X30 Feature Request

Started Jan 11, 2013 | Discussions
silps
Regular MemberPosts: 147Gear list
Like?
X30 Feature Request
Jan 11, 2013

Now that the X20 is old news what do you want see in the X30?

My wish list:

24mm on the wide end

Higher res tilt LCD screen

Touch screen

Closer to 100% optical viewfinder (actually the might as well throw in a hybrid viewfinder)

Built-in wifi

So how about your wish list?

silps's gear list:silps's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E PZ 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Apple iPhone 5 Google Nexus 4 +1 more
Fujifilm X20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Luc de Schepper
Senior MemberPosts: 1,097
Like?
Re: X30 Feature Request
In reply to silps, Jan 11, 2013

My wishlist is short; for more people to realize they can shoot fabulous images with their current gear.

I like photography AND I like new gear. But to speculate about new features for a future camera which is the succesor to a near future camera, that's a bridge too far for me.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Larry Winters
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,825
Like?

silps wrote:

My wish list:

24mm on the wide end

Touch screen

Closer to 100% optical viewfinder (actually the might as well throw in a hybrid viewfinder)

Built-in wifi

Lets see.  I would like a holographic projection live view,  a 100mp MF sensor, Wi-Fi to the Hubble, thats about it for now.  Otherwise I agree with Luc.

Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 13,732
Like?
In reply to Luc de Schepper, Jan 11, 2013

Luc de Schepper wrote:

My wishlist is short; for more people to realize they can shoot fabulous images with their current gear.

I like photography AND I like new gear. But to speculate about new features for a future camera which is the succesor to a near future camera, that's a bridge too far for me.

+1

Not referring to the OP but all the people I see clamoring for a new model, if you look in their galleries, many if not most are barely using what they have already. Ducks, flowers, squirrels, landscapes.

-- hide signature --

You don't TAKE a photo, you MAKE a photo.

arcobaleno
Forum MemberPosts: 87Gear list
Like?

Fully agree with Luc.  Moreover, I like photography even more than new gear and would like to see on this forum more interesting pics instead of endless and often empty talk on tech features. And that would be great to see in those photos something different from flowers, birds, cats, leaves on the ground and landscapes taken from the bedroom window.

Joel Stern
Forum ProPosts: 10,339Gear list
Like?

silps wrote:

My wish list:

24mm on the wide end

Touch screen

Built-in wifi

You guys are nuts, let the 20 hit the market......I never understood this, a camera is announced, period, wait!

Joel Stern
Forum ProPosts: 10,339Gear list
Like?
In reply to Midwest, Jan 11, 2013

Midwest wrote:

Luc de Schepper wrote:

My wishlist is short; for more people to realize they can shoot fabulous images with their current gear.

I like photography AND I like new gear. But to speculate about new features for a future camera which is the succesor to a near future camera, that's a bridge too far for me.

+1

Not referring to the OP but all the people I see clamoring for a new model, if you look in their galleries, many if not most are barely using what they have already. Ducks, flowers, squirrels, landscapes.

-- hide signature --

Yes, those flower and squirrel shots are in high demand

Larry Winters
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,825
Like?

Hi slips:

On a more serious note.  Like Luc had stated, learn to appreciate what is already available.  This incessant need for newer, faster, better without enjoying whats already current is bordering on being a spoiled behavior.  Of couse I'm from a generation where getting something new was expected to be kept and enjoyed for many years, not months or weeks like the new gens.

I don't mind progess, but let the ink dry on the X20 press release before wishing on a X30.

xchert
Regular MemberPosts: 185
Like?

silps wrote:

My wish list:

24mm on the wide end

Touch screen

Built-in wifi

Not so sure about the 24mm, but an 100% OVF would have made this camera much larger.  Hey, the specs of the X20 are already more impressive than what I would have asked for.  I, for one, can't wait!

WillemB
Contributing MemberPosts: 669Gear list
Like?
In reply to xchert, Jan 11, 2013

Besides, squirrel pictures can be so endearing!

-- hide signature --

WillemB

WillemB's gear list:WillemB's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 +1 more
artofsnow
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?

silps wrote:

My wish list:

24mm on the wide end

Touch screen

Built-in wifi

I don't mind about the touch screen or the Wifi but I would add:

- larger capacity battery

- easier manual focus system (lens ring ?)

Well, basically those are the thing that are missing on my X10 ... and as they are not the X20 feature list, let's put them on the X30 wish list

Midwest
Like?
In reply to arcobaleno, Jan 11, 2013

arcobaleno wrote:

Fully agree with Luc. Moreover, I like photography even more than new gear and would like to see on this forum more interesting pics instead of endless and often empty talk on tech features. And that would be great to see in those photos something different from flowers, birds, cats, leaves on the ground and landscapes taken from the bedroom window.

BINGO. I think some people want to enjoy photography, they get a decent camera then they can't think of anything to shoot so they take 'pretty' pictures or whatever. It's like if they bought a grand piano, couldn't play much on it, but were anxiously awaiting the next piano model to be released.

The best thing a person can do for their photography is to find out something they really enjoy that they can share through photos - but things like flowers and squirrels though pretty or 'cute' are also utterly forgettable.

Find something better! The world is full of great shots if you look for them. I know, some people do enjoy duck and flower photos, but really, one is not much different than the next.

-- hide signature --

Midwest
Like?
In reply to WillemB, Jan 11, 2013

WillemB wrote:

I recall one squirrel photo, taken of a young man hand-feeding a squirrel in the park. I remember it because it captured a moment with the boy 'connecting' with the squirrel.

The other 8,497 squirrel photos could have been named 'This is a squirrel' and I can't recall anything about them.

-- hide signature --

CAcreeks
Senior MemberPosts: 6,523
Like?
I want to see an X2

With the F series running out of numbers and possibly near its end, I would like to see the X20 without viewfinder for lighter weight and smaller size. Based on X10 results, the lens is excellent, unlike the XF1 lens. With viewfinder removed, the LCD could be 3" and perhaps higher resolution.

RMCN
Forum MemberPosts: 52Gear list
Like?

X100s with a zoom in the range of 21-90.

evoprox
Senior MemberPosts: 1,122Gear list
Like?

Midwest wrote:

Luc de Schepper wrote:

+1

Don't forget 'street photography' - shooting shoppers in the back and stuff

evoprox's gear list:evoprox's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
Buhl213
Regular MemberPosts: 184Gear list
Like?

Midwest wrote:

WillemB wrote:

I recall one squirrel photo, taken of a young man hand-feeding a squirrel in the park. I remember it because it captured a moment with the boy 'connecting' with the squirrel.

The other 8,497 squirrel photos could have been named 'This is a squirrel' and I can't recall anything about them.

Yes, all those squirrels. Can't remember the last time anyone posted a picture of a decent swedish also-also møøse?

Bernie
Regular MemberPosts: 477Gear list
Like?

- Real EVF (no hybrid) with high resolution 2'300'000 dots

- Movie-mode with 23.976 fps, 24fps and 25fps

- tilting-screen

- Noise reduction "off"-setting in JPEG-mode (no noise reduction!)

- Continuous-shooting with 3/2/1 fps with AF-refocusing for every shoot (not only

the first one)

- Continuous-shooting with external flash (on my X10 and X-S1 disabled)

- Accessoire: Stronger external flash-gun (GN 58)

Regards

Bernie

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?

Well said!

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 +9 more
Mark H
Senior MemberPosts: 2,875
Like?
'Duck/Squirrel Recognition' - IP/patent gold...
In reply to Joel Stern, Jan 11, 2013

Joel Stern wrote:

Midwest wrote:

Luc de Schepper wrote:

+1

-- hide signature --

Yes, those flower and squirrel shots are in high demand

'Duck/Squirrel Recognition' (a la 'Face Recognition') - must be fortune to be made in patenting that as.

I dare any camera manufacturer - as April 1st approaches...

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads