Fuji Rumors

Started Dec 13, 2012 | Discussions
TThorne
Senior MemberPosts: 2,347
Like?
Fuji Rumors
Dec 13, 2012

There is a rumor about an announcement coming in January, and already the rumor site has people posting XP2 and even XE2. I highly doubt it on the XP2, but the XE2 is just flat out ridiculous and funny. There are some ideas though that make sense, ranging from the mild, lens roadmap announcements, to the wild but still perhaps plausible, X200, maybe as an X-Trans, Maybe full frame to compete with the Sony...

I think the idea I would most like to see is a new flash with HSS/FP mode, and the power/swivel/tilt of the EF-42. After that I'd really like to see Fuji get on with releasing the 23mm and the 55-200, as well as the 27mm for all you pancake lovers.

I also hope the announcement to release gap isn't a mile wide.

Thoughts?

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

Fujifilm X20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Photozopia
Senior MemberPosts: 1,302
Like?
Re: Fuji Rumors
In reply to TThorne, Dec 13, 2012

Thought the 14mm release date was the January (update upon info) announcement? Not so?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Joel Stern
Forum ProPosts: 10,142Gear list
Like?
In reply to Photozopia, Dec 13, 2012

Unlike many the XE1 will more than likely be my last APS-C digital camera...thank you very much

mr moonlight
Senior MemberPosts: 1,503
Like?
In reply to Joel Stern, Dec 13, 2012

XP2 or XE2? That's just craziness. Both cameras practically just came out. Now an X200, that's a possibility, although I wouldn't be surprised if they waited another year for that. It's not a new camera by any means, but it still hasn't hit the 2 year mark yet. I rather they wait another year and make it a better camera.

Mr Gadget
Senior MemberPosts: 1,667
Like?

As the article mentioned, I think, it will probably be a bunch of point and shoots and perhaps a lens or two.

-- hide signature --

Conrad --------------------------------------------------- Show Low, Arizona

mngsmt
Regular MemberPosts: 293
Like?

TThorne wrote:

... the wild but still perhaps plausible, X200, maybe as an X-Trans, Maybe full frame to compete with the Sony...

Why not? There's a lot to improve/change for an X200. New sensor (probably X-Trans), Q-menu, better EVF, faster AF, get rid of the RAW button and other interface changes, an even brighter lens etc. ...

Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,348Gear list
Like?

A full frame XF-Pro1 body is not impossible. I asked about this at Photoplus show in October and Fuji reps said that 'there is some talk'. At anyrate, I'll cut my teeth with fuji with my brand new XE1.

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Photozopia
Senior MemberPosts: 1,302
Like?

f11 mag http://www.f11magazine.com/site/current.html (page 16) says it's a new X100 with Xtrans sensor ...

Betting odds anyone .... ?

MuMinded
Senior MemberPosts: 1,938
Like?
All I want for Xmas
In reply to TThorne, Dec 14, 2012

...is a X200..

I'm doing my best not to click the "buy" button on a X100..     As soon as this announcement comes out I will either buy the X200 if it looks to be a winner, or a I will scoop up a X100 at what I hope is a lower cost...    Either way I win!

MuMinded

RichMack
Forum MemberPosts: 67Gear list
Like?
Re: All I want for Xmas
In reply to MuMinded, Dec 14, 2012

Agreed.  I had an X100 for a little while, but it felt like it was a bit rough around the edges despite the beautiful images.  Hoping an X200 is more polished--  it would complement my Nikon 1 V1 nicely.

-- hide signature --

Rich

RichMack's gear list:RichMack's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +3 more
Pelex
Regular MemberPosts: 120
Like?
Re: All I want for Xmas
In reply to RichMack, Dec 14, 2012

I can imagine an X200 with a souped-up hybrid viewfinder...via the newer EVF featured in the X-E1.

Perhaps an even faster refresh rate would help motion lag?

Faster AF and better MF would certainly be welcome, as well as a Q menu button.

If it is the X-Trans sensor, I'm hoping for better support in 2013!

Computer Controlled
Regular MemberPosts: 296Gear list
Like?
In reply to TThorne, Dec 14, 2012

I just hope it's the 23mm f1.4 lens =o]

Computer Controlled's gear list:Computer Controlled's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton +2 more
Davidgilmour
Senior MemberPosts: 1,124Gear list
Like?
In reply to Computer Controlled, Dec 15, 2012

Computer Controlled wrote:

I just hope it's the 23mm f1.4 lens =o]

It probably is. But it will be attached to a camera

Davidgilmour's gear list:Davidgilmour's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads