Junior MemberPosts: 49Gear list
Like?
Re: Thank You for your sincere apologies
In reply to YouDidntDidYou, Jan 2, 2013

YouDidntDidYou wrote:

itsanewdawn wrote:

YouDidntDidYou wrote:

Quote from Thom Hogan
" What that means long term is that competitors have a chance to blunt the attack. If I’m reading Nikon’s forecasts correctly, it appears as if they think they’ll sell as many of their mirrorless cameras as Olympus or Panasonic within the first six months of its appearance. We’ll see if that’s true. But with a two+ year head start, that’s not what should happen with a truly successful new product category.!"
SCROLL 1/3 OF THE WAY DOWN

http://www.43rumors.com/why-olympus-didnt-succeed-against-nikon-and-canon-thom-hogan/
living life to the Four Thirds!
http://www.YouDidntDidYou.com/blog

That post is from the 16th Sep 2011 not the 23rrd as you stated above also there is no mention of a 50% target anywhere on the page from Thom Hogan . You claimed /lied that Thom Hogan had posted the Nikon 1 was supposed to have 50% market share within 6 months.

Here are the only posts made by Thom Hogan on 43rumors on 23rd September 2011, http://www.43rumors.com/nikon-versus-micro-four-thirds-comparison/ and there is not one mention of this idiotic claim made by Youddidnt . Which frankly isn't a surprise , I wouldn’t trust the posts made on that forum . though this post looks true bottom of the page

http://www.43rumors.com/the-2013-rumorspeculation-roundup/comment-page-1/#comment-261088

-- hide signature --

Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.

Wow you so clever, get yourself a girlfiend, speaking of 23rd september 2011 (15 months ago) from memory I wasn't too far out 7 days, so where would you trust any posts?
You've made a dpreview profile just to troll micro four thirds, get a life....
So did Nikon 1 do as well as predicted?NO.
It's people like you that make me want to refuse to employ nikon photographers, sometimes I get tempted.

-- hide signature --

I reckon that there will not be a stampede of serious photographers Nikon or otherwise rushing to work "for" you, know what I mean. I am a mFT user going back a couple of years now and have the E-M5: love it, which I use mainly for stills and the GH2: also love it, which I use mainly for its awesome video.

I posted due to your continued irrational hatred of other camera makers and Nikon{ which ,I have never owned} in particular also in response to the BS that you posted in this { and other threads}there is no mention of Nikon aiming for 50% of the mirroless market , by Thom Hogan who I doubt posted on the rumor site in the first place. The admin posts on the rumor website are often silly enough; I wouldn’t put a dime’s value on the majority of posts on any of those types of sites.

I have a wife so I best not get a girlfriend , looking at the nonsense you post repeatedly getting a girlfriend hasn’t really worked out for you , now has it .I have not said one negative thing about mFT , in any of my posts .The fact that I have only posted on a few occasions  should provide a good example for you . If you had thought a little before making many of your posts and not bothered you would not look quite so bad.

Y’all take care now

-- hide signature --

itsanewdawn's gear list:itsanewdawn's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-P3 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
YouDidntDidYou
Senior MemberPosts: 1,576
Like?
In reply to itsanewdawn, Jan 2, 2013

I'm absolutely sure it was Thom Hogan who posted on 43 rumors.
I don't hate Nikon because they are doing lots of favours for micro four thirds.
By the way I have a photographer from Baltimore that provides images for me and yes he shoots with 2 Nikons

-- hide signature --

Eamon Hickey
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,137
Like?
no inflated prediction
In reply to MichaelKJ, Jan 2, 2013

MichaelKJ wrote:

Thanks for providing a link to your source. Of course, if Nikon had been able to capture even 1/4 of the mirrorless market by now, I think most people would have considered it a success (regardless of failing to meet an overinflated prediction).

Michael, I know you strive to be civil on these forums, which I admire, but I think you're bending over backwards here. I know most of this is not news to you, so please forgive that I'm attaching this rant to your post.

Nikon may have made an overly optimistic sales projection for the 1 series, but if they did, we will never know about it. Because Nikon the company emphatically did not make any public statements about projected 1-series sales volume, and they won't.

Thom Hogan made what he himself characterized as a loose estimate ("If I'm reading Nikon's forecasts correctly ... it appears as if), based on Nikon's public forecasts of total ILC sales. There was no inside information; no briefing from Nikon, nada.

He made his guess based on taking Nikon's ILC unit sales forecasts (which include all DSLR models and 1-series models lumped together) and subtracting out his own guesses of DSLR sales volume, and without knowing what unannounced cameras Nikon might be including in their forecasts. He is quite clear about how he does his back-of-the-envelope calculations, and that's why he was careful to qualify his statement with the "ifs" and the "appears". His figures are not useless, but they are loose, and they aren't even remotely equivalent to "Nikon says".

Furthermore, he said as many units as "Olympus or Panasonic". Note the "or". It's one or the other, not both combined. And he's also guessing about Olympus and Panasonic sales volume because they don't publicize those numbers either. But roughly speaking, his guess would amount to a market share projection more like 20-25%, at the time Thom wrote that comment.

And then as an aside, the claim was transparently nonsense from the beginning. If Nikon had predicted gaining 50% share in six months in a market they had just entered, it would be roughly equivalent to me claiming I can high jump over a 30 foot bar. Does anybody believe that a $10 billion company that has been a leading camera maker for more than 60 years would actually say, or think, something that stupid? It's ridiculous. Nikon has never had 50% market share in any broad camera category, ever. (Well, maybe underwater cameras, with the old Nikonos, but I'm even skeptical of that.)

Bottom line: we don't know what Nikon's predictions for the 1-series are, or were. They don't tell those secrets. Never have, probably never will. The only thing we do know is that in their annual reports and other financial statements, for which they theoretically bear fiduciary responsibility and potential legal liability, they have characterized 1-series sales as strong. (I don't remember the exact word they used, but it can be found in Nikon's last annual report.) That's pretty loose, too, but at least it's an official statement, and Nikon could theoretically be sued for lying in those statements.

However, I agree that they will likely fail, or become a small niche product, but I also think that a failure of the 1 will force Nikon to bring out a different mirrorless camera.

Two things:

1) I'd be amazed if Nikon doesn't already have plans for other (i.e. additional) mirrorless systems (and, I guess, since I am often provided with advanced NDA information from camera companies, I should state for the record that that statement is based purely on my guess; I have no inside information from Nikon on that question.)

2) The vast majority of the camera market is made up of non-enthusiasts -- people who use cameras to make memories, not serious images. In the mid 1990s, when the total U.S. market for 35mm cameras was in the neighborhood of 25 million units per year, Kodak alone sold 70-80 million plastic, single-use cameras for $9.95 every year.

By far the single most popular consumer digital camera in the world today is the iPhone.

If you are in the business of trying to make and sell cameras, you have to understand what those facts, and others like them, tell you about the spectrum of camera customers. The 1-series is not designed for people on these forums.

nzmacro
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,991Gear list
Like?
Ahhh yep :-)
In reply to Eamon Hickey, Jan 2, 2013

Eamon Hickey wrote:

nzmacro wrote:

I'm actually just shocked that Nikon said they would have 50% of the market. Very strange for a company like Nikon to stab at something like that.

It would be shocking if Nikon had said something that dumb. But they never did. Can't believe everything you read from anonymous posters on the Internet.

If you're doubtful, ask him to cite his source -- that is, provide a link, so we can read it, and judge, for ourselves. There is no source.

LOL

I'm a little more crafty than that and I already knew that Nikon would never predict that. I've been on DPR a very long time LOL. I just like to squeeze it slowly out of them. Its more fun to watch 

All the best.

Danny.

-- hide signature --
itsanewdawn
Junior MemberPosts: 49Gear list
Like?
In reply to YouDidntDidYou, Jan 2, 2013

YouDidntDidYou wrote:

I'm absolutely sure it was Thom Hogan who posted on 43 rumors.
I don't hate Nikon because they are doing lots of favours for micro four thirds.
By the way I have a photographer from Baltimore that provides images for me and yes he shoots with 2 Nikons

-- hide signature --

Well lord knows you sure do need someone to provide images for you. You posted a lie, you posted a link proving you lied as well as proving you are a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

According to CIPA the best source of data we have ,only 42% of new interchangeable cameras shipped in Japan last year were mirrorless, and that includes all mirrorless so assuming that mFT was responsible for 50.2 % [ Olympus 28.8 + Panasonic 21.4% ].That makes an overall interchangeable camera market share for Olympus of 12.09%  and Panasonic of 8.9% bearing in mind this is in Japan the most successful market by far for mFT. Here in the USA mFT hardly registers, not one mFT camera in the top 150 selling digital cameras of all types. I reckon mFT here will be lucky if it hits 5% of the total market

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_hi_3?rh=n%3A172282%2Cn%3A!493964%2Cn%3A502394%2Cn%3A281052&ie=UTF8&qid=1357157866

Before you start your BS Amazon is the largest online electronics retailer in the world, with sales in the multiple millions so a very reasonable resource for rough data. I don’t give a damn what cameras are selling as long as mFT survives it’s not the best image quality; it does not have anywhere near enough quality lenses and accessories, yet!. It is the best for me unlike you I have enough sense to understand that not everyone wants small, some want very best C-AF, some want high resolution, some want shallow DOF , some want the very best image quality . I understand and accept this for me mFT is good enough, good enough cameras, good enough lenses and certainly good enough image quality for me.

You attack the 1 system constantly, fact is it has made money for Nikon, a trick Olympus and Panasonic could learn from.

-- hide signature --

itsanewdawn's gear list:itsanewdawn's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-P3 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8
MichaelKJ
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,075Gear list
Like?
Re: no inflated prediction
In reply to Eamon Hickey, Jan 2, 2013

Eamon Hickey wrote:

MichaelKJ wrote:

Thanks for providing a link to your source. Of course, if Nikon had been able to capture even 1/4 of the mirrorless market by now, I think most people would have considered it a success (regardless of failing to meet an overinflated prediction).

Michael, I know you strive to be civil on these forums, which I admire, but I think you're bending over backwards here. I know most of this is not news to you, so please forgive that I'm attaching this rant to your post.

Guilty as charged

In the past, I've engaged in several back and forths with YDDY. This is the first time he has replied many requests for documentation, so I was feeling somewhat conciliatory. Although he denies disliking Nikon, he has repeatedly criticized them here and on 43rumors. He also has an intense dislike for Thom Hogan and is probably the reason why Thom has essentially stopped posting on 43rumors.

Nikon may have made an overly optimistic sales projection for the 1 series, but if they did, we will never know about it. Because Nikon the company emphatically did not make any public statements about projected 1-series sales volume, and they won't.

Thom Hogan made what he himself characterized as a loose estimate ("If I'm reading Nikon's forecasts correctly ... it appears as if), based on Nikon's public forecasts of total ILC sales. There was no inside information; no briefing from Nikon, nada.

He made his guess based on taking Nikon's ILC unit sales forecasts (which include all DSLR models and 1-series models lumped together) and subtracting out his own guesses of DSLR sales volume, and without knowing what unannounced cameras Nikon might be including in their forecasts. He is quite clear about how he does his back-of-the-envelope calculations, and that's why he was careful to qualify his statement with the "ifs" and the "appears". His figures are not useless, but they are loose, and they aren't even remotely equivalent to "Nikon says".

Furthermore, he said as many units as "Olympus or Panasonic". Note the "or". It's one or the other, not both combined. And he's also guessing about Olympus and Panasonic sales volume because they don't publicize those numbers either. But roughly speaking, his guess would amount to a market share projection more like 20-25%, at the time Thom wrote that comment.

And then as an aside, the claim was transparently nonsense from the beginning. If Nikon had predicted gaining 50% share in six months in a market they had just entered, it would be roughly equivalent to me claiming I can high jump over a 30 foot bar. Does anybody believe that a $10 billion company that has been a leading camera maker for more than 60 years would actually say, or think, something that stupid? It's ridiculous. Nikon has never had 50% market share in any broad camera category, ever. (Well, maybe underwater cameras, with the old Nikonos, but I'm even skeptical of that.)

Bottom line: we don't know what Nikon's predictions for the 1-series are, or were. They don't tell those secrets. Never have, probably never will. The only thing we do know is that in their annual reports and other financial statements, for which they theoretically bear fiduciary responsibility and potential legal liability, they have characterized 1-series sales as strong. (I don't remember the exact word they used, but it can be found in Nikon's last annual report.) That's pretty loose, too, but at least it's an official statement, and Nikon could theoretically be sued for lying in those statements.

Although sales of the 1-series may have been strong, the heavy recent discounting suggests Nikon overestimated sales and that the 1s may not be profitable at this point.

However, I agree that they will likely fail, or become a small niche product, but I also think that a failure of the 1 will force Nikon to bring out a different mirrorless camera.

Two things:

1) I'd be amazed if Nikon doesn't already have plans for other (i.e. additional) mirrorless systems (and, I guess, since I am often provided with advanced NDA information from camera companies, I should state for the record that that statement is based purely on my guess; I have no inside information from Nikon on that question.)

I agree.

2) The vast majority of the camera market is made up of non-enthusiasts -- people who use cameras to make memories, not serious images. In the mid 1990s, when the total U.S. market for 35mm cameras was in the neighborhood of 25 million units per year, Kodak alone sold 70-80 million plastic, single-use cameras for $9.95 every year.

By far the single most popular consumer digital camera in the world today is the iPhone.

If you are in the business of trying to make and sell cameras, you have to understand what those facts, and others like them, tell you about the spectrum of camera customers. The 1-series is not designed for people on these forums.

I'm not sure about that. Nikon advertises the 1-series here and the DPR just posted V2 samples. In commenting on this camera they noted that The V2 is a significantly different camera from its predecessor, offering much more enthusiast-friendly ergonomics and a new 14MP sensor.

MichaelKJ's gear list:MichaelKJ's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
Just Posted
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Re: Best selling mirrorless cameras in Japan for 2012
In reply to MichaelKJ, Jan 2, 2013

how can a person expect to get any straight answers about some of the cameras used without msileading biased remarks?

Like What is the point of this sales post? This seems a little on adollesent side, are there any proffesionals in here or is this just a select group of sales people from olympus?

looking at  the top selling mirrorless cameras online global sales like top selling mirrorless cameras at amazon and Oly is no where near the top: 1 Pentax, 2 Nex 3,4,5 Lumix, 6 Nikon, 78 Nex, 9 Nikon, 10 Fuji (as of today)

By the logic presented here does that mean I shouldn't buy a Oly 4/3?

I want to ask some specific things about firmware and IQ with large print sizes and foccusing but it makes you wonder if this is unbias user info from former P&S users or what?

Thanks,

Al

Just Having Fun
Senior MemberPosts: 3,869
Like?
about Thom
In reply to Eamon Hickey, Jan 3, 2013

Thom always implies that he has access to sales numbers that are not available to the general public, and this is why he never states specifics and never gives too much detail.  For example, he mentioned "wait until Dec. 15th to buy a D600"  weeks before it happened, and he was exactly right.  The price dropped about $600 on the same day he mentioned (and I saved a ton of money )

My guess is he really does have a lot more access than we do and so we are left to "read between the lines".   If he "implies" something, there is a reason and it may be he is legally not allowed to give the specifics.

YouDidntDidYou
Like?
In reply to MichaelKJ, Jan 3, 2013

Couple points:

I don't have a intense dislike of Thom Hogan, he's actually changed his tune over the last 12 months... No more Olympus fire sale price articles or bleating how canikon's offerings were gonna sweep Olympus et all away....Hhe's also been recently posting on 43rumors he said he was gonna stop because it was too time consuming.

I have provided supporting links many times before....but I have 3 businesses to run and enjoy spending time with my kids most things can be googled.

If you look at my comments from September 2011 on 43 rumors most have come true (pages 269-280)

What's the future for Nikon 1 in 2013?

-- hide signature --

TheMimbo
New MemberPosts: 20
Like?
Re: Please think before you post.
In reply to YouDidntDidYou, Jan 3, 2013

YouDidntDidYou wrote:

On the main Nikon 1 group on flickr there is a thread"what influenced you to buy your Nikon 1?" All the replies in the last 6 weeks state low price which I think doesn't bode well for for 2013 and the J2 and the V2, they will have to really push the boat out with the S1 and J3

I am one of those, the low price was a factor as I wasn't sure. Most folks judged the camera due to the sensor size. Most who purchased fell in love with the unit after owning the V1. After using it myself, it was a treat and I plan to further purchase the Nikon 1 system in the future. In addition to the Panasonic mind you.

MichaelKJ
Like?
Re: about Thom
In reply to Just Having Fun, Jan 3, 2013

Just Having Fun wrote:

Thom always implies that he has access to sales numbers that are not available to the general public, and this is why he never states specifics and never gives too much detail. For example, he mentioned "wait until Dec. 15th to buy a D600" weeks before it happened, and he was exactly right. The price dropped about $600 on the same day he mentioned (and I saved a ton of money )

My guess is he really does have a lot more access than we do and so we are left to "read between the lines". If he "implies" something, there is a reason and it may be he is legally not allowed to give the specifics.

I think you are correct. My impression from what Thom has written is that Nikon has paid him for his consulting services.  There is a reason why he is a respected and successful professional.

YouDidntDidYou
Like?
actually something interesting from nikon
Eamon Hickey
Like?
wasn't implying anything about Thom

MichaelKJ wrote:

Just Having Fun wrote:

Thom always implies that he has access to sales numbers that are not available to the general public, and this is why he never states specifics and never gives too much detail. For example, he mentioned "wait until Dec. 15th to buy a D600" weeks before it happened, and he was exactly right. The price dropped about $600 on the same day he mentioned (and I saved a ton of money )

My guess is he really does have a lot more access than we do and so we are left to "read between the lines". If he "implies" something, there is a reason and it may be he is legally not allowed to give the specifics.

I think you are correct. My impression from what Thom has written is that Nikon has paid him for his consulting services. There is a reason why he is a respected and successful professional.

I wasn't implying that Thom isn't respected and professional, and I think he does a pretty good job, overall, of analyzing the market information that's available, which I think is a real service to photo consumers who read him. I guess I should say that I don't need to be filled in on his qualifications -- I first "met" him in 1999 when I edited an article that he wrote for a digital photography magazine where I worked, and he and I had many discussions via these forums over the years. He also has pretty good contacts with some U.S. retail camera dealers and they seem to often pass on to him information that they have (which is quite limited, but can include things like short-term advance notice of upcoming rebates in the U.S. etc.) They also, unfortunately, pass on to him many of their prejudices and myths about Nikon and other camera companies.

But I don't think Thom says that he has any inside relationship with Nikon or any other camera company -- I can't speak for him, but I think he prefers it that way, since it gives him freedom to voice his unvarnished opinions without worrying about having his access cut off. He did do one presentation for Nikon, I believe, a few years ago.

In any case, I can tell you with absolute certainty -- and I base this on my 8 years working for Nikon and my 12 years covering the camera industry for many well-known publications during which I've signed hundreds of non-disclosure agreements and participated in scores of "secret" briefings -- that no camera company divulges real information about sales numbers, or sales projections, or its own internal marketing data, other than the very high-level figures that are published in financial reports and by CIPA. At least not in English to non-Japanese journalists. What exactly is revealed to Japanese journalists and, more importantly, to Japanese equities analysts is a question I'm not as sure about. Some interesting information gets reported in the Japanese business press occasionally, such as estimated profit margins by type of camera and proportions of pro vs. consumer unit sales etc.

illy
Forum ProPosts: 12,160Gear list
Like?
Re: actually something interesting from nikon
In reply to YouDidntDidYou, Jan 3, 2013

YouDidntDidYou wrote:

http://nikonrumors.com/2013/01/02/nikons-patent-for-a-hybrid-semi-transparent-lcd-screen.aspx/

that's either going to be fantastic or terrible, i see no middle ground for that idea

-- hide signature --

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

illy's gear list:illy's gear list
Nikon D200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +4 more
Eamon Hickey
Like?

MichaelKJ wrote:

Although sales of the 1-series may have been strong, the heavy recent discounting suggests Nikon overestimated sales and that the 1s may not be profitable at this point.

Could definitely be true. Their comments about strong sales are now about 9 months old, and sales rates can easily go in the dumper in that amount of time. That said, much of the discounting of cameras that we've seen in the past few months in the U.S. is purely a function of the yen losing 10% of its value against the dollar since August. That means cameras can be sold at retail in the U.S. for about 12-15% lower prices and still retain the same profit margins.

I'm not sure about that. Nikon advertises the 1-series here and the DPR just posted V2 samples. In commenting on this camera they noted that The V2 is a significantly different camera from its predecessor, offering much more enthusiast-friendly ergonomics and a new 14MP sensor.

Good point. I should have qualified my statement to the first two 1-series models. It looks like Nikon is expanding the breadth of the 1-series line -- i.e. trying to appeal to a wider chunk of the consumer spectrum. I'm guessing we'll also see a smaller, simpler model that tries to expand the spectrum in the other direction.

But still, I'd be very surprised if Nikon believes the 1-series can cover the upper end of the potential mirrorless camera market. As I said, I'm guessing they have additional plans.

MichaelKJ
Like?
Re: wasn't implying anything about Thom
In reply to Eamon Hickey, Jan 3, 2013

Eamon Hickey wrote:

MichaelKJ wrote:

Just Having Fun wrote:

I think you are correct. My impression from what Thom has written is that Nikon has paid him for his consulting services. There is a reason why he is a respected and successful professional.

I wasn't implying that Thom isn't respected and professional, and I think he does a pretty good job, overall, of analyzing the market information that's available, which I think is a real service to photo consumers who read him. I guess I should say that I don't need to be filled in on his qualifications -- I first "met" him in 1999 when I edited an article that he wrote for a digital photography magazine where I worked, and he and I had many discussions via these forums over the years. He also has pretty good contacts with some U.S. retail camera dealers and they seem to often pass on to him information that they have (which is quite limited, but can include things like short-term advance notice of upcoming rebates in the U.S. etc.) They also, unfortunately, pass on to him many of their prejudices and myths about Nikon and other camera companies.

But I don't think Thom says that he has any inside relationship with Nikon or any other camera company -- I can't speak for him, but I think he prefers it that way, since it gives him freedom to voice his unvarnished opinions without worrying about having his access cut off. He did do one presentation for Nikon, I believe, a few years ago.

In any case, I can tell you with absolute certainty -- and I base this on my 8 years working for Nikon and my 12 years covering the camera industry for many well-known publications during which I've signed hundreds of non-disclosure agreements and participated in scores of "secret" briefings -- that no camera company divulges real information about sales numbers, or sales projections, or its own internal marketing data, other than the very high-level figures that are published in financial reports and by CIPA. At least not in English to non-Japanese journalists. What exactly is revealed to Japanese journalists and, more importantly, to Japanese equities analysts is a question I'm not as sure about. Some interesting information gets reported in the Japanese business press occasionally, such as estimated profit margins by type of camera and proportions of pro vs. consumer unit sales etc.

I apologize if you thought I was implying that you were criticizing Thom.  I was simply agreeing with you which is why I said I think you are correct.  In hindsight, I should have made it clear that my comments were intended to both agree with your positive opinion of Thom and to refute the irrational comments about him that YDDY has made on other threads.

naththo
Regular MemberPosts: 266Gear list
Like?
Re: Best selling mirrorless cameras in Japan for 2012
In reply to Just Posted, Jan 20, 2013

Just Posted wrote:

how can a person expect to get any straight answers about some of the cameras used without msileading biased remarks?

Like What is the point of this sales post? This seems a little on adollesent side, are there any proffesionals in here or is this just a select group of sales people from olympus?

looking at the top selling mirrorless cameras online global sales like top selling mirrorless cameras at amazon and Oly is no where near the top: 1 Pentax, 2 Nex 3,4,5 Lumix, 6 Nikon, 78 Nex, 9 Nikon, 10 Fuji (as of today)

By the logic presented here does that mean I shouldn't buy a Oly 4/3?

I want to ask some specific things about firmware and IQ with large print sizes and foccusing but it makes you wonder if this is unbias user info from former P&S users or what?

Thanks,

Al

Goodbye MaxISO!

naththo's gear list:naththo's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 DN +4 more
naththo
Regular MemberPosts: 266Gear list
Like?
Re: What is really suprising is Sony....
In reply to tedolf, Jan 20, 2013

Hi,

For Sony Nex system you can buy original Sony ALPHA to NEX Adapter for those Alpha lens. Or you can buy Adapter from Metabone to use other lens like Canon, Lieca, so on. There are Carl Ziess and Sigma available for Nex without adapter needed. And the Sony sensor is larger area than Olympus. But that doesn't always mean it is better than Olympus four third sensor though. I saw some nice photos of Olympus which shows very good IQ to it. So it pretty much tells me that Olympus 4/3rd quality still decent enough to me. It still way better than tiny compact digital camera sensor. Nothing much difference in quality really. Still what it shows is that Olympus 4/3rd camera teaming up with Panasonic will still have plenty of lens available. So they are very popular now to date.

naththo's gear list:naththo's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 DN +4 more
Rambalac
Regular MemberPosts: 322Gear list
Like?
Re: Please think before you post.
In reply to micronean, Jan 20, 2013

Canon M is unusable, it's slower than most of PS cameras almost in all aspects and especially in AF

Rambalac's gear list:Rambalac's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
YouDidntDidYou
Like?
In reply to MichaelKJ, Jan 20, 2013

Criticising is NOT the same as hating, if you feel I hate Nikon provide links....

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads