Regular MemberPosts: 415Gear list
Like?
Re: WOW, K5II-s vs a99 base iso raw-
In reply to ET2, Oct 24, 2012

ET2 wrote:

Wanganuilad wrote:

ET2 wrote:

Wanganuilad wrote:

Some pretty bizarre responses in that forum. Some of them seem very oversensitive.

Can't be worse than this forum...

Seemed to be..

It's not. I have been around here to know better.

Start a thread poopooping Pentax cameras and watch the fanboys go nuts.

The difference is I still own a sony camera and several lenses, shutter remote, and camera bag. You don't own any pentax gear and don't plan to. If sony suddenly releases an amazing and affordable camera next year, I may pick it up as I already have lenses to use, including a 75-300, 50 1.7, and 18-55 kit. I don't play fanboy games, I want what is the best.

You on the other hand must love sony as a brand and likely have sony shoelaces and a matching hat. You own a NEX7 yet are in the Pentax DSLR forum talking about people instead of the gear. The one positive thing out of you being here though is it means you are getting worried, which means pentax is spot on with their new products. It's kind of like locating a black hole, you can't tell by looking directly for it, but when you see other things around it move, you know its there.

Pentax is causing all kinds of motion in other brands, specifically sony, and this lets us know they are moving up. A camera like the new K5 will resolve with the FF crowd, have better noise performance than anything close to it's price, and will be able to use pentax's best lenses in the rain. If I was a person who refuses to buy pentax, I would be jealous too.

Remember, ADVENTURE IS YOUR ELEMENT.

-- hide signature --

To see is to believe...PENTAX

Maxeyesore's gear list:Maxeyesore's gear list
Sony SLT-A33 Pentax K-5 IIs
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Qwntm
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,428Gear list
Like?
In reply to Maxeyesore, Oct 24, 2012

If the K-5 iis is even close to the 5D Mark II resolution, then there's going to be all my used Canon gear on the market soon...

-- hide signature --

Edward
www.youtube.com/photouniverse
www.edwardthomasart.com
www.pbase.com/edwardthomas

Qwntm's gear list:Qwntm's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 Fujifilm X-E2 +14 more
Pentax_Prime
Senior MemberPosts: 2,457Gear list
Like?
Nothing fails to prove a point ...

Maxeyesore wrote:

So this is from a sony thread that has been trying to bash the D600 in favor of the a99. I popped in to suggest a base iso comparison with the II-s and a99, and was met with a tidal wave of hate and insults. Either way, I managed to escape with my life and a little raw file here.

Notice the two are focused at very different points. The interesting thing is, even though the II-s is OOF on the wall chart, it is still fairly close in sharpness to the a99, but comparing the cloth in the cup, it is a blowout. The K5 is leagues ahead. Perhaps the DOF is more shallow on the a99? Either way, the fact that the K5 which is obviously front focused is still close at the chart is impressive.

I said it there so I'll say it here, I am expecting the II-s to outresolve the $2800 a99 at lower iso, of course falling off at higher stops as FF is simply FF. Tell us what you think.

-- hide signature --

Like really nasty moire ....

-- hide signature --

*My Pentax Street Gallery - Arranged By Lens Used*
http://photobucket.com/andy_allen

Pentax_Prime's gear list:Pentax_Prime's gear list
Pentax K-5
Maxeyesore
Like?
Re: Nothing fails to prove a point ...
In reply to Pentax_Prime, Oct 24, 2012

The next time I am shooting resolution charts I will remember that Until then I will have to settle for the II-s in my landscape and portraiture.

-- hide signature --

Pentax...Find Your Element.

ET2
ET2
Senior MemberPosts: 3,753Gear list
Like?

Maxeyesore wrote:

The difference is I still own a sony camera and several lenses, shutter remote, and camera bag. You don't own any pentax gear and don't plan to. If sony suddenly releases an amazing and affordable camera next year, I may pick it up as I already have lenses to use, including a 75-300, 50 1.7, and 18-55 kit. I don't play fanboy games, I want what is the best.

Yes, but I survived in this forum a long time with this account. You got yourself banned like 20 times already with 20 accounts in  5 months.  Apparently, the mods agree that my posts are reasonable. Yours are not.

You on the other hand must love sony as a brand and likely have sony shoelaces and a matching hat. You own a NEX7 yet are in the Pentax DSLR forum talking about people instead of the gear.

If you say I own Nex-7, must be true then.

bzx
bzx
Regular MemberPosts: 213Gear list
Like?
In reply to Cane, Oct 24, 2012

Cane wrote:

Maxeyesore wrote:

As if the sony forums are any better? You of all people should know that

But as far as your comment, yes, getting into this "stuff" is fun, and it is more of a technical comparison than a personal battle, contrary to the opinion of many sony users.

Dude, I shoot Pentax, but am thinking of getting a NEX 6 for a second body. I made like 3 posts over there to ask a question or two. Am I a Sony fanboy now? I didn't think my comment had anything to do with brand?

good point - OP likes to stir.. I made a positive and constructive post in another thread here and mentioned Sony brand in a neutral way, guess what, he calls me a sony fanboy.. now I see why he's been banned so many times and seeks war in every discussion. Let's move on.

-- hide signature --

t[+]m

bzx's gear list:bzx's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +2 more
Qwntm
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,428Gear list
Like?
Re: Nothing fails to prove a point ...
In reply to Maxeyesore, Oct 25, 2012

Maxeyesore wrote:

The next time I am shooting resolution charts I will remember that Until then I will have to settle for the II-s in my landscape and portraiture.

-- hide signature --

Exactly...

-- hide signature --

Edward
www.youtube.com/photouniverse
www.edwardthomasart.com
www.pbase.com/edwardthomas

Qwntm's gear list:Qwntm's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 Fujifilm X-E2 +14 more
ozdean
Forum ProPosts: 20,333Gear list
Like?

Had a good look on IR @ iso 100 the IIs is surprisingly better.

-- hide signature --

Regards Dean - Capturing Creation
N.B. All my Images are Protected by Copyright

ozdean's gear list:ozdean's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR +7 more
Maxeyesore
Like?
In reply to ozdean, Oct 25, 2012

ozdean wrote:

-- hide signature --

Regards Dean - Capturing Creation
N.B. All my Images are Protected by Copyright

That was my thoughts exactly. The problem is I tried to state it in enemy territory and was chased out of town. They actually followed me here and now feel the need to simply throw insults. You know when somebody is angry because they forget to talk about cameras for an entire day. I personally can't wait to take my first K5 shots and post some samples for all to see.

I am planning a trip to the nearest sony dealer to grab some even a99 vs K5II-s shots and bring em back home to assess. I will be focusing on sharpness with exact focusing and equal settings. I will even make sure lenses are equal. If somebody else beats me to it (which I'm hoping), all the better.

-- hide signature --

ET2
ET2
Like?
In reply to ozdean, Oct 25, 2012

ozdean wrote:

I did. Nex-5N is better than K52s and A99 is better than both.

awaldram
Forum ProPosts: 10,717Gear list
Like?
In reply to ET2, Oct 25, 2012

ET2 wrote:

ozdean wrote:

You are one funny dude.

awaldram's gear list:awaldram's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +11 more
Donald B
Senior MemberPosts: 3,309Gear list
Like?
have a look nx20

have you checked out the samsung nx20 tell me what you think. look at the reds and pinks.

cheers don

ET2
ET2
Like?
In reply to awaldram, Oct 25, 2012

awaldram wrote:

ET2 wrote:

ozdean wrote:

You are one funny dude.

What's funny about it? Check the original post by MaxISO himself. He shot himself in the foot.

Maxeyesore
Like?
In reply to ET2, Oct 25, 2012

ET2 wrote:

awaldram wrote:

ET2 wrote:

ozdean wrote:

You are one funny dude.

What's funny about it? Check the original post by MaxISO himself. He shot himself in the foot.

Whats funny is I've been saying for months that you own a NEX and you have bee both denying it and refusing to answer when I ask you. You have no shots in your gallery and nothing listed in your gear list, but coincidentally you are here praising the NEX cameras...hmm

You are such an obvious troll with old fashioned tactics. You are afraid to offer any personal info because you know people will be able to insult you back, considering your lame NEX doesn't even have PDAF. What you forget is a long time ago I saw you talking about your NEX7 in a post lol. You slipped up and I busted you, that's what's funny.

-- hide signature --

ET2
ET2
Like?

Maxeyesore wrote:

Whats funny is I've been saying for months that you own a NEX

Yes, you have, but too bad you can't post a proof  ...

>You have no shots in your gallery and nothing listed in your gear list, but coincidentally you are here praising the NEX cameras...hmm

Oh so I am praising Nex that must prove I own it? LOL. I also praised D800 a lot, as you remember. I must own D800, too ..

Torch
Senior MemberPosts: 1,978
Like?
In reply to viking79, Oct 26, 2012

Well I did not want to get a Q but it was fun for what it was.

I could have got a 5n, or A77 or A65, but went for a D3200 for less cost.

Too far along with other choices to get deep into Pentax for now.

On that note enjoy your Pentax especially if its less than Sony and close to similar results and expect disagreement over that elsewhere. Do you really need a dead person to rise from their grave to tell you "Yeah, I agree with your camera choice." Begging for approval ? Who the Frank cares ?

If your stuff works enjoy it or you only meet a forum that considers your choice off spec and you are not supposed to own it. Most of the disagreement and emotional spewing posted everywhere is just entertaining marketers.

-- hide signature --

Torch

solarider
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,819Gear list
Like?
In reply to Maxeyesore, Oct 26, 2012

The K5IIs is good, the A99 has more detail in the fabric without a doubt, it's a nice camera. Everybody makes nice products with little differences here and bigger there. Take it easy, enjoy life. Competitions are so left brained masculine crazyiness that it lacks the balance of right brain feminine  artistic and lateral thinking.

So tiring, so stupid.

Nic

Maxeyesore wrote:

So this is from a sony thread that has been trying to bash the D600 in favor of the a99. I popped in to suggest a base iso comparison with the II-s and a99, and was met with a tidal wave of hate and insults. Either way, I managed to escape with my life and a little raw file here.

Notice the two are focused at very different points. The interesting thing is, even though the II-s is OOF on the wall chart, it is still fairly close in sharpness to the a99, but comparing the cloth in the cup, it is a blowout. The K5 is leagues ahead. Perhaps the DOF is more shallow on the a99? Either way, the fact that the K5 which is obviously front focused is still close at the chart is impressive.

I said it there so I'll say it here, I am expecting the II-s to outresolve the $2800 a99 at lower iso, of course falling off at higher stops as FF is simply FF. Tell us what you think.

-- hide signature --

-- hide signature --

History would be something extraordinary, if only it were true. Leo Tolstoy
Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media.
Noam Chomsky
History would be something if only it was true. Leo Tolstoy
Science... became scientism, which means it didn't just pursue its own truths, it aggressively denied that there were any other truths at all... K. Wilbur
At any given moment, there is a sort of all pervading orthodoxy, a general tacit
agreement not to discuss large and uncomfortable facts… Anyone who
challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with surprising
effectiveness. - George Orwell
“It's not a matter of whether the war is not real, or if it is, Victory is not possible. The war is not meant to be won, it is meant to be continuous. … The war is waged by the ruling group against its own subjects and its object is not the victory over [the purported enemy], but to keep the very structure of society intact.” George Orwell, 1984

Pentax_Prime
Senior MemberPosts: 2,457Gear list
Like?
Thanks Mods
In reply to Pentax_Prime, Oct 26, 2012

Can't say I didn't try to give a friendly warning ... good luck Max, good luck.

-- hide signature --

Pentax_Prime's gear list:Pentax_Prime's gear list
Pentax K-5
Maxeyesore
Like?
Re: Thanks Mods
In reply to Pentax_Prime, Oct 26, 2012

Pentax_Prime wrote:

Can't say I didn't try to give a friendly warning ... good luck Max, good luck.

-- hide signature --

Oh thank you so so much. I really appreciate the heads up, and I wanted to let you know I had bad dreams last night. I dreamt I was arrested for online stocking and was thrown in a mexican prison where I grew old with a bearded man named Manuel. We enjoyed nachos and enchiladas with iced tea, occasionally bribing the guards for some goats milk. I ended up getting out at the tender age of 72 (odd how dreams can move so fast right?), and bought a house in Guatemala, shortly thereafter marrying a woman named Maria.

I still managed to produce 2 children, although I wasn't alive to see the second born. I was buried on the top of our favorite hill (had a FF Pentax K1 in this dream, saweet!) where I had taken many photos, which incidentally sold on stock photo websites and payed for my funeral. After I died I met a tall man in a white robe and we discussed my apparent dislike for excessive obstacles in the light path of a DSLR. I explained to him how extra glass will only degrade IQ, thus justifying my move to pentax.

Of course he agreed, saying he WAS the light, and that his windows at home have no glass in them. Then I woke up. I guess it was a bit more odd than scary but it still left an impression on me. By the way, I talked to DPR reps this morning and they said I am not allowed to mention the word S**y. I don't know how long I can hold out but I am doing my best. Thanks for the warning though, if you hadn't been there I could be in a mexican prison right now.

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads