Is it possible to use tethered shooting with a Mac and a Powershot A4000 IS?

Started Nov 11, 2012 | Questions
crios
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Is it possible to use tethered shooting with a Mac and a Powershot A4000 IS?
Nov 11, 2012

Does anybody know if it is possible to use tethered shooting with a Powershot A4000IS and a Mac? I'm guessing it's not but I'll ask here just in case. I would like to set up my camera to take pictures every 30 seconds for about 8 hours, but it looks like that functionality isn't built into the camera, nor does it seem possible to use a 3rd party capture program with the mac. I had an old Powershot that I used to be able to do this with (connect and shoot) but it looks like that functionality has been removed.

I took a look at CHDK but it seems that there isn't a port for A4000 (yet...).

Does anybody know of a way to do this or am I just out of luck.

I do have Windows on my Mac, so that is a possibility. Does anybody have any advice for the windows side of things?

Thanks

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon PowerShot A4000 IS Pentax Optio A40
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
yooperguy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,773Gear list
Like?
Re: Is it possible to use tethered shooting with a Mac and a Powershot A4000 IS?
In reply to crios, Nov 11, 2012

Short answer: No

Canon removed the Remote Shooting feature a few years ago, so you cannot tether to your PC/Mac to control the camera, as well as see your shot prior to taking the shot. They also do not have an interval timer feature in their Powershots anymore.

http://www.breezesys.com/PSRemote/features.htm#ps  (3rd party company that makes software taking advantage of those with remote shooting capability, but only works in Windows) [this link shows those older models that did have the feature, and all the new ones that do not]

Dennis

yooperguy's gear list:yooperguy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot G11 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX20
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads