What do you do with your prints?

Started Oct 22, 2012 | Discussions
Jonathan Robson
Contributing MemberPosts: 843Gear list
Like?
What do you do with your prints?
Oct 22, 2012

So we only have so much wall space. On one wall I have a rail from which I hang prints - about 10 prints in all. They'll hang there until we're bored of them3-12months, then I'll pick some new shots to print and replace them with.

The question is, what do you do with your old prints? These prints are anything from 13x19 to 17x24. Seems a shame to rip them up once we're tired of them.

Cheers

Jonathan

-- hide signature --

'When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in
to the sea.' - Eric Cantona
http://jrobfoto.com

Jonathan Robson's gear list:Jonathan Robson's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Nikon 1 V1 Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 +17 more
Mark McCormick
Contributing MemberPosts: 755
Like?
Re: What do you do with your prints?
In reply to Jonathan Robson, Oct 22, 2012

No reason a picture frame can't hold more than one print. Just put your older prints behind the new print. The picture frame is as good a storage album as anything else.  In a few years, the old will seem fresh and interesting again. You can rotate through a stack of prints enclosed this way as you please.

Just a thought.

best,
Mark

http://www.aardenburg-imaging.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Gregg Helleren
Contributing MemberPosts: 594
Like?
In reply to Jonathan Robson, Oct 22, 2012

Buy one or more art folios (A2/A3/A4 to suit print sizes) and keep your old prints in there. Your prints are protected, it's easy to flip through and pull one out for display and handy if you want to show past prints to someone.

-- hide signature --

Warning: Do not stare into laser with remaining eye!

usinare
Regular MemberPosts: 425
Like?
In reply to Gregg Helleren, Oct 22, 2012

i leave mine in the public areas at work. i leave a note saying its free..

-- hide signature --

Fuji X-Pro1, 35mm f1.4,Grip, EF-X20, Canon 5D, 16-35L, 24-70L, 70-200 L/IS

Howard Moftich
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,831
Like?
In reply to usinare, Oct 22, 2012

I keep them in a drop-front art storage box w/ tissue.  They get recycled onto the wall as the mood strikes.

Jonathan Robson
Contributing MemberPosts: 843Gear list
Like?
In reply to usinare, Oct 22, 2012

This is a great idea! Thanks for this

-- hide signature --

'When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in
to the sea.' - Eric Cantona
http://jrobfoto.com

Jonathan Robson's gear list:Jonathan Robson's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Nikon 1 V1 Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 +17 more
RedFox88
Forum ProPosts: 21,786Gear list
Like?
In reply to Jonathan Robson, Oct 27, 2012

Jonathan Robson wrote:

So we only have so much wall space. On one wall I have a rail from which I hang prints - about 10 prints in all. They'll hang there until we're bored of them3-12months,

To me, if a print gets bored of in 3 months it should not have been framed in the first place.  Quality not quantity.   I have a brother who keeps framed photos of his kids on his wall.  Not taking down last  year's photos in favor of current photos.  It helps you remember what's gone on instead of the current.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads