A99 + SAL2470f28z gives Madison Square Park a visit in the evening.

Started Nov 6, 2012 | Discussions
Hamilton NYC
Regular MemberPosts: 137
Like?
A99 + SAL2470f28z gives Madison Square Park a visit in the evening.
Nov 6, 2012

Even though my A99 arrived last week, I was unable to get into the office due to Sandy. This morning I got in bright and early and hugged my FedEx packages very dearly, as I was finally able to hold that big brick of a camera.

After I left the office it was a dark out, and so I walked over to Madison Square Park.  They've got this awesome globe thing set up and there were tons of people taking shots, so I figured it was a great opp. to get my long exposure legs in gear.

Here are the results:

Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
remylebeau
Regular MemberPosts: 293Gear list
Like?
Re: A99 + SAL2470f28z gives Madison Square Park a visit in the evening.
In reply to Hamilton NYC, Nov 6, 2012

Great pics, my fav has to be the second from the top. The rich colors, contrast and depth is a feast for the eyes

remylebeau's gear list:remylebeau's gear list
Nikon D3 Sony SLT-A99 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Tokina AT-X 17-35mm f/4 Pro FX +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Hamilton NYC
Like?
In reply to remylebeau, Nov 6, 2012

remylebeau wrote:

Great pics, my fav has to be the second from the top. The rich colors, contrast and depth is a feast for the eyes

Thanks!

remylebeau
Regular MemberPosts: 293Gear list
Like?

Did you do any tweaking post or is that straight out of the camera? I'm still taken back with the details and dynamic range, it's fantastic.

remylebeau's gear list:remylebeau's gear list
Nikon D3 Sony SLT-A99 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Tokina AT-X 17-35mm f/4 Pro FX +9 more
photo chris
Regular MemberPosts: 281
Like?

The second shot is really cool, with the purple colored light giving everything a strange hue it looks almost HDR.  Nice.

iHedo
Regular MemberPosts: 199Gear list
Like?

I really like the second photo!!!!

-- hide signature --

Sony A77 + Grip, Sony 16-50 2.8 SSM, Sony 50 1.4, Sigma 70-200 2.8 EX OS HSM, Sigma 105 2.8M EX OS HSM

iHedo's gear list:iHedo's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
Hamilton NYC
Like?
In reply to remylebeau, Nov 6, 2012

remylebeau wrote:

Did you do any tweaking post or is that straight out of the camera? I'm still taken back with the details and dynamic range, it's fantastic.

PP was done with both Aperture and Photomatix, based on 3 exposures.  Cannot stress enough how much detail you can pull out of this camera's RAW files, though.  It's insane.

photo chris wrote:

The second shot is really cool, with the purple colored light giving everything a strange hue it looks almost HDR. Nice.

iHedo wrote:

I really like the second photo!!!!

Thanks guys!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads