Yellow K-01 + 40mm lens for US $316.

Started Dec 29, 2012 | Discussions
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 26,003
Like?
Yellow K-01 + 40mm lens for US $316.
Dec 29, 2012

Yellow K-01 + 40mm lens for US $316 at Amazon.com. It shows out of stock right now but you can add it to your cart and they will ship when it comes in.

Pentax K-01 16MP APS-C CMOS Compact System Camera Kit with DA 40mm Lens (Yellow)

This is the very best deal I have ever seen. Basically you are getting the lens for free.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Pentax K-01
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
stillsnap
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
Re: Yellow K-01 + 40mm lens for US $316.
In reply to brandrx, Dec 29, 2012

I almost bought one at Adrorama but found the link and ordered a yellow one too.  Exciting this is my first upgrade since I got the Ist DL so I am looking forward to trying my mostly manual lenses out.

Regards

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
EArenz
Regular MemberPosts: 433
Like?
In reply to stillsnap, Dec 29, 2012

Ron, thanks for posting this, pretty amazing.  Wonder if it's a mistake.

brandrx
Like?
EArenz...
In reply to EArenz, Dec 29, 2012

EArenz wrote:

Ron, thanks for posting this, pretty amazing. Wonder if it's a mistake.

I don't know if it's a mistake or not but I decided that, for the price I can give one as a gift. So, I just now placed my order.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Jim Beverlin
Senior MemberPosts: 2,334
Like?
Re: EArenz...

brandrx wrote:

EArenz wrote:

I don't know if it's a mistake or not but I decided that, for the price I can give one as a gift. So, I just now placed my order.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

I doubt it is a mistake.  I have had some ventures with items purchased through Amazon and they have always made the situtation right.  I would not have any concerns.  The K-01 is certainly no mistake.  In all the years I have been in photography this is the best deal I have run into.  I paid $399.95 through Adorama back in November and I though that was a "steal".

-- hide signature --

JRB

McSpin
Regular MemberPosts: 323
Like?

I just received my second k-01 yesterday.  At that price, I seriously wondering if I should return my newly acquired white one, for a yellow one with free lens.  Decisions....

anthony mazzeri
Senior MemberPosts: 1,752
Like?
In reply to McSpin, Dec 29, 2012

McSpin wrote:

I just received my second k-01 yesterday. At that price, I seriously wondering if I should return my newly acquired white one, for a yellow one with free lens. Decisions....

You can assume it's an error when it's actually less than the body-only price, which is $331.47 (discounted down from $349.95)

The K-01 with 40mm is still roughly $440 on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=pentax+k-01

And lookit there - "#1 Best Seller in Compact System Cameras"

And so it is, congratulations Pentax Ricoh - the yellow K-01 with 40mm is #1 is perched atop the best sellers list on Amazon, ahead of the white Nikon J1 with two kit zooms in second place (also another 'runout model'):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/electronics/3109924011?ref=sr_bs_1

Thom Hogan wrote an article about just such a thing the other week. Five of the top ten selling cameras in Japan for the last month/quarter or somesuch were non-current models selling at a discount. Pointing to a sea-change in the camera market where at least half (so far) of all consumers becoming savvy enough now because the cameras are all good enough to just wait for the new model with minor tweaks to be released to pick up the current model for a better bargain. How long before the other half cotton too?

Good for consumers, but bad for camera companies in terms of lost revenue and/or profits.

rogerstpierre
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,517Gear list
Like?
Sigh.... :-(

$646 at Amazon Canada !

-- hide signature --

Roger

rogerstpierre's gear list:rogerstpierre's gear list
Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax Optio 33WR Samsung TL500 Pentax K10D Pentax K-01 +18 more
Carl Bernhardt
Regular MemberPosts: 190
Like?

I ordered a black/silver K-01 body only from Crutchfield this morning for $255.  A deal hard to ignore.  Now I can send my K5 for repairing the Lens release button (I was holding it in with duct tape).  I hope I get my K5 back in time for my Iceland trip in mid-March.

-- hide signature --

Carl A. Bernhardt

McSpin
Like?
In reply to anthony mazzeri, Dec 29, 2012

anthony mazzeri wrote:

You can assume it's an error when it's actually less than the body-only price, which is $331.47 (discounted down from $349.95)

Well, I guess I'll find out, since I just ordered it and was charged the lower amount.

someuy
Regular MemberPosts: 172
Like?
Re: Sigh.... :-(
In reply to rogerstpierre, Dec 29, 2012

rogerstpierre wrote:

$646 at Amazon Canada !

-- hide signature --

Roger

Actually cheaper at several stores in Canada: $399 for the kit,

http://www.photoprice.ca/product/03845/Pentax-K-01-with-40mm-Kit-price.html

I was in Leo's in Vancouver yesterday and they had them discounted, and any London Drugs in Canada will price match.

Pete

rogerstpierre
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,517Gear list
Like?
$299.95 deal In Canada... :-)
In reply to someuy, Dec 29, 2012

someuy wrote:

rogerstpierre wrote:

$646 at Amazon Canada !

-- hide signature --

Roger

Actually cheaper at several stores in Canada: $399 for the kit,

http://www.photoprice.ca/product/03845/Pentax-K-01-with-40mm-Kit-price.html

I was in Leo's in Vancouver yesterday and they had them discounted, and any London Drugs in Canada will price match.

Pete

Just pulled the trigger at McBain in Edmonton, K-01 Black Body on sale for $299.95.  Like many others, I jumped on the band wagon ... and get the 2 yrs Canadian Warranty !

http://www.mcbaincamera.com/productdetail.php?mcbain_id=0270630

-- hide signature --

Roger

rogerstpierre's gear list:rogerstpierre's gear list
Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax Optio 33WR Samsung TL500 Pentax K10D Pentax K-01 +18 more
EArenz
Like?

brandrx wrote:

EArenz wrote:

Cheers. Ron

I ordered 2, don't ask why.  Heck the lens alone sells for around $250.  BTW, don't forget about the added 2 year $20 Pentax warranty.  Adorama & B&H both have it.

Regards/Ed

t.messenger
Regular MemberPosts: 104Gear list
Like?
In reply to EArenz, Dec 31, 2012

Amazon has sent me an update on the expected deliver time for my order so this sale is not a mistake, get them while you can.

Tim

McSpin
Like?
In reply to t.messenger, Dec 31, 2012

Ditto for me.  I can't believe at this price that they haven't sold out already.

EArenz
Like?

t.messenger wrote:

Amazon has sent me an update on the expected deliver time for my order so this sale is not a mistake, get them while you can.

Tim

I also received a delivery estimate this morning:

Delivery estimate: January 17, 2013 - February 7, 2013

Wonder if they're doing a new manufacturing run

Seriously, is the warehouse at Scott base and the tide is out...

I'm nor complaining, just wondering out loud.

Ed

t.messenger
Regular MemberPosts: 104Gear list
Like?
In reply to EArenz, Dec 31, 2012

I don't believe they could make money with a new run at this price, after amazon gets their cut Pentax would only be making what $225 per kit or less ?  This is old stock being sold out when it's gone it's gone IMO.

EArenz wrote:

Ed

leopold
Forum ProPosts: 12,773Gear list
Like?
Re: $299.95 deal In Canada... :-)
In reply to rogerstpierre, Dec 31, 2012
 leopold's gear list:leopold's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
anthony mazzeri
Senior MemberPosts: 1,752
Like?

t.messenger wrote:

I don't believe they could make money with a new run at this price, after amazon gets their cut Pentax would only be making what $225 per kit or less ? This is old stock being sold out when it's gone it's gone IMO.

EArenz wrote:

Ed

I know what the catch is now - on Jan 18 the price will drop to $250 and you'll all be cursing yourselves for not waiting!

Okay, let's get this deal straight - the DA 40mm XS lens alone is still selling on Amazon for $252.29 (9 left in stock):

http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-DA-40mm-F2-8mm-XS/dp/B0078KOEMA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1356981240&sr=8-2&keywords=pentax+da+40mm+xs

So at $316.95 for the camera plus the lens kit, means the K-01 body itself is... $64.66

Is that right? That can't be right? Is that right and it's $65 for a brand new K-01?? That's just not right, is it?

NB. If you click the actual product link in your Amazon basket/order, it takes you to the full price of $439, so there must be a glitch somehow.

brandrx
Like?
Anthony, try this link instead.
In reply to anthony mazzeri, Dec 31, 2012

anthony mazzeri wrote:

t.messenger wrote:

I don't believe they could make money with a new run at this price, after amazon gets their cut Pentax would only be making what $225 per kit or less ? This is old stock being sold out when it's gone it's gone IMO.

EArenz wrote:

Ed

I know what the catch is now - on Jan 18 the price will drop to $250 and you'll all be cursing yourselves for not waiting!

Okay, let's get this deal straight - the DA 40mm XS lens alone is still selling on Amazon for $252.29 (9 left in stock):

http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-DA-40mm-F2-8mm-XS/dp/B0078KOEMA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1356981240&sr=8-2&keywords=pentax+da+40mm+xs

So at $316.95 for the camera plus the lens kit, means the K-01 body itself is... $64.66

Is that right? That can't be right? Is that right and it's $65 for a brand new K-01?? That's just not right, is it?

NB. If you click the actual product link in your Amazon basket/order, it takes you to the full price of $439, so there must be a glitch somehow.

Here you go Anthony, try this link.

Pentax K-01 with DA 40mm lens

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads