Canon PowerShot ELPH 100 HS - Orange Tint

Started Nov 6, 2012 | Questions
llmercll
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Canon PowerShot ELPH 100 HS - Orange Tint
Nov 6, 2012

Hello!

I purchased an ELPH 100 HS about 6 months ago and have been enjoying it for the most part. The camera takes some really sharp pictures for how cheap it was.

The issue I'm having is that almost all my pictures have an orange tint, and tend to over saturate reds and oranges in general. I understand it's only a point and shoot, but the defects are significant.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/img0985c.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/img0986e.jpg/

The second picture was taken with the flash off, and is a MUCH better representation of how things actually look. Only with the flash on do these problems present themselves.

I've played with white balance and while it can attenuate the tint to a degree, it's still there. Any ideas on whats going on? I'm inexperienced with cameras and am hoping it's just a setting

thanks!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon ELPH 100 HS (IXUS 115 HS)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
peter42y
Senior MemberPosts: 2,159Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon PowerShot ELPH 100 HS - Orange Tint
In reply to llmercll, Nov 6, 2012

The sx230HS has a blueish tint lol.

I guess   these problems are fairly common .

peter42y's gear list:peter42y's gear list
Ricoh Caplio R8 Canon IXUS 310 HS Nikon 1 V1 Canon EOS M
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Sactojim
Senior MemberPosts: 3,316
Like?
Re: Canon PowerShot ELPH 100 HS - Orange Tint
In reply to llmercll, Nov 6, 2012

The tint is actually a special Thanksgiving Orange programmed into the camera! Ok, kidding aside, I see they look somewhat soft..maybe out of focus too. Could you post directly to the forum where we can view the data please..it would help. Check your settings to see if saturation is set too low or see if set on portrait which gives a softer look.

gadgets
Regular MemberPosts: 299
Like?
looks delicious
In reply to llmercll, Nov 8, 2012

That is an interesting concoction you're whipping up there -- protein powder, hard liquor, citrus fruits, cat food and Keebler Flatbread Crisps.  Mmmmm good.

As for your camera color, sorry but don't have any ideas.  My wife actually has a 100HS but she never uses it, so I have no clue about the menus or picture output.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads