Happy with my EX2

Started Nov 25, 2012 | Discussions
Ysarex
Regular MemberPosts: 490
Like?
Happy with my EX2
Nov 25, 2012

I've pretty well adjusted to the switch form my EX1 to EX2 and I'm very pleased with the results. Here's a couple closeup floral shots from my walks in the past week. I even took one at ISO 200 and found the result quite acceptable.

Joe

Ornamental Pear.

Bush Honeysuckle (An evil invasive species -- this stuff just won't die! Got it in one of our gardens.)

Crab Apple.

Wild Clematis gone to seed.

Samsung TL500 (EX1)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
brianj
Forum ProPosts: 12,483Gear list
Like?
Re: Happy with my EX2
In reply to Ysarex, Nov 25, 2012

Ysarex wrote:

I've pretty well adjusted to the switch form my EX1 to EX2 and I'm very pleased with the results. Here's a couple closeup floral shots from my walks in the past week. I even took one at ISO 200 and found the result quite acceptable.

ush Honeysuckle (An evil invasive species -- this stuff just won't die! Got it in one of our gardens.)

Thanks for the feedback, they all look very good.

I think if I upgrade I will be looking for a model that is smaller, mainly in thickness, and maybe a bit lighter, and with a bit more zoom.  The only one that fits the bill so far is the canon S110.

Brian

brianj's gear list:brianj's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
KimberlyC
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,078Gear list
Like?
In reply to Ysarex, Nov 26, 2012

Very nice photos.

KimberlyC's gear list:KimberlyC's gear list
Samsung EX2F Olympus XZ-2 iHS Nikon D70s Nikon D7000 Samsung NX200 +1 more
RMW487
Contributing MemberPosts: 907Gear list
Like?
In reply to Ysarex, Nov 26, 2012

Ysarex wrote:

Joe

Ornamental Pear.

Bush Honeysuckle (An evil invasive species -- this stuff just won't die! Got it in one of our gardens.)

Crab Apple.

Wild Clematis gone to seed.

EX2 dose have a slight increase in picture quality compared to EX1. My only wish would be smaller, slimmer and more compact EX2. So for now I'll stick with my pocket bulging EX1.  Like your posted pictures very much, well done.

RMW487.

RMW487's gear list:RMW487's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V1 Nikon D40 Nikon D300
marcg60
Junior MemberPosts: 49Gear list
Like?
In reply to brianj, Nov 26, 2012

brianj wrote:

Ysarex wrote:

ush Honeysuckle (An evil invasive species -- this stuff just won't die! Got it in one of our gardens.)

Thanks for the feedback, they all look very good.

I think if I upgrade I will be looking for a model that is smaller, mainly in thickness, and maybe a bit lighter, and with a bit more zoom. The only one that fits the bill so far is the canon S110.

Brian

I bought this weekend on ebay for this reasons the tl350. The same very good picture quality and manuals, but much lighter and less bulky.

marcg60's gear list:marcg60's gear list
Sony SLT-A58
Ysarex
Regular MemberPosts: 490
Like?
In reply to RMW487, Nov 27, 2012

RMW487 wrote:

Ysarex wrote:

Joe

EX2 dose have a slight increase in picture quality compared to EX1. My only wish would be smaller, slimmer and more compact EX2. So for now I'll stick with my pocket bulging EX1. Like your posted pictures very much, well done.

RMW487.

Thanks, I wanted a pocket camera too. I started years ago with shirt pocket Sonys and Panasonics and eventually found the Samsung TL350 (WB2000). I'd ruled out the EX1 as too big because the lens didn't retract. My new TL350 however was defective. After 90 days of service hell I sat down at the computer and devoted a day to digging up real email addresses of top Samsung Execs. I sent out about 10 emails and got a hit. US director of customer service apologized and sent me an EX1 consolation prize. I fell in love with it. When it was stolen a year later I ordered a new one the next day. Now I have an EX2 and I wish it were smaller but I wouldn't trade it for any other compact camera.

Enjoy your EX1.

Joe

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads