Zeiss 24mm hood model#/price

Started Dec 19, 2012 | Discussions
Randaddy
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Zeiss 24mm hood model#/price
Dec 19, 2012

EDIT: Found a model# ALC-SH114. Can anyone confirm that it's orderable through Sony?

Philip Corlis
Contributing MemberPosts: 805Gear list
Like?
Re: Zeiss 24mm hood model#/price
In reply to Randaddy, Dec 20, 2012

Apparently the stock number you found is the Zeiss stock number. I found a reference to the Sony internal stock number which is claimed to be 429139201.

Good Luck!

-- hide signature --

Phil
www.PhilCorlis.com
www.FindingBritain.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
citadel712
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
In reply to Philip Corlis, Dec 20, 2012

Sorry for the stupid question, but is this orderable through their website? Or do I have to call on the phone? Somehow my hood came apart. It's almost like the outer hood was just glued onto the mounting bracket.

TonyCu
Regular MemberPosts: 115Gear list
Like?
In reply to citadel712, Dec 20, 2012

citadel712 wrote:

It's almost like the outer hood was just glued onto the mounting bracket.

It was! Mine also fell apart last week. I assume they will replace it under guarantee? Or I might just stick it back on. They should have made it one piece in good quality plastic.

I think there was an earlier thread about this.

-- hide signature --

TonyC

TonyCu's gear list:TonyCu's gear list
Epson Stylus Photo R2880
Randaddy
Like?
In reply to citadel712, Dec 20, 2012

Hey guys some good and bad news!

Good news: The hood is available through Sony directly and is in stock if you want to order.

Here is the website for Sony Parts and Accessories, click camera accessories, then search for part# 429139201 in the text box on the top right of the screen. The product page references ALC-SH114.

Bad news: The hood costs $131.60 Ouch.

Alphamale77
Regular MemberPosts: 240Gear list
Like?
In reply to Randaddy, Dec 20, 2012

WHAT???? that's crazy price for that junk....only sony lens have these creepy two part hoods that falls apart with loosen glue.

same happened to 16-35 z lens, guess the price for that one $99.99, i googled and decided to glue it back on myself....

i can't believe this crap..

Alphamale77's gear list:Alphamale77's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM +6 more
Randaddy
Like?
In reply to Alphamale77, Dec 20, 2012

Alphamale77 wrote:

WHAT???? that's crazy price for that junk....only sony lens have these creepy two part hoods that falls apart with loosen glue.

same happened to 16-35 z lens, guess the price for that one $99.99, i googled and decided to glue it back on myself....

i can't believe this crap..

What kind of glue did you end up using? Any ill effects to the plastic of the hood or finish of the lens?

BTW, Big ups to B&H. I received a 9+ rated used Zeiss and it was exactly as described, mint condition and came with all the original packaging/case/paperwork - except they sent me the incorrect hood. Everything was straightened out within 24 hours of me receiving the lens. Replacement hood has been ordered through Sony (B&H does not stock this particular item) and B&H kindly refunded me the difference.

I can't wait to give this lens a go soon!

TonyCu
Regular MemberPosts: 115Gear list
Like?
In reply to Randaddy, Dec 21, 2012

Randaddy wrote:

Bad news: The hood costs $131.60 Ouch.

But have they redesigned it? They can't seriously be selling the two part lens hood that falls apart after 3 months for that price. I had only used my lens three times when the band fell off.

-- hide signature --

TonyC

TonyCu's gear list:TonyCu's gear list
Epson Stylus Photo R2880
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads