Remote apps to control or live view Sony DSLR's?

Started Nov 2, 2012 | Discussions
SteveNunez
Contributing MemberPosts: 504
Like?
Remote apps to control or live view Sony DSLR's?
Nov 2, 2012

Hey guys, I'm looking for a solution to remotely control the A99 while on tripod....there are various apps for Canon and Nikon that allow the user to control the camera remotely using an Andriod device or iPad but I haven't found any that do this for the Sony Alpha A99.....does anyone know of any app that can be used in this fashion. (I'd like to see the image on the remote device live!)

See this;

DSLR Controller (BETA) - Android Apps on Google Play

Alternatively there is this device- while not an app- it does seem to work with other Alpha cameras although not wireless.

YN LV 2 5" LCD Remote Live View Finder F Sony A100 A200 A300 A350 A500 A700 A900 | eBay

-- hide signature --

Steve Nunez~New York City
www.stevenunez.com
Sony NEX7, NEX5, Sony A99, Panasonic GF-1

Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Sony Alpha DSLR-A300 Sony Alpha DSLR-A350 Sony Alpha DSLR-A500 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
sybersitizen
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,273
Like?
Re: Remote apps to control or live view Sony DSLR's?
In reply to SteveNunez, Nov 2, 2012

"Alternatively there is this device- while not an app- it does seem to work with other Alpha cameras although not wireless."

Even if you wanted that low-res (640x480) 'live view' display, it wouldn't connect to an A99 or any other SLT model. They have HDMI out ports, not video out ports. BTW... the compatibiity list is bogus in a major way: it contains cameras that don't have live view at all.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
SteveNunez
Contributing MemberPosts: 504
Like?
In reply to sybersitizen, Nov 2, 2012

Thank you.

I was looking for an HDMI connector in there~

-- hide signature --

Steve Nunez~New York City
www.stevenunez.com
Sony NEX7, NEX5, Sony A99, Panasonic GF-1

Sam_Oslo
Senior MemberPosts: 2,503Gear list
Like?
In reply to SteveNunez, Nov 2, 2012

That's a good question, but Windows 8  is out now, and wee need apps for that.  I want to see Sony to put some resources in developing a good Windows 8  apps,.

Many great Windows 8 tablets, with Full HD multi touch screens,  are on hitting the marked. These tablets are great as remote control, but they can do much more too, they can act as communication hub for real-time file transferee, and programming the camera.

Sam_Oslo's gear list:Sam_Oslo's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony 20mm F2.8 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +2 more
Lucas_
Senior MemberPosts: 2,913Gear list
Like?
In reply to Sam_Oslo, Nov 2, 2012

Sam_Oslo wrote:

That's a good question, but Windows 8 is out now, and wee need apps for that. I want to see Sony to put some resources in developing a good Windows 8 apps,.

Many great Windows 8 tablets, with Full HD multi touch screens, are on hitting the marked. These tablets are great as remote control, but they can do much more too, they can act as communication hub for real-time file transferee, and programming the camera.

I have a Sony Tablet S ( Android 4.xx ), it's full of features and it even comes with a Sony app for IR controlling... all the stuff I got in my home theater! I hope Sony decides to also develop an app to controll at least Sony cameras!

... Lucas

-- hide signature --

*/Always having fun with photography .../*
http://www.lucaspix.smugmug.com/

Lucas_'s gear list:Lucas_'s gear list
Minolta DiMAGE A1 Sony RX100 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony SLT-A99 Sony a6000 +36 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads