rx100 case

Started Oct 22, 2012 | Discussions
PuzzledObserver
Junior MemberPosts: 39
Like?
rx100 case
Oct 22, 2012

i know this has been discussed numerous times, but i have not seen a single post mentioning the megagear leather camera case which is essentially the same as the sony leather case. See below.

http://www.amazon.com/MegaGear-Protective-Leather-Camera-DSC-RX100/dp/B008QWEKO6/ref=sr_1_cc_3?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1350929609&sr=1-3-catcorr&keywords=rx100+case

would this be enough to prevent dust from entering the lens? or it's best to settle with a pouch?

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Benson10
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
Re: rx100 case
In reply to PuzzledObserver, Oct 22, 2012

i bought a nice soft Case Logic case at my local Dollar Tree for $1.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
peterharvey
Regular MemberPosts: 361Gear list
Like?

All the cases help to prevent dust, but not 100% guaranteed.

I got a black leather C1 case from www.cutecamcase.com; fits both my RX100 and my Richard Franiec grip...

peterharvey's gear list:peterharvey's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 70D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +4 more
Jrs22
Forum MemberPosts: 54
Like?

I went with the Sony case because of the snug fit and the fitted corners on top.  The lens, charging port and battery cover are all protected.  When I looked at the mega gear case photos  on amazon the lid appeared poorly fitted and loose.  If you don't want to spend the extra money for the Sony case you'll get more protection from a pouch.

lmtfa
Contributing MemberPosts: 821Gear list
Like?
Re: rx100 case - Posted in dpr news "other products"
In reply to PuzzledObserver, Oct 23, 2012

They are in Korea. Go to their site because they have other colors and what they call "the Gun Shot" sling. There's a hand strap also. Very nice looking and well made cases. The site is english friendly so you won't have a hard time navigating around. You can look up the exchange rate and they're not at all expensive. I'm deciding on the RX100 or maybe the Nex 7 but if I do I'm going to get one of those cases.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/07/30/Gariz-leather-half-case-for-Sony-RX100

-- hide signature --

(i)lmtfa added to amino acid for molecular biological studies

lmtfa's gear list:lmtfa's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 Sony Alpha NEX-6
Jrs22
Forum MemberPosts: 54
Like?
Re: rx100 case - Posted in dpr news "other products"
In reply to lmtfa, Oct 23, 2012

lmtfa wrote:

They are in Korea. Go to their site because they have other colors and what they call "the Gun Shot" sling. There's a hand strap also. Very nice looking and well made cases. The site is english friendly so you won't have a hard time navigating around. You can look up the exchange rate and they're not at all expensive. I'm deciding on the RX100 or maybe the Nex 7 but if I do I'm going to get one of those cases.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/07/30/Gariz-leather-half-case-for-Sony-RX100

-- hide signature --

(i)lmtfa added to amino acid for molecular biological studies

The Gariz half-case is beautiful but other than making the rx100 less slippery its not clear to me what function it provides?    Is there a version on the Gariz website that is a full case?

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads