XE1 black body in stock in the US? (other than Amazon)

Started Nov 20, 2012 | Discussions
pghrugger
Junior MemberPosts: 30
Like?
XE1 black body in stock in the US? (other than Amazon)
Nov 20, 2012

Anyone know where I can pick up a black XE1 body in the US other than Amazon? Jerks decided to start collecting sales tax for orders shipped to PA.

Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
arhmatic
Junior MemberPosts: 26Gear list
Like?
Re: XE1 black body in stock in the US? (other than Amazon)
In reply to pghrugger, Nov 20, 2012

pghrugger wrote:

Anyone know where I can pick up a black XE1 body in the US other than Amazon? Jerks decided to start collecting sales tax for orders shipped to PA.

Jerks decided to collect sales tax for orders shipped to CA. Just now, after over a dozen orders places with them over the years...

arhmatic's gear list:arhmatic's gear list
Leica M Typ 240
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
songeun7
Contributing MemberPosts: 527Gear list
Like?

Pro Photo in Portland, Oregon has the black body in stock. There is no sales tax in OR so they probably won't charge you the sales tax.

songeun7's gear list:songeun7's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Fujifilm X100S Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM +3 more
pghrugger
Like?
In reply to songeun7, Nov 20, 2012

songeun7 wrote:

Pro Photo in Portland, Oregon has the black body in stock. There is no sales tax in OR so they probably won't charge you the sales tax.

Thanks for the tip, just sent them an email.

Photo-Wiz
Senior MemberPosts: 1,580Gear list
Like?
In reply to arhmatic, Nov 20, 2012

arhmatic wrote:

pghrugger wrote:

Jerks decided to collect sales tax for orders shipped to CA. Just now, after over a dozen orders places with them over the years...

You can refer to them as jerks, but those sale and use taxes pay for the local services in your community such as building and repairing roads, fire department, police department, education etc.   Even when the sale tax is not charged by an out of state store, some of us report the purchase on our tax return and pay the required Use Tax.

Photo-Wiz's gear list:Photo-Wiz's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1
pghrugger
Like?
In reply to Photo-Wiz, Nov 20, 2012

Photo-Wiz wrote:

arhmatic wrote:

pghrugger wrote:

You can refer to them as jerks, but those sale and use taxes pay for the local services in your community such as building and repairing roads, fire department, police department, education etc. Even when the sale tax is not charged by an out of state store, some of us report the purchase on our tax return and pay the required Use Tax.

Complaint filed.

jcharding
Senior MemberPosts: 2,041Gear list
Like?

I'm curious as to why you thought that was worthy of a complaint.

-- hide signature --
 jcharding's gear list:jcharding's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake +11 more
arhmatic
Junior MemberPosts: 26Gear list
Like?
In reply to Photo-Wiz, Nov 20, 2012

Photo-Wiz wrote:

arhmatic wrote:

pghrugger wrote:

You can refer to them as jerks, but those sale and use taxes pay for the local services in your community such as building and repairing roads, fire department, police department, education etc. Even when the sale tax is not charged by an out of state store, some of us report the purchase on our tax return and pay the required Use Tax.

While I agree and have no problem paying sales tax, I find it hard to understand Amazon's random decision add sales tax on this particular sale ONLY.

This is an item sold by the same old Amazon, same Amazon who sold me numerous items before and after my X-E1 pre-order, not a third party seller located who knows where.

Someone please enlighten me.

arhmatic's gear list:arhmatic's gear list
Leica M Typ 240
jcharding
Senior MemberPosts: 2,041Gear list
Like?

When a business has a physical presence within a state that business is required to charge state sales tax for internet transactions.

-- hide signature --
 jcharding's gear list:jcharding's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake +11 more
pghrugger
Like?
In reply to jcharding, Nov 20, 2012

jcharding wrote:

I'm curious as to why you thought that was worthy of a complaint.

-- hide signature --

Because people on this forum feel the need to troll needlessly with their off topic opinions and it's beyond annoying.

I picked up a black XE1 from Pro Photo, very nice people to deal with. Thanks songeun7!

PJInTheUSA
Regular MemberPosts: 208
Like?

Amazon now charge sales tax on all taxable items shipped to PA. They started in September because they now have a physical presence in PA.

Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,385Gear list
Like?
In reply to PJInTheUSA, Nov 20, 2012

PJInTheUSA wrote:

Amazon now charge sales tax on all taxable items shipped to PA. They started in September because they now have a physical presence in PA.

That's exactly how it works, a physical presence. I live in NJ and Adorama has a warehouse there for the past 5 years so now if I order from them tax is included. As a result I work exclusively with B&H and Amazon. I also like Cameta  camera in NY which has a strong eBay presence but I don't think they carry Fuji but plenty of nikon demo gear.

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Vic Chapman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,237Gear list
Like?

Complaint filed.

Petty and small-minded. No doubt you feel better.

As for off-topic - this forum is for discussing equipment and pictures not the politics of USA state taxation.

-- hide signature --

The sky is full of holes that let the rain get in, the holes are very small - that's why the rain is thin.
Spike Milligan

Vic Chapman's gear list:Vic Chapman's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +13 more
matics
Forum MemberPosts: 72Gear list
Like?

pghrugger wrote:

Amazon has six fulfillment centers in Pennsylvania — two apiece in Breinigsville in Lehigh County and Carlisle in Cumberland County, and one each in Luzerne and York counties. Point your finger at your own state instead of at Amazon. They are just complying to PA laws.

matics's gear list:matics's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS-1D Mark III +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads