SIGN PETITION Nikon d600 dust on sensor

Started Nov 7, 2012 | Discussions
daniele84
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
SIGN PETITION Nikon d600 dust on sensor
Nov 7, 2012

For all owners of Nikon D600 please sign the petition.

http://www.change.org/petitions/nikon-nikon-d600-dust-on-sensor

This petition will be delivered to Nikon

Thanks!

Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
GREENBELT
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
Re: SIGN PETITION Nikon d600 dust on sensor
In reply to daniele84, Nov 7, 2012

I think that petition should be signed by all the Nikon's customer, not only D600 owner, because Nikon can not act as nothing happened (see also problem with D800 AF problem)
Nikon need to change its mind set and answer to Nikon's customers.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Dave Courtenay
Contributing MemberPosts: 700Gear list
Like?

daniele84 wrote:

Thanks!

I am sure it will give them a good laugh, I have shot digital for over 10 years and have had dust and sometimes oil on every camera sensor from new, Its a fact of life, Sensors are easy to clean, If you dont have dust on your sensor from new then you will have it after a couple of lens changes, Time to get a life and move on

-- hide signature --

www.wildlifeinfocus.com

Dave Courtenay's gear list:Dave Courtenay's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 600mm f/4G ED VR +9 more
Dave Courtenay
Contributing MemberPosts: 700Gear list
Like?
In reply to GREENBELT, Nov 7, 2012

GREENBELT wrote:

I think that petition should be signed by all the Nikon's customer, not only D600 owner, because Nikon can not act as nothing happened (see also problem with D800 AF problem)

Better get a petition ready for Canon as well then as i have used both Canon and Nikon bodies and all are affected

-- hide signature --

www.wildlifeinfocus.com

Dave Courtenay's gear list:Dave Courtenay's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 600mm f/4G ED VR +9 more
GREENBELT
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
In reply to Dave Courtenay, Nov 7, 2012

Dave Courtenay wrote:

daniele84 wrote:

Thanks!

I am sure it will give them a good laugh, I have shot digital for over 10 years and have had dust and sometimes oil on every camera sensor from new, Its a fact of life, Sensors are easy to clean, If you dont have dust on your sensor from new then you will have it after a couple of lens changes, Time to get a life and move on

-- hide signature --

www.wildlifeinfocus.com

I agree with you, however I have shot digital for more than 20 years with Nikon and Canon and this is not the usual dust problem.

Point out also that here the problem is Nikon and the customers, not only dust.

gl2k
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,232
Like?
In reply to GREENBELT, Nov 7, 2012

GREENBELT wrote:

After reading so many posts on this topic I still don't understand where the problem is.

We are talking about excessive oil somewhere in the camera that sprays out for the first hundreds or thousands shots. Assuming that there is not an infinite amount of oil the problem should be gone after a while. In the meantime just clean the sensor 2 or 3 times.

If I'm wrong please correct me.

Nikonfan99
Senior MemberPosts: 1,411Gear list
Like?

daniele84 wrote:

Thanks!

LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL......if you have been following my posts on this issue, you know I had one stubborn spot that would show up on my d600 even at F5. But this was only on a very light background and no big deal. I ordered the copper hill images kit for my DX bodies and FX since my d7000 also has dust or oil. I started by cleaning my d70 yesterday with the quikstrips and eclipse. Got that clean to my satisfaction. Now I also  ordered   the sensor brush by copper hill images. It is only $27 and has glowing reviews. Since I was going to wait to use the brush on the d600, I decided to have another go with using my visible dust sensor loupe and rocket blower. I put the camera in mirror up mode, used the light to locate the dirt and blew the hell out of each spot both closely and far away and finally got rid of all of them.....so no more spot. Checked it with a sky shot and yes at f16 i still have one tiny spot but nothing below f16. Very happy. I still plan to use the brush first next time if no sign of oil and will use the wet clean if need be but I think with a proper light and a lot of squeezing of the rocket blower, you can get most of it off. I am not saying you will never have to wet clean but a lot of blowing and a good brush should take care of most issues. Btw, I am at 1000+ shutter counts and could not be happier with this camera. Just some hope.

Nikonfan99's gear list:Nikonfan99's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
AllOtherNamesTaken
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,464
Like?
Lol...might as well send one in for every SLR manufacturer

Every single SLR is affected by dust.  Canon, Sony, everyone.  Nikon is going to get a good laugh at this one.

Changing lenses, or using lenses with telescoping zooms all bring dust into the camera - doesn't matter what you shoot with.

Nikon, or anyone else, isn't going to "fix" a "problem" that is influenced so heavily by the individual and his/her shooting environment.

Greg Gebhardt
Forum ProPosts: 25,363Gear list
Like?
The last think you want to do is use a brush
In reply to Nikonfan99, Nov 7, 2012

on a "newer" Nikon DSLR.  Untill you have wet cleaned it several time the brush will pick up oil from the sensor, the sensor holder and the sensor chamber and spread it all over your sensor AND brush.  It makes a big mess.

-- hide signature --

Greg Gebhardt in
Jacksonville, Florida

Greg Gebhardt's gear list:Greg Gebhardt's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Leica M9 Nikon D4
CalifJewls
Forum MemberPosts: 60Gear list
Like?
D600 owner with no oil issues..

The one thing about forums is, that people that purchase products tend to come to forums to ONLY express their problems/issues with a certain product...so it often seems as if every D600 sold has oil on the sensor issues.

I have had my D600 for 3 weeks, and 700+ photos later I do NOT have oil issues, yes 2 specks of dust, but that was taken care of with my blower.

So I guess the moral of my post is, I am on this forum and I am a very satisfied D600 owner with no current oil issues to speak of and if I do have any oil issues that occur I will simply clean my sensor as many other D600, D7000, D800, Canon, etc owners have done with success.

I simply can't be the ONLY one with NO oil issues..

Julie

-- hide signature --

"We don't remember days, we remember moments"..
Nikon D600 | MacBook Pro | Adobe Lightroom 4

CalifJewls's gear list:CalifJewls's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR +1 more
Nikonfan99
Like?
Re: The last think you want to do is use a brush
In reply to Greg Gebhardt, Nov 7, 2012

Greg Gebhardt wrote:

on a "newer" Nikon DSLR. Untill you have wet cleaned it several time the brush will pick up oil from the sensor, the sensor holder and the sensor chamber and spread it all over your sensor AND brush. It makes a big mess.

-- hide signature --

Greg Gebhardt in
Jacksonville, Florida

Greg, I understand that but it depends on how the brush is made, if you have oil on the sensor, and if you go to the edge or touch outside sensor area. I was not suggesting that this is the only option for all but it is what copper hill images suggests. If you do happen to miss that you have oil on the sensor before cleaning it, you can wash the brush and also do a wet clean. Most people are only going to have dust. Keep in mind that you can also just touch it on spots after it is charged with a blower and may be able to just pick up the dust specs. The recommended order is blower, brush and wet clean per the video.  I would have the swabs on hand should you discover oil. This us why a sensor light is very important.

Nikonfan99
Like?
Re: D600 owner with no oil issues..
In reply to CalifJewls, Nov 7, 2012

CalifJewls wrote:

The one thing about forums is, that people that purchase products tend to come to forums to ONLY express their problems/issues with a certain product...so it often seems as if every D600 sold has oil on the sensor issues.

I have had my D600 for 3 weeks, and 700+ photos later I do NOT have oil issues, yes 2 specks of dust, but that was taken care of with my blower.

So I guess the moral of my post is, I am on this forum and I am a very satisfied D600 owner with no current oil issues to speak of and if I do have any oil issues that occur I will simply clean my sensor as many other D600, D7000, D800, Canon, etc owners have done with success.

Julie

-- hide signature --

"We don't remember days, we remember moments"..
Nikon D600 | MacBook Pro | Adobe Lightroom 4

Yes I totally agree. I dont have oil either. Used the blower and a visible dust loupe and went in close with blower to targeted dust and made sure not to touch sensor with blower and got it all off. Still have one tiny tiny tiny spot at f16 but i can live with that till it is time to do a wet clean.   just took a lot lot lot lot of blowing

AllOtherNamesTaken
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,464
Like?
I've been telling people this for ages
In reply to CalifJewls, Nov 7, 2012

CalifJewls wrote:

Julie

You are absolutely right, and your statements echo what I've been trying to tell people for ages. It seems to be hard for people to imagine life outside DPreview, where a few threads on a specific "issue" which may or may not be user error, doesn't even represent 0.01% of D600 sales. Compounding on top of that is the fact that perhaps 9/10 (or more) will turn to forums to complain, but 1/10 (probably FAR less) come to forums to say "hey guys, my D600 is flawless", which the overwhelming majority of them are.

Makes me wonder if DPReview didn't exist, how many people would have ever noticed dust, oil, or AF issues. I'm guessing only a VERY small percentage would have come to the conclusion they had a "problem" unit all on their own.

For the record, my D600 and that of everyone else I know is perfect.  If I do ever get a speck of oil on my sensor, I will put on my big boy pants and take the 60 seconds required to clean my sensor rather than start threads and send it off to Nikon.

Nikonfan99
Like?
Re: I've been telling people this for ages
In reply to AllOtherNamesTaken, Nov 7, 2012

I agree 100%. These threads are not always informative most of the time they start problems when none existed...

I know i posted this video before but in all honesty it is my thoughts in exact words:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=tg2AGHlPUrE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dtg2AGHlPUrE

Rebel04
Forum MemberPosts: 80
Like?
In reply to Nikonfan99, Nov 8, 2012
Rebel04
Forum MemberPosts: 80
Like?
In reply to Rebel04, Nov 9, 2012

another picture

D600 after cleaning http://www.flickr.com/photos/giuseppecammino/8167959617/in/photostream/lightbox/

after 10 shoots http://www.flickr.com/photos/giuseppecammino/8167983796/in/photostream/lightbox/

so is it normal? A problem that does not exist?

please sign the petition:

We want to know what's the position of Nikon about

Nikonfan99
Like?
In reply to Rebel04, Nov 9, 2012

Rebel04 wrote:

another picture

D600 after cleaning http://www.flickr.com/photos/giuseppecammino/8167959617/in/photostream/lightbox/

after 10 shoots http://www.flickr.com/photos/giuseppecammino/8167983796/in/photostream/lightbox/

Okay first what F stop are these shot at? As far as weddings, I dont have too many weddings that take place in the blue sky

I had three spots and I actually got rid of all of them and even when I had them, they never showed and only one barely showed up in the light areas of an image. I cleaned mine using a blower and visible dust sensor loupe. This was after 1000+ shots. Really not an issue. As a wedding photographer I live at between f2.8- f11. In fact most of the time I am using an ND filter to bring my f stop down. These spots did not show up in an actual image for me and even if one did I would use the fun tools in CS6 to remove it. Not a big deal. As far as where nikon stands.....They will tell you NO ISSUE just like they told others that complained and again my d7000 gathers dust faster. This is nothing new folks.

GodSpeaks
Forum ProPosts: 10,273Gear list
Like?
Change.org is a SPAM site
In reply to daniele84, Nov 9, 2012

Stay away from them as they will spam you to death.

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'
- Rayna Butler

GodSpeaks's gear list:GodSpeaks's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7i Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n +40 more
aggressor
Regular MemberPosts: 117
Like?
http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2012/10/d600-sensor-dust-issues
In reply to AllOtherNamesTaken, Nov 9, 2012

AllOtherNamesTaken wrote:

Every single SLR is affected by dust. Canon, Sony, everyone. Nikon is going to get a good laugh at this one.

Changing lenses, or using lenses with telescoping zooms all bring dust into the camera - doesn't matter what you shoot with.

Nikon, or anyone else, isn't going to "fix" a "problem" that is influenced so heavily by the individual and his/her shooting environment.

aggressor
Regular MemberPosts: 117
Like?
In reply to Nikonfan99, Nov 9, 2012

Nikonfan99 wrote:

Rebel04 wrote:

another picture

Okay first what F stop are these shot at? As far as weddings, I dont have too many weddings that take place in the blue sky

I had three spots and I actually got rid of all of them and even when I had them, they never showed and only one barely showed up in the light areas of an image. I cleaned mine using a blower and visible dust sensor loupe. This was after 1000+ shots. Really not an issue. As a wedding photographer I live at between f2.8- f11. In fact most of the time I am using an ND filter to bring my f stop down. These spots did not show up in an actual image for me and even if one did I would use the fun tools in CS6 to remove it. Not a big deal. As far as where nikon stands.....They will tell you NO ISSUE just like they told others that complained and again my d7000 gathers dust faster. This is nothing new folks.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads