X100s = $1,299. What will X100 price now be?

Started Jan 8, 2013 | Discussions
mikdes26
Regular MemberPosts: 102
Like?
X100s = $1,299. What will X100 price now be?
Jan 8, 2013

Just saying.  It seems like it needs to drop at least a few hundred in order to be unload the remaining stock.

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Photozopia
Senior MemberPosts: 1,302
Like?
Re: X100s = $1,299. What will X100 price now be?
In reply to mikdes26, Jan 8, 2013

mikdes26 wrote:

Just saying. It seems like it needs to drop at least a few hundred in order to be unload the remaining stock.

In the UK, Fuji price is US $ = UK Pounds. So we can assume the X100s to be at least £1300 (the original X100 sold at a premium when first release with some retailers asking £1500 or so)

The current average price of an X100 is around £650 - more or less half the price. Not sure many UK retailers will drop much lower - but rather throw in a few extras to tempt the bargain hunter.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Joel Stern
Forum ProPosts: 10,279Gear list
Like?
Re: X100s = $1,299. What will X100 price now be?
In reply to Photozopia, Jan 8, 2013

The only prices I see for $800 or so are from unknown dealers. The known dealers are all at $1200 for now.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
ScottD1964
Contributing MemberPosts: 897Gear list
Like?
Re: X100s = $1,299. What will X100 price now be?
In reply to mikdes26, Jan 8, 2013

As of this afternoon whenI put in my pre-order at B&H for the X100s, the X100 was still $1199.95 with the X100s at $1299.95.

Scott

 ScottD1964's gear list:ScottD1964's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
mikdes26
Regular MemberPosts: 102
Like?
Re: X100s = $1,299. What will X100 price now be?
In reply to ScottD1964, Jan 8, 2013

ScottD1964 wrote:

As of this afternoon whenI put in my pre-order at B&H for the X100s, the X100 was still $1199.95 with the X100s at $1299.95.

Scott

That ​HAS ​to change if they plan to continue selling the X100.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Photozopia
Senior MemberPosts: 1,302
Like?
Re: X100s = $1,299. What will X100 price now be?
In reply to Joel Stern, Jan 8, 2013

Joel Stern wrote:

The only prices I see for $800 or so are from unknown dealers. The known dealers are all at $1200 for now.

Well $800 dollars is currently about £500 - $1200 about £750 GBP.

Jessops - UK's largest chain of photo stores - £599

Wex Photographic   - New Free delivery £549.00

Park Cameras - New Free delivery £549.00

Bristol Cameras - £549.00

Clifton Cameras - £529.00

All the above are well known bona-fide reputable UK bricks-n-mortar retailers (like with Adorama or B&H) and even lower than my quoted average price point. Looks like the UK got the better prices on real life street/online deals - hence little further discounting.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Stephenbw
Senior MemberPosts: 2,423Gear list
Like?
Re: X100s = $1,299. What will X100 price now be?
In reply to Photozopia, Jan 9, 2013

Photozopia wrote:

mikdes26 wrote:

Just saying. It seems like it needs to drop at least a few hundred in order to be unload the remaining stock.

In the UK, Fuji price is US $ = UK Pounds. So we can assume the X100s to be at least £1300 (the original X100 sold at a premium when first release with some retailers asking £1500 or so)

The current average price of an X100 is around £650 - more or less half the price. Not sure many UK retailers will drop much lower - but rather throw in a few extras to tempt the bargain hunter.

The X100S' UK price is £1,099, due mid February.
Of course this price will drop considerably, just as the X100's did.

-- hide signature --

Stephen

 Stephenbw's gear list:Stephenbw's gear list
Canon PowerShot A620 Canon PowerShot G11 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-T1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
justinj
Junior MemberPosts: 27Gear list
Like?
Re: X100s = $1,299. What will X100 price now be?
In reply to mikdes26, Jan 9, 2013

I'm watching a few X100 listed as brand new on eBay. Cheapest one is sold by bigvalueinc at $852. Never dealt with them before though. A good price. I'm guessing Amazon and Adorama won't go that low ever.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Photozopia
Senior MemberPosts: 1,302
Like?
Re: X100s = $1,299. What will X100 price now be?
In reply to Stephenbw, Jan 9, 2013

Stephenbw wrote:

The X100S' UK price is £1,099, due mid February.
Of course this price will drop considerably, just as the X100's did.

I'll believe it when I see it - as with the original launch, high demand shoved up prices.

In reality, the US $1300 should equate to about £800 ... so Fuji are still exacting a £300 UK premium at £1099. And the original X100 is still retailing for about 50% of that figure, so can't see it dropping much more ...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
mikdes26
Regular MemberPosts: 102
Like?
Re: X100 still $1,199 from reputable sellers in US. n/t
In reply to mikdes26, Jan 9, 2013
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
LaFonte
Senior MemberPosts: 2,651Gear list
Like?
Re: X100s = $1,299. What will X100 price now be?
In reply to Photozopia, Jan 9, 2013

Photozopia wrote:

Stephenbw wrote:

The X100S' UK price is £1,099, due mid February.
Of course this price will drop considerably, just as the X100's did.

I'll believe it when I see it - as with the original launch, high demand shoved up prices.

In reality, the US $1300 should equate to about £800 ... so Fuji are still exacting a £300 UK premium at £1099. And the original X100 is still retailing for about 50% of that figure, so can't see it dropping much more ...

When x100 come out there was nothing like it. The demand was huge. Now with x100s it isn't so and I am not sure about any increased demand at all. In fact i think the x100s will simply quietly replace the x100 in stores - the demand for the X100s would be exactly as it is for x100 now.

 LaFonte's gear list:LaFonte's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
LaFonte
Senior MemberPosts: 2,651Gear list
Like?
Re: X100s = $1,299. What will X100 price now be?
In reply to mikdes26, Jan 9, 2013

mikdes26 wrote:

ScottD1964 wrote:

As of this afternoon whenI put in my pre-order at B&H for the X100s, the X100 was still $1199.95 with the X100s at $1299.95.

Scott

That ​HAS ​to change if they plan to continue selling the X100.

Once x100s is out the price will go down, but no reason to discount it now if there is no x100s anywhere.

 LaFonte's gear list:LaFonte's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
bugeyed
Senior MemberPosts: 1,131
Like?
Re: X100s = $1,299. What will X100 price now be?
In reply to LaFonte, Jan 9, 2013

LaFonte wrote:

When x100 come out there was nothing like it. The demand was huge. Now with x100s it isn't so and I am not sure about any increased demand at all. In fact i think the x100s will simply quietly replace the x100 in stores - the demand for the X100s would be exactly as it is for x100 now.

I agree with LaFonte.

kev

-- hide signature --

I just think that things should work the way I expect them to.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
mr moonlight
Senior MemberPosts: 1,538
Like?
Re: X100s = $1,299. What will X100 price now be?
In reply to LaFonte, Jan 9, 2013

LaFonte wrote:

Photozopia wrote:

Stephenbw wrote:

The X100S' UK price is £1,099, due mid February.
Of course this price will drop considerably, just as the X100's did.

I'll believe it when I see it - as with the original launch, high demand shoved up prices.

In reality, the US $1300 should equate to about £800 ... so Fuji are still exacting a £300 UK premium at £1099. And the original X100 is still retailing for about 50% of that figure, so can't see it dropping much more ...

When x100 come out there was nothing like it. The demand was huge. Now with x100s it isn't so and I am not sure about any increased demand at all. In fact i think the x100s will simply quietly replace the x100 in stores - the demand for the X100s would be exactly as it is for x100 now.

I'm not so sure. A case could also be made that there will be a large number of current X100 owners that plan on upgrading and quite a few potential new owners who have been waiting for V2. The X100 has been out for awhile and a lot of people don't like buying a 2 year old or even 1 year old camera. All the press about the X100 and it's quirks/slow AF probably didn't help it's sales much either. Throw in SAB and even though X100 sales were very good, I think the X100s may be even better.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Tee1up
Regular MemberPosts: 460Gear list
Like?
Re: X100s = $1,299. What will X100 price now be?
In reply to LaFonte, Jan 9, 2013

When x100 come out there was nothing like it. The demand was huge. Now with x100s it isn't so and I am not sure about any increased demand at all. In fact i think the x100s will simply quietly replace the x100 in stores - the demand for the X100s would be exactly as it is for x100 now.

If there has been substantial improvements to AF and MF, I think you could see a run on these along with a bit of a sell-off on x100 models. Looking forward to the reviews either way.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
howardfuhrman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,595
Like?
Re: X100s = $1,299. What will X100 price now be?
In reply to mikdes26, Jan 9, 2013

While I believe that both the X100 and X100S are excellent niche cameras.  I feel if reviews confirm Fuji's claims are correct that AF is now quick and  the improved, higher resolution sensor generates better IQ than the X100 which is already excellent IQ, many current X100 owners will be looking to upgrade plus there will be other buyers who sat on the sidelines because of the X100's sluggish AF concerns.

I believe that price of X100 will decline substantially when the X100S is released. A better, more featured X100S camera will deserve a significant improvement over the camera it is replacing.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Hentaiboy
Regular MemberPosts: 180
Like?
Re: X100s = $1,299. What will X100 price now be?
In reply to mr moonlight, Jan 9, 2013

mr moonlight wrote:

I'm not so sure. A case could also be made that there will be a large number of current X100 owners that plan on upgrading

Based on this thread 80% of current owners say they won't upgrade.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
grapo2001
Forum MemberPosts: 50
Like?
Re: X100s = $1,299. What will X100 price now be?
In reply to Hentaiboy, Jan 9, 2013

The UK price of the X100 is £530 - £550.  I can't see the UK price dropping that much, as stocks won't be that high and dealers will just sell off what they have and not order anymore.

US X100 prices seemed to have remained higher than UK.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
skimble
Senior MemberPosts: 6,173Gear list
Like?
it will be around $1,000.;as long as stock last...
In reply to mikdes26, Jan 9, 2013

no one would pay more when the X100s is on the market.

 skimble's gear list:skimble's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 70D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Photozopia
Senior MemberPosts: 1,302
Like?
Re: X100s = $1,299. What will X100 price now be?
In reply to grapo2001, Jan 9, 2013

grapo2001 wrote:

The UK price of the X100 is £530 - £550. I can't see the UK price dropping that much, as stocks won't be that high and dealers will just sell off what they have and not order anymore.

US X100 prices seemed to have remained higher than UK.

Exactly - the US price structure may have 'somewhere to go' at nearly 1200 bucks. But in UK, prices are, I'd suggest, are as low as they can be ... without dealers losing money.

Major retailers get the news before consumers do (i.e. where most new model 'leaks' come from) ... anyone with any sense is gonna-have run their stocks down previously.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads