Sony 5n kit results

Started Oct 28, 2012 | Discussions
Fredy Ross
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,372
Like?
Sony 5n kit results
Oct 28, 2012

Today I took my dog out for a walk and saw outside there were some models and a photographer. Ran back to get my camera and picked up the sony 5n kit as it was quickly accessible. Hope you enjoy them. Interesting as usually when I have my canon gear the pro wants to look at what I took but I guess he thought I had a PS so wasn't interested to see what I took for 20 minutes.

-- hide signature --

fredyr

captura
Forum ProPosts: 15,165Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony 5n kit results
In reply to Fredy Ross, Oct 28, 2012

Thank you, I enjoyed that and your story.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jazzroy1972
Regular MemberPosts: 172
Like?
In reply to captura, Oct 28, 2012

overexposed pics (not the subject, the two are perfectly exposed..)

Fredy Ross
Like?
In reply to jazzroy1972, Oct 28, 2012

I took raw so I suppose I could play with them. I don't know why he was shooting into the sun but I had my dog in one hand and there were a lot of people and shadows so I had to take without getting in the way. considering I had no flash and no viewfinder I think the 5n did more than okay. Perhaps you don't like my editing when they are crossing the street but that was just for fun. Anyway it was an interesting experience and a lot of fun for an old lady like myself.

-- hide signature --

fredyr

fuego6
Senior MemberPosts: 1,694
Like?
In reply to Fredy Ross, Oct 28, 2012

Fredy Ross wrote:

I took raw so I suppose I could play with them. I don't know why he was shooting into the sun but I had my dog in one hand and there were a lot of people and shadows so I had to take without getting in the way. considering I had no flash and no viewfinder I think the 5n did more than okay. Perhaps you don't like my editing when they are crossing the street but that was just for fun. Anyway it was an interesting experience and a lot of fun for an old lady like myself.

-- hide signature --

fredyr

You are assuming as well that he is a pro because he had a DSLR ... and some models.  Just like he assumed you weren't because of your "P&S"..   Lots of assumptions... perhaps he was shooting into the sun because he is just an average Joe and has no clue?

Fredy Ross
Like?
In reply to fuego6, Oct 29, 2012

No. I asked him why and he said he prefers to shoot into the sun. He had external lights set up for his canon 5D 9 (not sure which model) and used a flash and the whole set up was very pro. The shop is Burberry, very expensive, high fashion. Next Thursday all the shops are having a fiesta of fashion so I think this is an ad for that. I live above shops like 5th Ave. Anyway I had fun with my nex 5n and got about 30 shots. I know my photos are just quick snaps but really was pleased how easy it was with the nex. I have a lot of canon gear and L lenses but soooooooooooo heavy for me now that I am older so just wanted to share my pleasure.

-- hide signature --

fredyr

tsk1979
Senior MemberPosts: 1,053Gear list
Like?
Can you please provide some details about the camera
In reply to Fredy Ross, Oct 29, 2012

Hello

I am interested in knowing how your camera performs while shooting video from an AF standpoint. Does focus keep on hunting, or can you shoot video properly. I have not found many reviews which can demonstrate video AF of the camera

-- hide signature --

Tanveer
My galleries - http://tanveer.smugmug.com,
My photography page on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/TanveersPhotography

tsk1979's gear list:tsk1979's gear list
Nikon D7000 Sony Alpha 7 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +5 more
Fredy Ross
Like?
Re: Can you please provide some details about the camera
In reply to tsk1979, Oct 29, 2012

so sorry I have never taken videos with this camera and just use my canon g11 for family videos. www.vimeo.com seems to be the place to ask your questions and get some knowledge. Good luck.

-- hide signature --

fredyr

Fredy Ross
Like?
I must say thank you to those who looked at my pbase site
In reply to Fredy Ross, Nov 1, 2012

1500 of you were interested so I thank you. I wasn't sure by the replies here in this forum that anybody was interested.

-- hide signature --

fredyr

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads