all the parts finally arrived :)

Started Nov 28, 2012 | Discussions
miked3
Forum MemberPosts: 50
Like?
all the parts finally arrived :)
Nov 28, 2012

Love it so far. Upgraded from S95. Manual lens is fun to use.

Canon PowerShot S95 NEX5R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
RDMPhotos
Regular MemberPosts: 224Gear list
Like?
Re: all the parts finally arrived :)
In reply to miked3, Nov 28, 2012

Very sexy looking.

Personally I don't like to use any camera without and EVF or hot shoe, and can not be without an EVF for manual lenses ,  but I still like the looks of this .

-- hide signature --

Dan

RDMPhotos's gear list:RDMPhotos's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
pmow
Contributing MemberPosts: 766Gear list
Like?
In reply to RDMPhotos, Nov 28, 2012

I wish you could configure the EVF to be MF assist and the LCD to be normal view.  Sigh.

pmow's gear list:pmow's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +3 more
Kalabalik
Junior MemberPosts: 27Gear list
Like?
In reply to pmow, Nov 28, 2012

What lens and adapter do you have on there?

Kalabalik's gear list:Kalabalik's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS
capt bob
Senior MemberPosts: 1,506Gear list
Like?
In reply to RDMPhotos, Nov 28, 2012

Can you give a rundown on what you have their lens / adaptor  specifics

I am a rookie and trying to learn  and a Manual lens would keep me working on that.

Very nice looking setup as said  "sexy"

capt bob's gear list:capt bob's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99 Sony a6000 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tamron SP AF 180mm F/3.5 Di LD (IF) Macro +22 more
Puddleglum
Regular MemberPosts: 257
Like?
In reply to capt bob, Nov 28, 2012

Looks like Hawk's M to NEX adaptor and a Minolta M-Rokkor 40mm f/2.

miked3
Forum MemberPosts: 50
Like?
In reply to Puddleglum, Nov 29, 2012

Puddleglum got it right. I love the hawk adapter because it extends the focus range down to about 12". And the lens is incredible. This is my first interchangeable lens camera, and I had no idea what a difference lens could make. The sharpness and...I dont know, "quality" of the images I get vs. the 16mm Sony is incredible.

The manual lens is great on this camera. It allows manual shutter and aperture, but auto iso, a combination not possible with the Sony lenses. I actually find it much faster to adjust aperture using the ring on the lens than thru the menu with an auto lens.

I highly recommend the camera and other parts as well. Like others have said, the touch screen is not good. I've deactivated it. Other than that I find the control layout great and you can customize the fn button extensively.

I also like that it has in-camera charging, because you can still buy a wall charger for the battery (I already have), and have the convenience of charging from your laptop. When traveling, the fewer items to carry, the better.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/miked3/

Only the most recent 2 are with NEX, and both with the 16mm.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads