Lightroom 4 on sale for $100 in US

Started Nov 22, 2012 | Discussions
MikeFromMesa
Senior MemberPosts: 2,849
Like?
Lightroom 4 on sale for $100 in US
Nov 22, 2012

Amazon is currently selling the full version of Lightroom 4 for $99.99, either the disc or the download version. I don't know if this sale is all day, all week or only for a short period of time.

Stiliketheblues
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
Re: Lightroom 4 on sale for $100 in US
In reply to MikeFromMesa, Nov 22, 2012

This is great!

I was about to make a purchase. It was listed for 4-5$$ more a few hours ago.

I would want to know if the dics will allow one to install both a PC as well as a mac install or just one or the other? I would love to be able to play with this on my Macbooks pro as well as PC.

If not then downloading makes more sense with probable backup on the Cloud.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
MikeFromMesa
Like?
In reply to Stiliketheblues, Nov 22, 2012

Stiliketheblues wrote:

I would want to know if the dics will allow one to install both a PC as well as a mac install or just one or the other? I would love to be able to play with this on my Macbooks pro as well as PC.

The Adobe license, as I understand it, allows for software installation on 2 machines although only one can be in use at any time. The idea of both a Windows and a Mac installation is interesting. I  would like to know what, if anything, you find out about  this.

miketuthill
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,020Gear list
Like?

I have it installed on my Mac on both the OSX partition and the Windows 7 bootcamp partition.  The serial number is cross platform.

miketuthill's gear list:miketuthill's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED VR +7 more
Skip
Senior MemberPosts: 1,798Gear list
Like?

Check out B&H too. 99 plus a dvd.

Skip's gear list:Skip's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Nikon D200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Sony a77 II
Robert Schoner
Contributing MemberPosts: 964
Like?
Re: Does LR4 Run Slow ?

Hi,

I've been thinking about LR since IDImager has changed their practice. But, I've seen some criticism that LR 4 runs slow. Some say it slows down the more you use it (Maybe as the size of the data base grows?).  Any experience with this problem ?  BTW I have a core2duo 2.13GHz and 4GB RAM.

Thanks,

Bob Schoner

MikeFromMesa
Like?
In reply to Robert Schoner, Nov 22, 2012

Robert Schoner wrote:

Hi,

I've been thinking about LR since IDImager has changed their practice. But, I've seen some criticism that LR 4 runs slow. Some say it slows down the more you use it (Maybe as the size of the data base grows?). Any experience with this problem ? BTW I have a core2duo 2.13GHz and 4GB RAM.

Thanks,

Bob Schoner

I have not seen that but I am not sure my experience is germane for you. I use a laptop to do all of my photo processing, but it has an i7 chip with 4 cores, 8GB of RAM and a dedicated graphics card.

For me LR4 ran about the same as LR3. In fact I was so happy with LR3 that I would not be updating except I need LR4 to process my RAW files. LR3 will no longer convert them as the ACR raw update for my camera only lasted until LR4 came out and then stopped working.

You can, of course, download and install the trial and see how that runs on your system. It won't tell you much about how it will run in 6 months, but it is better than nothing.

Jimmy C
Regular MemberPosts: 459Gear list
Like?

B&H Photo and Staples currently have the price reduced to $99.00 w/ free shipping (USA).  As an additional kicker, they are offering:

• Free Item Included:
  • Kelby Training DVD: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Crash Course $49.99 Value

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/845955-REG/Adobe_65165061_Photoshop_Lightroom_4_Software.html

I also found Staples has their prices reduced as well until 11/24/2012.

http://www.staples.com/Adobe-Photoshop-Lightroom-4/product_470939?cid=PS:GS:SBD:SP:B:17:15652:adobe_photoshop_lightroom_4

Jimmy C's gear list:Jimmy C's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM | C +1 more
MikeFromMesa
Like?
In reply to Jimmy C, Nov 23, 2012

I ordered the LR4 upgrade the other day from B&H ($70 before the sale) and it came with the training DVD also although I have no  idea if it (the training DVD) is any good or not. I have been using LR3 for about a year and feel pretty comfortable with it but I assume there is always something new to learn.

Unfortunately there does not seem to be a sale on the upgrade, only on the full product.

Stiliketheblues
Like?
In reply to Robert Schoner, Nov 23, 2012

Robert Schoner wrote:

Hi,

I've been thinking about LR since IDImager has changed their practice. But, I've seen some criticism that LR 4 runs slow. Some say it slows down the more you use it (Maybe as the size of the data base grows?). Any experience with this problem ? BTW I have a core2duo 2.13GHz and 4GB RAM.

Thanks,

Bob Schoner

Bob,

I had read similar reports after the initial release but apparently they fixed the bugs. I only have the word of an Adobe official.

You might want to up your RAM to 8gigs since its so cheap now for an instant upgrade and to be safe.

Regards

Kaul.

Stiliketheblues
Like?
In reply to Stiliketheblues, Nov 23, 2012

LR4 for $75 on Amazon right now... lightening deal!

MikeFromMesa
Like?
In reply to Stiliketheblues, Nov 23, 2012

Hah! That is cheaper than the upgrade which is $79. And I just bought the upgrade. Figures!

RedFox88
Forum ProPosts: 22,039Gear list
Like?
now $79
In reply to MikeFromMesa, Nov 23, 2012

I saw a few minutes ago the price is now down to $79 for full version download only

Robert Schoner
Contributing MemberPosts: 964
Like?
Re: now $79
In reply to RedFox88, Nov 23, 2012

Hi,

Just went for it. Now you can get boxed version fpr $79.99 with free shipping.

Bob Schoner

SenorLoco
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Re: now $79
In reply to Robert Schoner, Nov 24, 2012

$79 at newegg.com as well.  I'm glad I didn't order this a few days ago

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads