Panasonic FZ 200 Noise

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions
Mikedigi
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,434Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic FZ 200 Noise
In reply to dm2, Dec 15, 2012

I thought that there was so much Noise that this thread would go on for ever . . . ?  

Mike

Mikedigi's gear list:Mikedigi's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
rayman 2
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,208
Like?
In reply to Mikedigi, Dec 15, 2012

Mikedigi wrote:

I thought that there was so much Noise that this thread would go on for ever . . . ?

Mike

The camera actually has less noise then other cameras with sensors of this size IF and yes here comes the if you use it with raw and  a decent raw converter.....

I sujest you use Lightroom 4.3.... thats at the moment the easiest and best way to

use the FZ-200.......

Leice know that and for the sister - model the V-lux 4 they ship it with Lightroom 4.3......

Batch processing even jpegs is much more efficient and much faster that way....

Peter

Mikedigi
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,434Gear list
Like?
In reply to rayman 2, Dec 15, 2012

rayman 2 wrote:

Mikedigi wrote:

Mike

The camera actually has less noise then other cameras with sensors of this size . . . . .

Thanks, but here, I was just joking. I already wrote, above, that the noise is unlikely to frighten me.

When I get the FZ200 I'll likely be shooting mostly JPEGs and doing any PP needed with FastStone, Picasa and Noiseware Community, as I've been doing with the FZ8 and FZ38.

I'm here because it has been an amusing thread.

Mike

Mikedigi's gear list:Mikedigi's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Geka
Forum MemberPosts: 79Gear list
Like?
In reply to rayman 2, Dec 16, 2012

Do you think Aperture (Apple) will do the job (noise reduction) as good as Lightroom ?

Geka's gear list:Geka's gear list
Apple Aperture
mackey1001
Contributing MemberPosts: 883
Like?
In a word, no. I love using Aperture, but use other tools for NR (PSE w/ Topaz) (NT)
In reply to Geka, Dec 16, 2012
mackey1001
Contributing MemberPosts: 883
Like?
my fz200 has more noise than my fz150, BUT with fast lens I get more keepers with my fz200! (NT)
In reply to Donald B, Dec 16, 2012

Donald B wrote:

dm2 wrote:

I've been reading the reviews for the camera and they all mention a level of noise higher than the comparable competition - but better than the FZ 150. I'm coming from the FZ 150 and am wondering for those that own the 200, do you really notice a high/higher level of noise? It has not been an issue for me with the FZ 150.

Thanks!

Daniel

i dont know what reviws your reading but none of them say that the noise is less than the fz150 the 150 wins hands down in that department. a friend has both and the pic quality is better on the 150 no questions. the 150 is fast becomming more valuable for that reason and very hard to get.

cheers don

-- hide signature --

another year has gone, just cleared my 200 gallery images will start all over again, thanks to everyone that took the time to look.

Ronomy
Senior MemberPosts: 2,614Gear list
Like?
Re: my fz200 has more noise than my fz150, BUT with fast lens I get more keepers with my fz200! (NT)
In reply to mackey1001, Dec 16, 2012

The images I have seen of the FZ150 I have compared to my FZ200 set to -2 NR and sharp look to have the same amount of noise.  Even the test reviews I have seen look similar between the two.  Panasonic NR and sharpness are too high at the defaults on the FZ200 so you see people post these images and they look noisy when pixel peeping.  At least that's what I see comparing my pictures.  Both are good cameras!

Ronomy's gear list:Ronomy's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads