Fuji 23mm F1.4 Len

Started Dec 24, 2012 | Discussions
George Paulides
Contributing MemberPosts: 873
Like?
Fuji 23mm F1.4 Len
Dec 24, 2012

I may have missed this but does anyone have a idea of what the estimated price point will be for the upcoming Fuji 23mm F1.4 lens?

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Fuji 23mm F1.4 Len
In reply to George Paulides, Dec 24, 2012

George Paulides wrote:

I may have missed this but does anyone have a idea of what the estimated price point will be for the upcoming Fuji 23mm F1.4 lens?

I dont know any details but just from past experience I cant see this lens being any cheaper than the 35mm f/1.4 and there is a good chance it could be a tad more expensive.

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
George Paulides
Like?
In reply to rattymouse, Dec 24, 2012

rattymouse wrote:

George Paulides wrote:

I dont know any details but just from past experience I cant see this lens being any cheaper than the 35mm f/1.4 and there is a good chance it could be a tad more expensive.

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

I would agree it will be more expensive. Question how much more. I was looking at 35mm but may wait for the 23mm even if it is slightly more expensive.

Davidgilmour
Senior MemberPosts: 1,111Gear list
Like?

George Paulides wrote:

My bet woud be $799, but wouldn't it be cool if Fuji would release it for $499 or $599?

Davidgilmour's gear list:Davidgilmour's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro
rjx
rjx
Contributing MemberPosts: 743Gear list
Like?
I hope the focusing ring isn't...

As smooth as the 18mm.

It's such a small lens that it's super easy to accidently touch the focusing ring while holding the lens in manual mode, taking you from in focus, to out of focus with the slightest touch. Or it would be sweet to have a lock, to keep the focus ring in place. The rubber band trick helps the 18mm though.

rjx's gear list:rjx's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
Computer Controlled
Regular MemberPosts: 295Gear list
Like?

I'm really looking fwd to this lens.  Having a fast ass 35mm lens appeals to me.  I got so used to the X100, that 50mm has gotten a bit long for me.  I'm still getting used to it =o]  So the sooner this lens comes out the better!  I'm expecting it hit the streets at $700-$800. A bit pricey, but we gotta pay to play i guess =o]

Computer Controlled's gear list:Computer Controlled's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton +2 more
Bmat
Regular MemberPosts: 303
Like?

I just want it to be internal focusing, and of they speed of the 18-55. I'm tired of missing shots because te 35 hunts.

-- hide signature --

Brian. Too much stuff; not enough stuff.

Austin101
Senior MemberPosts: 1,410
Like?
In reply to George Paulides, Dec 25, 2012

George Paulides wrote:

at a guess closer to double the price of the 18 or 35 lenses but with better build quality

umbalito
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
In reply to Austin101, Dec 26, 2012

Anyone have any info on whether the 23 will have a DOF scale like the 14mm?

I seem to recall reading something like that when the roadmap was announced, though looking at pics of the mock-ups, it seems it won't have any.

shigzeo ?
Senior MemberPosts: 1,016Gear list
Like?
In reply to rattymouse, Dec 26, 2012

rattymouse wrote:

George Paulides wrote:

-- hide signature --

Most assuredly correct. Super-speed wide angles are generally quite expensive. The equivalent FOV 1,4 35~ sensor lenses are extremely expensive, often reaching over 1000$ and sometimes more (zeiss and Leica) even for ancient designs.

Fuji won't charge as much as those two, but this lens may push close to 1000$. At least, I'd not be surprised if it did.

shigzeo ?'s gear list:shigzeo ?'s gear list
Nikon D200 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Sony Alpha 7R +6 more
Jonathan Robson
Contributing MemberPosts: 843Gear list
Like?
In reply to umbalito, 11 months ago

Did you ever get an answer to this question? I'd be interested also.

-- hide signature --

'When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in
to the sea.' - Eric Cantona
http://bornred.net

Jonathan Robson's gear list:Jonathan Robson's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Nikon 1 V1 Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 +17 more
pers1
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
In reply to Jonathan Robson, 11 months ago

How anybody could answer this question? We don't even know when exactly the lens will be available... Of course we can speculate but why should we?

George Paulides
Like?
In reply to pers1, 11 months ago

pers1 wrote:

How anybody could answer this question? We don't even know when exactly the lens will be available... Of course we can speculate but why should we?

Of course no one will knows until Fuji advises but my original question relates more to what the "rumored" ballpark pricing would be.

kcamacho11
Senior MemberPosts: 1,358
Like?
In reply to George Paulides, 9 months ago

George Paulides wrote:

The wider the more expensive.

If the 35mm F1.4 is $599, I would assume the 23mm F1.4 will be at least $799...and that's being optimistic. Look at the prices for the Nikon/Canon versions of the 24mm F1.4 .

ballwin12
Regular MemberPosts: 234Gear list
Like?
In reply to George Paulides, 9 months ago

George Paulides wrote:

I read somewhere I can't recall, but it's about $US 800-900 ( under $1000)

Twice more expensive than what I paid for 35 1.4 ? I think i keep my 35mm which is better deal, although I like 23mm focal range more.

ballwin12's gear list:ballwin12's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D600 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads