In reply to rattymouse, Jan 11, 2013

Well after believing Ricoh I believe none

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
nonicks
Regular MemberPosts: 106Gear list
Like?
Re: Who believes FUJIFILM?
In reply to Joel Stern, Jan 11, 2013

hard to bleieve but who know... nothing can be sure until the end of the year.

nonicks's gear list:nonicks's gear list
Fujifilm X100S
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,616Gear list
Like?

The world has been asked to express an opinion about who believes an entire Japanese corporation, based on an off-hand oral remark by a foreign rep at a trade show in a distant land that was reported on the internet by a third party...........

Did the rep include the Zeiss?  Was he given the correct data?  Even if he was, did he make a mistake?  Does this really matter?  A lot?  Really?

Surely the lens road map is a worthy goal for 2013 anyway, and, if we're happy with that, it'd be better to actually go and do some photography?

Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon PowerShot G12 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +5 more
gbshooter
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
In reply to Rod McD, Jan 11, 2013

Are numbers really that important here? No. But they have to produce new lens options to keep the Pro and XE viable options to play off against all of the recent excitement over the 100S. Likely neither of these will have a refresh until late in the year or early '14. Notice even entries on this list where people are considering trading in whole SLR systems for 100S. So comments from CES reps are how they will keep the momentum going for the interchangeable lens series.

I believe the published road map is the best guess on what's coming this year. Anything else is a bonus.

David V
Senior MemberPosts: 1,006Gear list
Like?

rattymouse wrote:

Chris has reported that the reps at CES for FUJIFILM are stating that there will be 12 XF lenses available by the end of 2013.

Today we have for sale the 18, the 35, the 60, and the zoom. That's 4 lenses.

The 14 is essentially done and in the pipeline. That's 5.

Who here believes that FUJIFILM will design and ship the remaining seven lenses this year?

Possible? Or just an example of how clueless FUJIFILM USA reps are? I mean, has ANY camera company launched 7 lenses in a single year? Why does this not seem ridiculous to the FUJIFILM reps?

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

If they deliver just what was on their previously published roadmap, they would have covered 95% of what's required for most photographers that don't have extreme telephoto needs, so either way, we would have very little to complain about.

That said, I think delivering seven new lenses in a year is a pretty big goal unless they had this stuff in the pipeline and under wraps.  Always good to under promise and over deliver!

David V's gear list:David V's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +6 more
masterofdeception
Regular MemberPosts: 264Gear list
Like?

According to my crystal ball, by the end of 2013 we'll see the 10 on the road map plus:

15 T/S

90 f2.0

I have this on good authority.  Remember, you read it on the internet.

Bernie Ess
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,929Gear list
Like?
 Why does this not seem ridiculous to the FUJIFILM reps?

Why is it so important?

I find the question already asked in an unfriendly manner, it puts the company (Fuji) somehow into the position of a liar.

There is the timeline for the lenses, it is available since the beginning of the system and it gives a good orientation. Anyway, I am surprised you are still with them, after getting mad for month at the company with the x10 sensor issue you still worry about Fuji?

Bernie

-- hide signature --

'All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice.' (Elliot Erwitt)

hexxthalion
Contributing MemberPosts: 536Gear list
Like?

rattymouse wrote:

Chris has reported that the reps at CES for FUJIFILM are stating that there will be 12 XF lenses available by the end of 2013.

Who here believes that FUJIFILM will design and ship the remaining seven lenses this year?

Possible? Or just an example of how clueless FUJIFILM USA reps are? I mean, has ANY camera company launched 7 lenses in a single year? Why does this not seem ridiculous to the FUJIFILM reps?

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

Doesn't bother me really. All I might do is replace 18mm f/2 lens with 14mm f/2.8 and then add to the collection 56mm f/1.4 when it becomes available, that's all I need: Wide (21/27mm), Standard (50mm), Portrait (85mm) and I have X100 and will add X100s (35mm) when it hits shops.

hexxthalion's gear list:hexxthalion's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +11 more
steve mallen
Regular MemberPosts: 396
Like?
In reply to David V, Jan 11, 2013

David V wrote:

rattymouse wrote:

If they deliver just what was on their previously published roadmap, they would have covered 95% of what's required for most photographers that don't have extreme telephoto needs, so either way, we would have very little to complain about.

I must be in the 5%, then  The roadmap is great, but it's still missing a fast medium (not extreme) telephoto prime, like a 90mm f/2 (135mm equivalent), preferably with OIS.  I'd also appreciate an ultra-wide (10mm) prime and perhaps a fish-eye, but could live without those...

Having said that, there's no way I could afford all those lenses, so I'll probably just end up with 2 or 3 of them anyway!

-Steve

Bernie Ess
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,929Gear list
Like?
In reply to masterofdeception, Jan 11, 2013

According to my crystal ball, by the end of 2013 we'll see the 10 on the road map plus:

15 T/S

90 f2.0

I have this on good authority. Remember, you read it on the internet.

I hope your good authority is good enough. I would want a T/S with this system. This would make 12 lenses in less than 2 years. Probably a sort of world record.

Bernie

-- hide signature --

'All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice.' (Elliot Erwitt)

steve mallen
Regular MemberPosts: 396
Like?
In reply to masterofdeception, Jan 11, 2013

masterofdeception wrote:

15 T/S

90 f2.0

I have this on good authority. Remember, you read it on the internet.

A 90mm f/2.0 would be excellent - I hope you're right...

-Steve

Chris Dodkin
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,122Gear list
Like?
design and ship

Ratty, I want to point out that you have made a poor assumption in your post.

You say "will design and ship the remaining seven lenses this year"

You are failing to take into account that Fuji already have 10 lenses designed - They are on the road map, and were on display at CES

So they have been designing these lenses for years already - you don't do that sort of thing over night.

What they have to do is bring those lenses through production, to the market.

Which is a different task.

You could speculate that they have even more lenses in the R&D stage, for future releases - but that is speculation, as we don;t have any information on them.

-- hide signature --

http://www.dodkin.com
Chris@1D-Images.com
Mac Pro/MacBook Pro/iPods/iPhones/iPad

Chris Dodkin's gear list:Chris Dodkin's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS 30D +34 more
nomad147
Contributing MemberPosts: 519
Like?

what is the point of this stupid thread? seriously, are they gonna release 10 lenses or 14 lenses on a comment made by a rep at a trade show. why do you waste peoples time with garbage like this, you should be ashamed for posting such drivel and for wasting peoples time. threads like this are a perfect example of why you are considered a troll.

-- hide signature --

wssa member #320PX

rusticus
Contributing MemberPosts: 559Gear list
Like?

I believe Fuji;)
but keep my X100 and X10 with great lenses - 

rusticus's gear list:rusticus's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Pentax K-5
Luke_S
Regular MemberPosts: 128
Like?
In reply to rattymouse, Jan 12, 2013

rattymouse wrote:

(...)

Was he talking about 12 Fujifilm lenses or 12 XF lenses? There's a difference.

-- hide signature --

www.epicure.pl | between the walls and pieces of plastic we breathe

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
In reply to nomad147, Jan 12, 2013

nomad147 wrote:

what is the point of this stupid thread? seriously, are they gonna release 10 lenses or 14 lenses on a comment made by a rep at a trade show. why do you waste peoples time with garbage like this, you should be ashamed for posting such drivel and for wasting peoples time. threads like this are a perfect example of why you are considered a troll.

-- hide signature --

wssa member #320PX

blah blah blah.......

-- hide signature --

rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm FinePix X100 +9 more
aldoc
Forum MemberPosts: 79Gear list
Like?
Minolta released 11 lenses in 1 year, 1985
In reply to rattymouse, Jan 12, 2013

rattymouse wrote:

-- hide signature --

In 1985 MINOLTA released Maxxum 7000AF together with 11 lenses, 2 flashguns and a complete lineup of accessories. (cf WIKIPEDIA).

It remains a mystery to me, that today such a performance seems impossible to replicate. E.g. Nikon has not a halfway full lineup of APS-C primes in 10 years and SONY needed two and a half years for the 11 E-lenses available.

What remains to lift the hat to the engineering and manufacturing masterpiece of MINOLTA.

Alfred

aldoc's gear list:aldoc's gear list
Nikon D300S Nikon D700 Nikon D7100 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 +55 more
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Minolta released 11 lenses in 1 year, 1985
In reply to aldoc, Jan 12, 2013

aldoc wrote:

rattymouse wrote:

-- hide signature --

In 1985 MINOLTA released Maxxum 7000AF together with 11 lenses, 2 flashguns and a complete lineup of accessories. (cf WIKIPEDIA).

It remains a mystery to me, that today such a performance seems impossible to replicate. E.g. Nikon has not a halfway full lineup of APS-C primes in 10 years and SONY needed two and a half years for the 11 E-lenses available.

What remains to lift the hat to the engineering and manufacturing masterpiece of MINOLTA.

Alfred

This was the introduction of AF to the world, was it not?

-- hide signature --

rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm FinePix X100 +9 more
bblam88
New MemberPosts: 20Gear list
Like?
In reply to rattymouse, Jan 13, 2013

All I want is the 23mm f/1.4!!!

bblam88's gear list:bblam88's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90
Photozopia
Senior MemberPosts: 1,302
Like?
In reply to rattymouse, Jan 13, 2013

Liked Chris's idea. Perhaps a more appropriate 'Keep Calm' poster ...

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads