FZ200 - How to access the deeper menus?

Started Oct 26, 2012 | Questions
ecirwin
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
FZ200 - How to access the deeper menus?
Oct 26, 2012

I cannot seem to follow the manual for this camera at all.  There are all kinds of settings that are not available through the main Menu, but I cannot seem to figure out how to get to them.

Can someone show me the secret handshake?

ANSWER:
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
f-601
Regular MemberPosts: 484Gear list
Like?
Re: FZ200 - How to access the deeper menus?
In reply to ecirwin, Oct 26, 2012

There's only the menu button with access to the full menu. In addition ther is the quick menu with the most important options.

depending upon the mode setting (dial) some options may be hidden (iA mode versus A mode). Anything specific you are looking for?

-- hide signature --

Hans

f-601's gear list:f-601's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
sherman_levine
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,247Gear list
Like?

ecirwin wrote:

I cannot seem to follow the manual for this camera at all. There are all kinds of settings that are not available through the main Menu, but I cannot seem to figure out how to get to them.

Can someone show me the secret handshake?

Have you looked at the advanced features manual which is on the CD? It's far more useful than the printed leaflet.

Sherm

sherman_levine's gear list:sherman_levine's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Donald B
Senior MemberPosts: 3,598Gear list
Like?

hit the right  button on the 4 way.

cheers don

kkardster
Senior MemberPosts: 5,001Gear list
Like?

Shooting vs. Playback will yield different menus.  Shooting mode may result in some settings not being available, but they should simply be grayed out.

You may also need to "go left then down" to switch from the PLAYBACK or RECORD to the general SETTINGS menu.

-- hide signature --

You learn something new every time you press the shutter

kkardster's gear list:kkardster's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +5 more
ecirwin
Like?
In reply to f-601, Oct 27, 2012

f-601 wrote:

Anything specific you are looking for?

-- hide signature --

Hans

I am looking for a setting where I can change how long the LCD stays on, without any camera activity. I have looked in the advanced manual and found that this setting exists, but I cannot figure out where it is. I know I sound I stupid, but I just can't figure this one out. I don't normally have these kinds of issues with gadgets and neither does my wife, but we just cannot seem to crack this mystery.

Specifically, I am looking at page 63 in the manual for the "Economy" settings.  There are lots of other settings on these pages that I just don't see in the "Menu" area.

Eric

Ronomy
Senior MemberPosts: 2,855Gear list
Like?
In reply to ecirwin, Oct 27, 2012

Economy!  Go into menu and scroll to setup menu.  Then Economy and right button.  Your screen timers are all in there...Economy!

Ronomy's gear list:Ronomy's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon EOS 7D
ecirwin
Like?
In reply to Ronomy, Oct 27, 2012

Ronomy wrote:

Economy! Go into menu and scroll to setup menu. Then Economy and right button. Your screen timers are all in there...Economy!

I figured it out.  The selector dial cannot be on "iA" mode.  The "Settings" menu is extremely limited when you are in iA.  I guess that sort of makes sense, at least with some of the settings, but not really with this one.  There must be something in the manual about the limited menus in this particular setting, but I didn't see it, not that I read every word.

selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads