Flooding at Stratford-Upon-Avon, UK

Started Nov 25, 2012 | Discussions
Aborigene
Regular MemberPosts: 185
Like?
Flooding at Stratford-Upon-Avon, UK
Nov 25, 2012

Hi all,

I have recently been to Stratford-upon-avon UK to take some shoots of the flooded and the experience has been fascinating. Firstly, the river took over part of the city and to take the photos I wanted, you had to step into the water (freezing) using long boots. All careful was possibly taken and I manage to survive! But after two ours walking there it was starting not be funny any more, specially because i wasn't feeling two finger on my feet!

But It was worth it and went and in the afternoon I headed to a very old windmill near by.

The session was organized by Russ Barnes, very famous landscape photographer in UK.

more photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/vhmoura

Thanks all.

larrymull
Regular MemberPosts: 141
Like?
Re: Flooding at Stratford-Upon-Avon, UK
In reply to Aborigene, Nov 25, 2012

Excellent!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
ahmami
Senior MemberPosts: 1,371
Like?
In reply to Aborigene, Nov 25, 2012

Looks quite bad, was it just overflowing into the banks or also onto the side streets?

-- hide signature --
Aborigene
Regular MemberPosts: 185
Like?
In reply to ahmami, Nov 26, 2012

overflowed the banks till i was there and the rain got heavier when I left

capturef22
Senior MemberPosts: 2,218
Like?
Making the best of a bad situation
In reply to Aborigene, Nov 26, 2012

Sometimes situations arise that are challenging or downright unfortunate for those involved but present fantastic photographic opportunities. Clearly, this was the case in your circumstances. Your photographs are beautiful--nice, clean simple compositions enhanced be reflections in the floodwaters or the presence of water where it's not typically expected.

Well done--thanks for posting.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads