Mack Warranty and PC Nation (How they will treat you in a pinch.)

Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions
olindacat
Regular MemberPosts: 197Gear list
Like?
Conclusions
In reply to olindacat, Dec 29, 2012

Sorry for the slow reply, as my computer is boxed and I want nothing to do with it for a couple of weeks!
The upshot on MACK:
You buy this 'non-warranty' that isn't insurance, yet they do insure in a weird way. They will say they 'have to get an insurance carrier to approve repairs' and in the same sentence say it isn't insurance! Must be a liability thing....Bottom line: you break your camera and it gets replaced. Sort of....

In Mack's world: the terms coverage, warranty, insurance, contract, etc. are used interchangibly and there are certain things a customer should be advised of before they buy into this:
1. If your camera is 'toast' they will replace with a 'refurbished model' that only has a 90-day non-transferrable warranty and thus, you don't get an apple for an apple.
2. They drop you as a customer at this point claiming that all obligations have been fulfilled.
3. This devalues your purchase as you lose your $200+ dollar warranty, you lose transferability of camera warranty, you lose nine months (75%) of your new camera coverage.
4. You lose the three years of Mack coverage you paid for.
So, you buy this and in a total loss you get a refurb that has reduced warranty coverage and resale value is lower -- but they do deliver.
It isn't exactly Allstate. But, it is a kind of poor man's insurance. I'll never sell the 800E anyway so I'll live. The new serial number is a mystery and no cover letter or anything. Feels hot, although I'm sure it's not.
So: while I am glad to have a replacement body, I would have preferred to have just gotten my money and bought a new one from Pearl (an option only Mack will exercise, but they do stipulate it as an 'option').

In terms of expediting faster 'in a pinch', not a fair test as they had Sandy hit them.

olindacat's gear list:olindacat's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
olindacat
Regular MemberPosts: 197Gear list
Like?
Bottom line:
In reply to olindacat, Dec 29, 2012

Go to Allstate.

olindacat's gear list:olindacat's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +3 more
MackWarranty
Junior MemberPosts: 30
Like?
Re: Bottom line:
In reply to olindacat, Mar 4, 2013

Hi!  My name is Desiree and I am the Customer Experience Supervisor for Mack Worldwide Warranty.  I would like to thank those customers who voiced their positive thoughts and their experiences with Mack.  We work hard to deliver quality service in the most efficient manner.

Thank you again,

Desiree

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads