Started Oct 18, 2012 | Discussions
Lee Jay
Forum ProPosts: 43,324Gear list
Like?
Re: Rationalization
In reply to xandxor, Oct 19, 2012

xandxor wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

And Obama is leading in the swing states, hence if the election were held today and everything fell the way they are today, he'd win 294 to 244.  Romney, being the sniveling little yes man that he is, has an electoral college problem, just like Gore did.

That's an interesting video.

I think it's interesting that none of the conservatives here will comment on the content of that video.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

Lee Jay's gear list:Lee Jay's gear list
Canon ELPH 500 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 550D +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Simon Gallup
Senior MemberPosts: 1,352
Like?
Re: Let me help you.
In reply to Lee Jay, Oct 19, 2012

ljfinger wrote:

Brian wrote:

Oh, you mean if every thing fell according to a website, that Obama would win?  you keep consoling yourself with that.  Romney is an avalanche and is picking up speed.  The Right knows this and the Liberal leadership knows this.  They are very much in panic mode right now.

If so, they should be, since the guy isn't qualified to be the secretary of a poker club, much less President of the country.

Yet has a very good chance of winning.

Wonder what that says for the incumbent, lol.

Lee Jay
Like?
In reply to Simon Gallup, Oct 19, 2012

Simon Gallup wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

Brian wrote:

Oh, you mean if every thing fell according to a website, that Obama would win?  you keep consoling yourself with that.  Romney is an avalanche and is picking up speed.  The Right knows this and the Liberal leadership knows this.  They are very much in panic mode right now.

If so, they should be, since the guy isn't qualified to be the secretary of a poker club, much less President of the country.

It says more about the electorate than the incumbent.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Canon ELPH 500 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 550D +23 more
Simon Gallup
Like?

ljfinger wrote:

Simon Gallup wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

Brian wrote:

Exactly.... that they'd rather have the person you describe... than Barack Obama.

Lee Jay
Like?

Simon Gallup wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

Simon Gallup wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

Brian wrote:

Exactly.... that they'd rather have the person you describe... than Barack Obama.

That they don't know better that to vote for Romney, a guy that has no plan, that has no beliefs or opinions, that has no clue how to do anything to solve any problems, and who will say anything just to advance his position.  They're gullible and believe what he says even though he himself doesn't believe it.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Simon Gallup
Like?

ljfinger wrote:

Simon Gallup wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

Simon Gallup wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

Brian wrote:

That they don't know better that to vote for Romney, a guy that has no plan, that has no beliefs or opinions, that has no clue how to do anything to solve any problems, and who will say anything just to advance his position.  They're gullible and believe what he says even though he himself doesn't believe it.

Yet... they'd rather have him... than Obama.

Funny how that works.

Don_D
Forum ProPosts: 11,568Gear list
Like?
+1...Re: Boy, are you desperate..
In reply to rjjr, Oct 19, 2012
-- hide signature --
 Don_D's gear list:Don_D's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 40D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +3 more
edwardaneal
Senior MemberPosts: 8,250Gear list
Like?
Re: Boy, are you desperate..
In reply to harry cannoli, Oct 19, 2012

harry cannoli wrote:

edwardaneal wrote:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865564667/Gallup-poll-shows-Romney-up-6-too-large-a-gap-for-Obama-comeback.html

"According to the latest poll, Romney leads Obama among likely voters, 51 to 45 percent. This is Romney's biggest lead since Gallup began tracking likely voters earlier in Oct."

-- hide signature --

NEX-7 & Sigma 30mm f/2.8
NEX-5 & 18-55 OSS
And a spare black 18-55

About Us

The Deseret News is the first news organization and the longest continuously-operating business in the state of Utah.Owned by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints,The Deseret News offers news, information, commentary, and analysis from an award-winning and experienced team of reporters, editors, columnists, and bloggers. Its mission is to be a leading news brand for faith and family oriented audiences in Utah and around the world.

That explains it.

the gallup poll they reported is still a gallup poll even if you dont like where the news came from

here is yesterdays report from CBS news with gallup shoeing Romney up 7

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57535370/poll-romney-lead-grows-in-daily-tracking-poll/
-- hide signature --

NEX-7 & Sigma 30mm f/2.8
NEX-5 & 18-55 OSS
And a spare black 18-55

edwardaneal's gear list:edwardaneal's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN
Lee Jay
Like?

Simon Gallup wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

Simon Gallup wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

Simon Gallup wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

Brian wrote:

Funny how that works.

Yes, being gullible and clueless does often make people make poor choices, hence why close to half of the electorate is going to vote for a proven lying flip-flopper named Romney.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

edwardaneal
Senior MemberPosts: 8,250Gear list
Like?
funny

ljfinger wrote:

Yes, being gullible and clueless does often make people make poor choices, hence why close to half of the electorate is going to vote for a proven lying flip-flopper named Romney.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

you act like Obama has told the truth

-

NEX-7 & Sigma 30mm f/2.8
NEX-5 & 18-55 OSS
And a spare black 18-55

edwardaneal's gear list:edwardaneal's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN
95_9C1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,429
Like?

ljfinger wrote:

Simon Gallup wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

Simon Gallup wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

Simon Gallup wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

Brian wrote:

Funny how that works.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

you worried you won't get some/anymore stimulus for your "green" energy research ?

-- hide signature --
Ivanmckt
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: Romney up 51 to 45
In reply to edwardaneal, Oct 19, 2012

Such a shame. And I don't even live in the US :S

-- hide signature --

[IMG]http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx262/mckt2806/Untitled-1-2.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx262/mckt2806/flickr-1.png[/IMG]

Lee Jay
Like?
In reply to 95_9C1, Oct 19, 2012

95_9C1 wrote:

you worried you won't get some/anymore stimulus for your "green" energy research ?

As I've said before, historically, my program has done better under Republican administrations than under Democrats.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Lee Jay
Like?
Re: funny

edwardaneal wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

He's not a proven straight-forward, bald-faced, in-public liar about his opponent like Romney is.  Obama has exaggerated at times, but I've never seen a flat-out proven lie, and those espoused by the right never check out as such.

Watch that Romney video and explain how you could vote for a guy like that.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Simon Gallup
Like?

ljfinger wrote:

edwardaneal wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

He's not a proven straight-forward, bald-faced, in-public liar about his opponent

Apparently you avoid the fact check sites.

Lee Jay
Like?

Simon Gallup wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

edwardaneal wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

He's not a proven straight-forward, bald-faced, in-public liar about his opponent

Apparently you avoid the fact check sites.

Point out a lie, and I'll check it.  You won't find one like Romney did.  Not even close.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

carlk
Forum ProPosts: 15,680Gear list
Like?
Re: This is why.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/wp/2012/10/19/about-that-gallup-poll-is-romney-really-up-by-7-and-will-obama-win-the-election-anyway/

The +22% Romney got in the South skewed the national average.  I'm really glad we have the electoral college system so that our nation's fate is not going to be determined by those racist, uneducated, backward thinking and welfare dependent trailer trashes.

carlk's gear list:carlk's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +6 more
shutterblaster
Senior MemberPosts: 1,180
Like?
Re: This is why.
In reply to carlk, Oct 20, 2012

Actually I think the majority of welare recipients will vote for Obama. And please dont stereotype us southerners. I actually wear shoes and have most of my teeth.

harry cannoli
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,292Gear list
Like?
I"m prepared to do something nobody in the GOP will ever do...
In reply to edwardaneal, Oct 20, 2012

edwardaneal wrote:

harry cannoli wrote:

edwardaneal wrote:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865564667/Gallup-poll-shows-Romney-up-6-too-large-a-gap-for-Obama-comeback.html

"According to the latest poll, Romney leads Obama among likely voters, 51 to 45 percent. This is Romney's biggest lead since Gallup began tracking likely voters earlier in Oct."

-- hide signature --

NEX-7 & Sigma 30mm f/2.8
NEX-5 & 18-55 OSS
And a spare black 18-55

About Us

The Deseret News is the first news organization and the longest continuously-operating business in the state of Utah.Owned by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints,The Deseret News offers news, information, commentary, and analysis from an award-winning and experienced team of reporters, editors, columnists, and bloggers. Its mission is to be a leading news brand for faith and family oriented audiences in Utah and around the world.

That explains it.

the gallup poll they reported is still a gallup poll even if you dont like where the news came from

here is yesterdays report from CBS news with gallup shoeing Romney up 7

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57535370/poll-romney-lead-grows-in-daily-tracking-poll/

I'm going to do something that I have never, ever seen a GOP loyalist do. Admitting I was wrong. I was wrong. Thank you for the clarification.

harry cannoli's gear list:harry cannoli's gear list
Olympus C-700 UZ Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F707 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 350D +9 more
harry cannoli
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,292Gear list
Like?
carl..
In reply to carlk, Oct 20, 2012

carlk wrote:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/wp/2012/10/19/about-that-gallup-poll-is-romney-really-up-by-7-and-will-obama-win-the-election-anyway/

The +22% Romney got in the South skewed the national average.  I'm really glad we have the electoral college system so that our nation's fate is not going to be determined by those racist, uneducated, backward thinking and welfare dependent trailer trashes.

I accepted Gallup at face value, but I did find it interesting how the poll shifted so much in one day. Looking at Gallup today, Romney's lead looks like it evaporated.

Can you point me to the source where you found that information?

tnx

harry cannoli's gear list:harry cannoli's gear list
Olympus C-700 UZ Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F707 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 350D +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads