have gotten a 3.5mm jack instead, huh? What you gonna plug into a 2.5mm microphone jack, anyhow? Let me guess -- a 2.5mm jacked little toy mic developed and sold by none other than Fujifilm?

Also, re. video recording, these are the only frame rates listed:

1920 x 1080: 60 fps
1280 x 720: 60 fps
640 x 480: 30 fps

Well, if all the HS50 EXR can do in 1080p and 720p is 60p = 60fps, its usefulness will be reduced for the occasional overcranking for slow-mo effects. Hopefully it will be able to do at least 25p and 50p, even if not 24p. But if all it can do is 60p, like its online specifications state. I definitely would not buy it. As you know, only the single 60fps rame rate is listed for it for HD video.

I know it says it can record VGA quality square video at 30fps, but who really uses that quality and aspect ratio for video in the year 2013, hmmm?

Once or hopefully just before the camera starts shipping and Fuji will park the User Manual online, we shall know more about the HS50 EXR. And there is always "here is hoping" for an X-S2 top model with a 2/3-inch or even 1-inch X-TRANS sensor.

Jostian
Senior MemberPosts: 1,142Gear list
Like?

Wellington100 wrote:

JohnDWewege wrote:

These cameras work best in good light and in the right conditions both will deliver. If the on sensor PD on the HS50 delivers as promised, that may give it an advantage over the X-S1 for action shots, but who knows, Panny are on the record as saying that on sensor PD is nothing more than a trick of software.

The much longer reach of the HS50 coupled with a new generation of sensor may give it another advantage over the X-S1 because you will be able to zoom much closer in to little birds (1000 vs 600mm) and then be able to throw more pixels at the birds (8 vs 6mp). In good light this should give images from the HS50 a significant advantage IMHO.

In poorer light all bets are off and I would probably prefer the Panny but I rarely shoot in poor light and I am still a huge fan of the EXR sensor because it improves images taken in good light so much.

All in al, based on the specs alone,l I can't see why you would choose the older camera.

-- hide signature --

The new sensor in the HS50 is still going to be inferior to the XS1 even in good light, the HS50 sensor is tiny (as is the FZ200 and SX50), whereas the XS1's sensor is 25 to 30% larger and without the added strain of an extra 4 million pixels it'll still offer better IQ than the HS50 even is great light, and once the iso's go up the gap will only increase (there's a comparison thread showing that the FZ200 at 400 iso is no match for the XS1 at 1600 iso in terms of IQ) so I don't see anything changing with the new sensor in the HS50, but we'll see.

See this pic of my cat at 1600 iso, none of the bridgecams will have IQ like this at 1600 iso...

-- hide signature --

Jostian

Jostian's gear list:Jostian's gear list
Olympus XZ-2 iHS Canon EOS 7D Sony a6000 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM
AdamT
Forum ProPosts: 56,161Gear list
Like?

if you think that a twice warmedover HS20 sensor is going beat the 2/3" version with LESS pixels on it for anything apart from allowing more zoom in the same space then you`re dreaming . if the HS50 performs better even than its predecessors (HS20/30)  it`ll be more down to more advanced post processing than anything else, sensor improvements are gradual - it`d take a miracle to get it even close to the 2/3" device ..

My Prediction is that The HS50 stands about as much chance of replacing the XS1 as the HS10 did in replacing the S200EXR

-- hide signature --

** A Problem is only the pessimistic way of looking at a challenge **

AdamT's gear list:AdamT's gear list
Sigma DP1 Fujifilm X-S1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon Coolpix P330 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: HS50 EXR Specs Concerns + Hoping for the X-S2
In reply to Francis Carver, Jan 17, 2013

This is actually a reply to no one in particular, just the general idea that no one has held or used an HS50, or been reviewed by any of the usual suspects (as well as the X100S or the X20).

I'm dumbstruck by all the assumptions and extrapolations as to what these things really will do in the real world, once they hit the streets.  The HS50 may be the greatest thing since sliced bread, a moderately better HS30, one more slow-focusing, grinding-zoom, drooping pile of crap, who really knows right now?

Does this stuff REALLY keep you guys up nights?

All the Best,

JW

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: HS50 EXR Specs Concerns + Hoping for the X-S2
In reply to Gaijin Tourist, Jan 17, 2013

outstanding!!!

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 +9 more
Francis Carver
Like?
Fuji X-S1 vs. Fuji HS50EXR
In reply to AdamT, Jan 17, 2013

If you think that a twice warmedover HS20 sensor is going beat the 2/3" version with LESS pixels on it for anything apart from allowing more zoom in the same space then you`re dreaming . if the HS50 performs better even than its predecessors (HS20/30) it`ll be more down to more advanced post processing than anything else, sensor improvements are gradual - it`d take a miracle to get it even close to the 2/3" device .

My Prediction is that The HS50 stands about as much chance of replacing the XS1 as the HS10 did in replacing the S200EXR.

Well, the biggest thing going for the HS50 EXR is that it has not (yet) been plagued by all the things that have plagued the X-S1 in its first 18 months or so of it existence. That's surely something, no?

HS50 has the 1/2-inch sensor, the very next standard imager sensor size up from that is 2/3rd. It's not like going from 1/2-inch up to 1-inch, you know.

Not sure how the X-S1 functions in photo mode, but based on users comments here and elsewhere, it is not really too good for low-light video shooting, which is quite shocking considering the generous 2/3-inch 12MP imager that it has.

With the claimed new (or at least major league revamped) sensor and new processor, coupled with the new lens, the HS50 EXR can indeed easily match the performance of the X-S1, particularly in video mode.  The truth will be in the pudding, i.e. will the HS50 EXR be hustle-free and major trouble-free right out the gate -- or not.

And yeah, you do have a totally angry looking cat.  

The new sensor in the HS50 is still going to be inferior to the XS1 even in good light, the HS50 sensor is tiny (as is the FZ200 and SX50), whereas the XS1's sensor is 25 to 30% larger and without the added strain of an extra 4 million pixels it'll still offer better IQ than the HS50 even is great light, and once the iso's go up the gap will only increase (there's a comparison thread showing that the FZ200 at 400 iso is no match for the XS1 at 1600 iso in terms of IQ) so I don't see anything changing with the new sensor in the HS50, but we'll see.

Okay, but see above. The one that would definitely beat the HS50 EXR and the X-S1 is an X-S2 or X-50 X-TRANS sensor model, assuming such a camera will be announced sometime this year or early next year. There are some indications that there might be. HS-class and S-class is one thing with Fuji, but X-class is another class entirely. Interestingly though, HS-class cameras seem to have fewer "issues" with them than X-class cameras had (X-S1, X10, etc).

AdamT
Like?
In reply to Francis Carver, Jan 17, 2013

Well, the biggest thing going for the HS50 EXR is that it has not (yet) been plagued by all the things that have plagued the X-S1 in its first 18 months or so of it existence. That's surely something, no?

Many Fujis tend to be plagued with something - the HS20`s overheat, lens sticking and battery door issues, severe lens sample issues with the F550 series, S602 battery drainage & CCD dust, X100 lens problems, all sorts of X10 issues, sensor failures across the CCD-HR and SR series...... sometimes they acquit themselves well like they did wih the HS20, sometimes they don`t bother and release a new model (the superzoom F compacts) , sometimes thet take their time but fix like the XS1, X100 and X10 . Whether the HS50 will have issues depends on whether Fuji have beta tested it properly and whether they`ve raised the acceptance level of assembly

HS50 has the 1/2-inch sensor, the very next standard imager sensor size up from that is 2/3rd. It's not like going from 1/2-inch up to 1-inch, you know.

1:1.7"/1:1.6"  is the next size up from 1/2" (the size used in the F200/S200EXRs, the XZ1/2 and the canon G series, there`s a big diff between 1/2" and 2/3" . PLUS there are 4 million less pixels crammed in there

Not sure how the X-S1 functions in photo mode, but based on users comments here and elsewhere, it is not really too good for low-light video shooting, which is quite shocking considering the generous 2/3-inch 12MP imager that it has.

C'mon Francis, Fujis haven`t been even competitive for video since the S602 over 10 years ago - the EXR sensors have been even worse than the CCD-HRs and no one buys one with any kind of video based inspirations in mind because of this.

With the claimed new (or at least major league revamped) sensor and new processor, coupled with the new lens, the HS50 EXR can indeed easily match the performance of the X-S1, particularly in video mode.

I doubt anyone would care how it performed in video (unless its as bad as the HS20 was, which was worse than any modern Cellphone) , it`s whether they manage to improve the Sensor more than a few percent over the HS20 and HS30 rather than just up the processing which will count.

The truth will be in the pudding, i.e. will the HS50 EXR be hustle-free and major trouble-free right out the gate -- or not.

That`s down to whether Fuji bother to beta test it and if they raise their quality control standards to acceptable

Okay, but see above. The one that would definitely beat the HS50 EXR and the X-S1 is an X-S2 or X-50 X-TRANS sensor model,

I was Hoping the HS50 would have had an X-Trans sensor . if they make an XS2 it certainly Will but it`s not looking good that an XS2 will exist.

-- hide signature --

Sigma DP1 Fujifilm X-S1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon Coolpix P330 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
Sergey Borachev
Senior MemberPosts: 2,477Gear list
Like?
In reply to JohnDWewege, Jan 18, 2013

X-S1?  I believe the right English expresion is a "lost cause".  Like many of the first-generation Fuji cameras, there have been so many problems. Let's hope the X-S2 will arrive soon, with the X20 sensor. And let's hope Fuji does not stuff up, again.

AdamT
Like?
In reply to Sergey Borachev, Jan 18, 2013

Sergey Borachev wrote:

X-S1? I believe the right English expresion is a "lost cause". Like many of the first-generation Fuji cameras, there have been so many problems. Let's hope the X-S2 will arrive soon, with the X20 sensor. And let's hope Fuji does not stuff up, again.

I Guarantee that if they DON'T make an XS2 - then it`ll go down as one of Fuji`s top "One Off" classics along with the S100FS, F200EXR and S6500FD

What Fuji need to do is stop being Maggots and agree to fix all the XS1s and X10s regardless of status (no warranty, used, whatever) like Sony did with the sensor fiasco and Fuji themselves did with the SR sensors which failed - they`ve not acquitted thenselves well on these two cameras and it doesn`t do anything for customer Loyalty - it`s not helped along by that they themselves (Well in the UK anyway) haven `t a clue which ones are out of factory OK or which ones have been back for the Fix ..

-- hide signature --

Francis Carver
Like?
Fuji X-S1 EVF Blues
In reply to JohnDWewege, Jan 18, 2013

Okay, so I went to an out of state camera store today that actually HAD an X-S1 to demo, and so for the first time actually handled an X-S1. Wow, what an instant letdown! The supposedly "good" EVF was so jerky and slow at refreshing itself, I started in 24mm wide and kept zooming in, I was already at 624mm when the EVF still showed me something looking like it was captured at around 300mm, phew....

I estimated that the camera refreshed the EVF's image about 5x per second, i.e. one new image every 0.2 seconds (while zooming rather fast), is that pretty standard with the X-S1? If so, how you can you guys live with it -- and why? Are there work-around to the super-slow refresh EVF?

Also checked out Sony Alpha 99, its allegedly OLED EVF was markedly better than the X-S1's, but still did not "blow me away." The Alpha 57's EVF was worse, but still refreshed faster than what the poor Finepix X-S1 was able to perform.

The zoom ring was quite fine to operate on the X-S1, but the focus ring being so close to the body and being so narrow and being without any reference markings  sure as heck drove me up the proverbial wall.

Anyhow, after handling an internal zooming Tokina 17-35mm/F4 zoom lens on a Canon 6D and 60D, I sort of decided that:

1. Optical VFs are actually better for the eyes than electronic ones; and

2. Interchangeable lens cameras have one main advantage: if you do not like a particular lens, just remove it and mount something else. If you do not like the lens on the X-S1 or on any other fixed lens camera, however, you have to chuck both the lens AND the camera, right?

Just sayin...  

No idea how the EVF on the HS50 EXR will be compared to the X-S1.... but we already know that compared to the X-S1, it will be about 1/4 of the X-S1 EVF's physical surface area size (i.e. 1/4-inch diagonal versus 1/2-inch diagonal). Dang.... ding-dang-dong.

BTW, I asked the clerk at Calumet Photography is the X-S1 was suggested by him for video shooting purposes, and he retorted right away: "Hell, no. Don't do it"

jcmarfilph
Senior MemberPosts: 7,592Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji X-S1 EVF Blues
In reply to Francis Carver, Jan 19, 2013

Francis Carver wrote:

Okay, so I went to an out of state camera store today that actually HAD an X-S1 to demo, and so for the first time actually handled an X-S1. Wow, what an instant letdown! The supposedly "good" EVF was so jerky and slow at refreshing itself, I started in 24mm wide and kept zooming in, I was already at 624mm when the EVF still showed me something looking like it was captured at around 300mm, phew....

I estimated that the camera refreshed the EVF's image about 5x per second, i.e. one new image every 0.2 seconds (while zooming rather fast), is that pretty standard with the X-S1? If so, how you can you guys live with it -- and why? Are there work-around to the super-slow refresh EVF?

Also checked out Sony Alpha 99, its allegedly OLED EVF was markedly better than the X-S1's, but still did not "blow me away." The Alpha 57's EVF was worse, but still refreshed faster than what the poor Finepix X-S1 was able to perform.

The zoom ring was quite fine to operate on the X-S1, but the focus ring being so close to the body and being so narrow and being without any reference markings sure as heck drove me up the proverbial wall.

Anyhow, after handling an internal zooming Tokina 17-35mm/F4 zoom lens on a Canon 6D and 60D, I sort of decided that:

1. Optical VFs are actually better for the eyes than electronic ones; and

2. Interchangeable lens cameras have one main advantage: if you do not like a particular lens, just remove it and mount something else. If you do not like the lens on the X-S1 or on any other fixed lens camera, however, you have to chuck both the lens AND the camera, right?

Just sayin...

No idea how the EVF on the HS50 EXR will be compared to the X-S1.... but we already know that compared to the X-S1, it will be about 1/4 of the X-S1 EVF's physical surface area size (i.e. 1/4-inch diagonal versus 1/2-inch diagonal). Dang.... ding-dang-dong.

BTW, I asked the clerk at Calumet Photography is the X-S1 was suggested by him for video shooting purposes, and he retorted right away: "Hell, no. Don't do it"

There should be a framerate adjustment for EVF. HS30 does have 50fps and it doesn't skip a heartbeat when you zoom in or zoom out. It will have a minimal lag when you are tracking a subject and continuously shooting it.

-=[ Joms ]=-

jcmarfilph's gear list:jcmarfilph's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +1 more
LTZ470
Forum ProPosts: 10,350
Like?
Re: FZ200 I am going to Las Vegas, looks like I am very lucky!…lol...
In reply to jcmarfilph, Jan 19, 2013

jcmarfilph wrote:

AdamT wrote:

JohnDWewege wrote:

As Ratty said - Fujis aren`t the best for Action - that`s what Panasonics are for

-- hide signature --

Wrong. Any motorized superzoom is disaster in fast action shots unless you are lucky.

-- hide signature --

-=[ Joms ]=-

Prefocussed on the ball in mid air…lol…

Prefocussed in the middle of the field…lol...

-- hide signature --

--Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I support the call to upgrade the FZ50.
I will not only buy one but two no questions asked...

Jostian
Senior MemberPosts: 1,142Gear list
Like?
In reply to LTZ470, Jan 19, 2013

LTZ470 wrote:

jcmarfilph wrote:

AdamT wrote:

JohnDWewege wrote:

As Ratty said - Fujis aren`t the best for Action - that`s what Panasonics are for

-- hide signature --

Wrong. Any motorized superzoom is disaster in fast action shots unless you are lucky.

-- hide signature --

-=[ Joms ]=-

Prefocussed in the middle of the field…lol...

-- hide signature --

FlickR Photostream:

Great set of actions pics from the FZ200!

-- hide signature --

Jostian

Jostian's gear list:Jostian's gear list
Olympus XZ-2 iHS Canon EOS 7D Sony a6000 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM
Wellington100
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,721Gear list
Like?
In reply to AdamT, Jan 19, 2013

AdamT wrote:

if you think that a twice warmedover HS20 sensor is going beat the 2/3" version with LESS pixels on it for anything apart from allowing more zoom in the same space then you`re dreaming . if the HS50 performs better even than its predecessors (HS20/30) it`ll be more down to more advanced post processing than anything else, sensor improvements are gradual - it`d take a miracle to get it even close to the 2/3" device ..

My Prediction is that The HS50 stands about as much chance of replacing the XS1 as the HS10 did in replacing the S200EXR

-- hide signature --

You could be right though the HS50 is getting a new generation backlit sensor. These backlit sensors apparently have a 30% improvement in light gathering capability over normal sensors which if true will go some way towards addressing the size difference between the 2 sensors.

Then there is the lens. Regardless of what Paul says, I have never found his XS1 lens to be as sharp as his old S100 lens. If Fuji nail the HS50 lens (which may be a big if considering its reach) then that could be another benefit for the the HS50.

If the new focusing system works as promised that may mean that the under some more difficult conditions the HS50 will deliver sharp images where the XS1 delivers blur.

Overall there may be various reasons why the HS50 could equal or even better the XS1, with sensor size differences being only one of a number of factors involved.

Also in good light, the benefits of a bigger sensor are less apparent and I would argue that the HS50 is primarily a camera for good light conditions.

-- hide signature --

LTZ470
Forum ProPosts: 10,350
Like?
In reply to Jostian, Jan 19, 2013

Jostian wrote:

LTZ470 wrote:

jcmarfilph wrote:

AdamT wrote:

JohnDWewege wrote:

-- hide signature --

-- hide signature --

-=[ Joms ]=-

-- hide signature --

Jostian

The X-S1 will beat these easily I feel, I still think it's a great camera in many ways, wished Fuji would give us a X-S2 with the sensor issue and droopy lens repaired...

The FZ200 does allow good shutter speed though for sure...

-- hide signature --

FlickR Photostream:

Steen Bay
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,188
Like?
In reply to Wellington100, Jan 19, 2013

Wellington100 wrote:

AdamT wrote:

if you think that a twice warmedover HS20 sensor is going beat the 2/3" version with LESS pixels on it for anything apart from allowing more zoom in the same space then you`re dreaming . if the HS50 performs better even than its predecessors (HS20/30) it`ll be more down to more advanced post processing than anything else, sensor improvements are gradual - it`d take a miracle to get it even close to the 2/3" device ..

-- hide signature --

You could be right though the HS50 is getting a new generation backlit sensor. These backlit sensors apparently have a 30% improvement in light gathering capability over normal sensors which if true will go some way towards addressing the size difference between the 2 sensors.

Does the HS50 have a BSI-CMOS sensor? The X20 and SL1000 has, but I don't think that the HS50 announcement mentioned anything about BSI.

Then there is the lens. Regardless of what Paul says, I have never found his XS1 lens to be as sharp as his old S100 lens. If Fuji nail the HS50 lens (which may be a big if considering its reach) then that could be another benefit for the the HS50.

If the new focusing system works as promised that may mean that the under some more difficult conditions the HS50 will deliver sharp images where the XS1 delivers blur.

Overall there may be various reasons why the HS50 could equal or even better the XS1, with sensor size differences being only one of a number of factors involved.

Also in good light, the benefits of a bigger sensor are less apparent and I would argue that the HS50 is primarily a camera for good light conditions.

-- hide signature --

Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 13,024
Like?
In reply to LTZ470, Jan 19, 2013

LTZ470 wrote:

Jostian wrote:

Agreed! Where were you a few weeks ago when there was a thread about shooting action with a bridge camera? Shots like these were lacking, though we got kids diving off a bridge from far away, etc. THESE are action shots and well taken.

The X-S1 will beat these easily I feel

Nobody posted anything remotely like these from an X-S1 nor have I seen any.

, I still think it's a great camera in many ways, wished Fuji would give us a X-S2 with the sensor issue and droopy lens repaired...

I'd take an FZ50 with an updated sensor and processing engine any day instead.

The FZ200 with its constant 2.8 zoom lens is a standout because of it. I'd rather have a shorter zoom than a myopic telescope.

-- hide signature --

You don't TAKE a photo, you MAKE a photo.

jcmarfilph
Senior MemberPosts: 7,592Gear list
Like?
In reply to Midwest, Jan 19, 2013

Midwest wrote:

LTZ470 wrote:

Jostian wrote:

Agreed! Where were you a few weeks ago when there was a thread about shooting action with a bridge camera? Shots like these were lacking, though we got kids diving off a bridge from far away, etc. THESE are action shots and well taken.

The X-S1 will beat these easily I feel

Nobody posted anything remotely like these from an X-S1 nor have I seen any.

, I still think it's a great camera in many ways, wished Fuji would give us a X-S2 with the sensor issue and droopy lens repaired...

I'd take an FZ50 with an updated sensor and processing engine any day instead.

The FZ200 with its constant 2.8 zoom lens is a standout because of it. I'd rather have a shorter zoom than a myopic telescope.

-- hide signature --

You don't TAKE a photo, you MAKE a photo.

Well Coley said those are pre-focused shots under blazing sunlight.

It is no different than this one...

You could image if the Hockey arena is in open field and with the sun above it

I can zoom in and out of their faces right away with HS10, HS30 or X-S1 and not with any motorized superzoom.

-=[ Joms ]=-

jcmarfilph's gear list:jcmarfilph's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads