Nikon D600 Rating

Started Nov 18, 2012 | Questions
davids8560
Contributing MemberPosts: 549Gear list
Like?
Nikon D600 Rating
Nov 18, 2012

I've been hanging around DPR for many years, and it took a long time, but I finally registered as a member too. So I think I can say with some certainty that the DPR Nikon D600 rating of 87% is the highest rating ever given to any camera that they've ever reviewed.

If this is the case, shouldn't the government be issuing these cameras to all citizens, free-of-charge? Or at least controlling who gets them? Maybe a special license should be required to own one.

I mean, I don't know, I'm just saying... umm...

davids8560's gear list:davids8560's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Olympus Stylus 1 Pentax K-5 Sony Alpha NEX-7
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Ecniv
Regular MemberPosts: 270
Like?
Re: Nikon D600 Rating
In reply to davids8560, Nov 18, 2012

The lunatic is on the grass
The lunatic is on the grass
Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs
Got to keep the loonies on the path
The lunatic is in the hall
The lunatics are in my hall...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
davids8560
Like?
In reply to Ecniv, Nov 18, 2012

Ah, the old Led Zeppelin classic. I remember Jerry Garcia sang the lead on that number. I saw the song performed live one time in a tiny basement bar in Hamburg, Germany, back in the early Sixties by some band out of Liverpool. This hilarious guy named Ringo played drums. And some guy American guy named John Fogarty played guitar. He sure was great! I remember that show well because I was drinking with this really looney, melancholy British chap named Roger. He claimed he'd written the song for his group, Pink something-or-other, but that some singer named Jagger stole it and then turned around and sold it to Led Zeppelin... IIRC.

I confess that period of my life is kind of a blur to me now...

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Olympus Stylus 1 Pentax K-5 Sony Alpha NEX-7
Rich Rosen
Senior MemberPosts: 1,274Gear list
Like?
In reply to davids8560, Nov 18, 2012

Actually the D600 is not the highest rated at 87%. Way back when, the Nikon D3S got a rating of 89%. Now that should have been a camera that the government should have given to everyone. A camera that good would have made everyone a great photographer 

Rich Rosen's gear list:Rich Rosen's gear list
Nikon D1X Nikon D610 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF +23 more
Volksgti81
Contributing MemberPosts: 737Gear list
Like?
In reply to Rich Rosen, Nov 19, 2012

1D Mk IV also got an 89% as well.

Volksgti81's gear list:Volksgti81's gear list
Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM
Tap0
Forum MemberPosts: 80
Like?
In reply to davids8560, Nov 19, 2012

davids8560 wrote:

Ah, the old Led Zeppelin classic. I remember Jerry Garcia sang the lead on that number. I saw the song performed live one time in a tiny basement bar in Hamburg, Germany, back in the early Sixties by some band out of Liverpool. This hilarious guy named Ringo played drums. And some guy American guy named John Fogarty played guitar. He sure was great! I remember that show well because I was drinking with this really looney, melancholy British chap named Roger. He claimed he'd written the song for his group, Pink something-or-other, but that some singer named Jagger stole it and then turned around and sold it to Led Zeppelin... IIRC.

I confess that period of my life is kind of a blur to me now...

This is Brain Damage from Pink Floyd DSOTM...Though there are enough hints in what you wrote above that tell me that you know that too perfectly well...

davids8560
Like?
In reply to Tap0, Nov 19, 2012

Though there are enough hints in what you wrote above that tell me that you know that too perfectly well...

Right you are! You know, I saw an interview a year or so ago with one of Pink Floyd's members, I can't recall now who exactly, and he said he never listens to Pink Floyd ever, anymore... That he's grown a bit contemptuous of that time in his career...

Somehow, that sentiment let me down...

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads