Started Nov 25, 2012 | Discussions
taius
Regular MemberPosts: 213
Like?
Re: GH3 EVF smearing?
In reply to ralphthomas, Dec 8, 2012

ralphthomas wrote:

I agree with ianbrown.

The EVF of the GH3 is fuzzy towards the edges. Never had that problem with the GH2 (or a Sony a55 and a35, which I owned for a short time). It is like looking through a cheap magnifying glass, sharp in the center, but somewhat off at the sides. Especially if you haven't got it perfectly centered in front of your eye.

I wear strong glasses all the time, but never had a problem like this before. Basically with the GH3 I cannot say for sure, if the focus is where I want it. I have to trust the camera, which I know I can (pictures are absolutely fine so far). The rest of the camera is great, but the EVF givs a bit of an indirect feeling while shooting. For me, anyway.

Ralph

after all the comments, it's gotta be that you are wearing glasses. anyone without glasses having problems? As I said, I do not wear glasses when I shoot with the camera and the EVF is far superior to the GH2

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
amtberg
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,386
Like?
In reply to taius, Dec 8, 2012

taius wrote:

ralphthomas wrote:

I agree with ianbrown.

The EVF of the GH3 is fuzzy towards the edges. Never had that problem with the GH2 (or a Sony a55 and a35, which I owned for a short time). It is like looking through a cheap magnifying glass, sharp in the center, but somewhat off at the sides. Especially if you haven't got it perfectly centered in front of your eye.

I wear strong glasses all the time, but never had a problem like this before. Basically with the GH3 I cannot say for sure, if the focus is where I want it. I have to trust the camera, which I know I can (pictures are absolutely fine so far). The rest of the camera is great, but the EVF givs a bit of an indirect feeling while shooting. For me, anyway.

Ralph

after all the comments, it's gotta be that you are wearing glasses. anyone without glasses having problems? As I said, I do not wear glasses when I shoot with the camera and the EVF is far superior to the GH2

No, I wear strong glasses and have no problem with the EVF -- or at least no problem that I didn't also have with the GH2.

Zoeff
Regular MemberPosts: 141
Like?
In reply to amtberg, Dec 8, 2012

Reporting the same observations here. The OLED is nice yes, but everything else feels like a downgrade the GH2 viewfinder. Rotating my eyeball towards the corners of the viewfinder gives me a fuzzy image, with everything streaking out from the center. I have to move my whole eyesocket to the left of the viewfinder to see a sharp image in the right corners.

Even in the center it's not as sharp as the GH2 which I guess is because it's using an RGB pixel layout rather than displaying RGB in sequence on each pixel.

Also, is it just me or is the apparent size of the viewfinder smaller than in the GH2?

A Girard
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,197Gear list
Like?
Sharp as a tack here.
In reply to ianbrown, Dec 8, 2012

NO problem at all.

A Girard's gear list:A Girard's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nik Color Efex Pro
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads