Nudes with a friend

Started Dec 8, 2012 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Ubiquity99 Regular Member • Posts: 138
Nudes with a friend

Canon 7D, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II @ 70mm, 2 Einsteins with a 60" Soft Box and a 30" Gridded Beauty Dish

Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Suntan Veteran Member • Posts: 5,637
Re: Nudes with a friend

I'm ok with the missing hand, but clipping off the hair at the edge of the picture is really annoying.

That said, the lighting offers a very nice play of shadows across the body.

-Suntan

Suntan's gear list:Suntan's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Nikon D300 Nikon D750
RaymondR
RaymondR Senior Member • Posts: 2,201

any particular reason you cropped off her one hand?  I like it but would have preferred her hand and some of her hair had not be cropped

-- hide signature --

RaymondR

RaymondR's gear list:RaymondR's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +4 more
Ubiquity99 OP Regular Member • Posts: 138

Yeh, the cropping bothered me too. I was shooting in her living room and hadn't brought any shorter lenses with me so I couldn't get any wider.

Alandprev Regular Member • Posts: 143

Super mode, lovely lighting. How much pp have you done and how?

Clyde Coman Contributing Member • Posts: 816

None of friends would ever let me take nudes. Nice job.

Clyde Coman's gear list:Clyde Coman's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1

[Edited by moderator, at the request of the poster, to remove the embedded image.]

Suntan Veteran Member • Posts: 5,637

Any particular reason for leaving the earings in and having the heavy eye makeup? They look somewhat out of place on the otherwise bare form.

-Suntan

Suntan's gear list:Suntan's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Nikon D300 Nikon D750
RaymondR
RaymondR Senior Member • Posts: 2,201

best of grouping so far. the last one you posted (the full frontal) seems to be wandering out of the area of "artistic" if you take my meaning.

-- hide signature --

RaymondR

RaymondR's gear list:RaymondR's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +4 more
sthlm Regular Member • Posts: 136

I like this one and the eye makeup is ok on it but for the frontal ones I would have her take the makeup off.

sthlm's gear list:sthlm's gear list
Nikon D600 Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +1 more
lumigraphics Senior Member • Posts: 1,837

These are ok but nothing special, the lighting is boring, the model doesn't know how to pose, and there is no real energy. The eye makeup is not needed and distracting. If you have limited space, shoot bodyscapes or pose the model differently.

I'd give this set a C- at best. Look for some way to make your work memorable instead of blah. Think dramatic art, not naked friend.

69chevy Senior Member • Posts: 1,617

Just curious, does she know you post these online?

69chevy's gear list:69chevy's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM +1 more
Sunset Contributing Member • Posts: 521

Nicely done.

#2 and #4 are best.  Good variation in poses.  No two are the same.  The model is nude, not naked, and she seems quite healthy. Good lighting.  Good flesh tones.  It is good to have friends.

Miwok
Miwok Contributing Member • Posts: 615

Sunset wrote:

Nicely done.

#2 and #4 are best. Good variation in poses. No two are the same. The model is nude, not naked, and she seems quite healthy. Good lighting. Good flesh tones. It is good to have friends.

Hum... On the last one, she look pretty naked to me. I like the #3 (but the framing would have need more attention maybe)

Miwok's gear list:Miwok's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony a6000 Sigma 19mm F2.8 DN | A Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A
ZionImage Regular Member • Posts: 330

I like the forms and poses for what you posted.  Other than the cropping issues others have commented, I found some of her expressions took away from the very nice photos.  Good to have a friend like her for just a wonderful good body and face.  I would make her my regular model to practice all kinds of shoots.

-- hide signature --

Just trying to improve my draft one image at a time

ZionImage's gear list:ZionImage's gear list
Nikon D810
Clyde Coman Contributing Member • Posts: 816

None of my friends would ever pose nude for me.   So how does that work for you and your friend.  She wants nudes taken and you said i have a camera ?

Clyde Coman's gear list:Clyde Coman's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1
kenyee Senior Member • Posts: 1,513
wish hand weren't clipped

I think this is the strongest image.

I need friends like yours

She'd be awesome for bodyscapes...

kenyee's gear list:kenyee's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads