Romney up 51 to 45

Started Oct 18, 2012 | Discussions
edwardaneal
Senior MemberPosts: 9,101Gear list
Like?
Romney up 51 to 45
Oct 18, 2012

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865564667/Gallup-poll-shows-Romney-up-6-too-large-a-gap-for-Obama-comeback.html

"According to the latest poll, Romney leads Obama among likely voters, 51 to 45 percent. This is Romney's biggest lead since Gallup began tracking likely voters earlier in Oct."

-- hide signature --

NEX-7 & Sigma 30mm f/2.8
NEX-5 & 18-55 OSS
And a spare black 18-55

edwardaneal's gear list:edwardaneal's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN | Art Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
Brian
Forum ProPosts: 12,146
Like?
Re: Romney up 51 to 45
In reply to edwardaneal, Oct 18, 2012

edwardaneal wrote:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865564667/Gallup-poll-shows-Romney-up-6-too-large-a-gap-for-Obama-comeback.html

"According to the latest poll, Romney leads Obama among likely voters, 51 to 45 percent. This is Romney's biggest lead since Gallup began tracking likely voters earlier in Oct."

-- hide signature --

NEX-7 & Sigma 30mm f/2.8
NEX-5 & 18-55 OSS
And a spare black 18-55

It is a vast right wing conspiracy.

mommylommy will set you straight. lol

-- hide signature --

Brian

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Brian
Like?
Change that to 52 to 45.
In reply to edwardaneal, Oct 18, 2012

Don't worry Obama has a decent pension to live on come Feb 2013.

Michelle might not be able to buy as many lobster dinners as she once was.

-- hide signature --

Brian

Bill Force
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,607
Like?
In reply to Brian, Oct 18, 2012

I like the numbers but I have say that I don't trust ANY of these political polls, too much personal bias cranked into them  IE:  what part of NYC are you polling, Manhattan or the Bronx?

-- hide signature --

' You don't have to have the best of everything to get the best out of what you do have'.

Brian
Like?
In reply to Bill Force, Oct 19, 2012

Bill Force wrote:

I like the numbers but I have say that I don't trust ANY of these political polls, too much personal bias cranked into them  IE:  what part of NYC are you polling, Manhattan or the Bronx?

-- hide signature --

' You don't have to have the best of everything to get the best out of what you do have'.

I personally don't trust them either, but it is an easy way to get liberal panties all up in a bunch.

I have generally had a good sense of how an election is going to turn out.  I haven't been wrong.  I wasn't a fan of clinton, but thought he would win. Had no doubt that Bush or Obama would win as well.  I have a good vibe for Romney.  Even here in Michigan I feel a good vibe for Romney.  A lot of support for him.  The polls have BO slightly ahead here in Michigan, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Romney carry Michigan.

I was in Ohio most of the week.  Big vibe for Romney in the places I went.

-- hide signature --

Brian

Lee Jay
Forum ProPosts: 45,319Gear list
Like?
Obama up 49 to 46
In reply to edwardaneal, Oct 19, 2012

The Gallup tracking poll is the only one with the lopsided result you posted.  The ABC/Washington Post poll has Obama up 49 to 46.

RCP has the average of several polls (including that Gallup outlier) at 46.7 to 47.7, and Obama winning the electoral college 294 to 244.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

Lee Jay's gear list:Lee Jay's gear list
Canon IXUS 310 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 550D +23 more
Brian
Like?
Let me help you.
In reply to Lee Jay, Oct 19, 2012

ljfinger wrote:

The Gallup tracking poll is the only one with the lopsided result you posted.  The ABC/Washington Post poll has Obama up 49 to 46.

RCP has the average of several polls (including that Gallup outlier) at 46.7 to 47.7, and Obama winning the electoral college 294 to 244.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

try this link
-- hide signature --

Brian

Lee Jay
Like?
Re: Let me help you.
In reply to Brian, Oct 19, 2012

Brian wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

try this link

And Obama is leading in the swing states, hence if the election were held today and everything fell the way they are today, he'd win 294 to 244.  Romney, being the sniveling little yes man that he is, has an electoral college problem, just like Gore did.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Canon IXUS 310 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 550D +23 more
mamallama
Forum ProPosts: 33,443Gear list
Like?
Re: Obama up 49 to 46

ljfinger wrote:

Moreover, that Gallup Poll does not take into account Tuesday's debate where Romney got creamed.

Chato
Forum ProPosts: 45,993Gear list
Like?
The true figure is more like 65/35

edwardaneal wrote:

I know this because the entire Conservative Media told me that Obama rigged the polls.

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

Brian
Like?
In reply to mamallama, Oct 19, 2012

mamallama wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

Moreover, that Gallup Poll does not take into account Tuesday's debate where Romney got creamed.

I'm glad you have MSNBC to console you.  I will give you that Obama won the debate, but it wasn't for policy or for his record.  That hideous creature crowley basically handed the debate to Obama.  There are sooooo many ways she helped Obama and almost none where she helped Romney.

I can't wait for the foreign policy debate.  Romney didn't play the Libya card well last debate, he certainly won't make that mistake again.

-- hide signature --

Brian

Brian
Like?

ljfinger wrote:

Brian wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

try this link

And Obama is leading in the swing states, hence if the election were held today and everything fell the way they are today, he'd win 294 to 244.  Romney, being the sniveling little yes man that he is, has an electoral college problem, just like Gore did.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Oh, you mean if every thing fell according to a website, that Obama would win?  you keep consoling yourself with that.  Romney is an avalanche and is picking up speed.  The Right knows this and the Liberal leadership knows this.  They are very much in panic mode right now.

-- hide signature --

Brian

Lee Jay
Like?

Brian wrote:

Oh, you mean if every thing fell according to a website, that Obama would win?  you keep consoling yourself with that.  Romney is an avalanche and is picking up speed.  The Right knows this and the Liberal leadership knows this.  They are very much in panic mode right now.

If so, they should be, since the guy isn't qualified to be the secretary of a poker club, much less President of the country.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Bill Force
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,607
Like?

Brian wrote:

mamallama wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

Romney didn't play the Libya card well last debate, he certainly won't make that mistake again.
--
Brian

Romney never had an opportunity to use that card, the ROTUND Witch took away the option.  Fortunately they won't have to put up with "Tubby" next time.

-- hide signature --

edwardaneal
Senior MemberPosts: 9,101Gear list
Like?
In reply to mamallama, Oct 19, 2012

mamallama wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

in a cnn poll after the debate they gave Obama the overall lead 37 to 30 with 33% still undecided

in that same poll they gave Romney 65% to 33% for Obama on the economy

the economy is by far the number one issue for voters

also in the gallup daily tracking poll that came out today - - clearly after that debate Romney's lead is even larger at 52 to 45

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57535370/poll-romney-lead-grows-in-daily-tracking-poll/

-- hide signature --

NEX-7 & Sigma 30mm f/2.8
NEX-5 & 18-55 OSS
And a spare black 18-55

edwardaneal's gear list:edwardaneal's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN | Art Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
xandxor
Contributing MemberPosts: 904Gear list
Like?
Rationalization

ljfinger wrote:

That's an interesting video.

I recently overheard a conversation in which a guy was defending Romney for his wild swings in stance based on the idea that he was support the right stance at the right time (in MA) for the policies (abortion, healthcare) in question. Then, in virtually the same breath: how dare Obama modulate his stance on gay marriage; clearly that's pure posturing; surely you make your mind up about such things as a young adult.  So I heard an excuse for realpolitik when Romney did it, followed swiftly by condemnation of even the scent of Obama doing it.  Within a minute. Without any sense of irony.

This is the power of rationalization.  This is the power of a libertarian-leaning gay rights supporter tying himself into a knot to stay with team GOP.

Princess Leia
Senior MemberPosts: 6,956
Like?

edwardaneal wrote:

-- hide signature --

NEX-7 & Sigma 30mm f/2.8
NEX-5 & 18-55 OSS
And a spare black 18-55

It is 52-45 now...

mamallama
Forum ProPosts: 33,443Gear list
Like?
In reply to Princess Leia, Oct 19, 2012

Princess Leia wrote:

edwardaneal wrote:

-- hide signature --

NEX-7 & Sigma 30mm f/2.8
NEX-5 & 18-55 OSS
And a spare black 18-55

It is 52-45 now...

LOL. That is only because the Southern States are voting overwhelmingly for Romney. So that poll  matters little because it does not improve Romney's electoral position; you get the same electoral votes if you win by one vote or get 100% of the votes.

Only the polls in the swing states matter at this point. Obama is leading substantially in Ohio and marginally in PA. If Obama wins Ohio, there is little chance for Romney to get 270. So given the polls in the key swing states, Obama now has a easier path to 270 than does Romney.

harry cannoli
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,293Gear list
Like?
Boy, are you desperate..

edwardaneal wrote:

-- hide signature --

NEX-7 & Sigma 30mm f/2.8
NEX-5 & 18-55 OSS
And a spare black 18-55

About Us

The Deseret News is the first news organization and the longest continuously-operating business in the state of Utah. Owned by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, The Deseret News offers news, information, commentary, and analysis from an award-winning and experienced team of reporters, editors, columnists, and bloggers. Its mission is to be a leading news brand for faith and family oriented audiences in Utah and around the world.

That explains it.

harry cannoli's gear list:harry cannoli's gear list
Olympus C-700 UZ Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F707 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 350D +9 more
rjjr
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,701
Like?
Re: Boy, are you desperate..
In reply to harry cannoli, Oct 19, 2012

harry cannoli wrote:

edwardaneal wrote:

-- hide signature --

NEX-7 & Sigma 30mm f/2.8
NEX-5 & 18-55 OSS
And a spare black 18-55

About Us

The Deseret News is the first news organization and the longest continuously-operating business in the state of Utah. Owned by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, The Deseret News offers news, information, commentary, and analysis from an award-winning and experienced team of reporters, editors, columnists, and bloggers. Its mission is to be a leading news brand for faith and family oriented audiences in Utah and around the world.

That explains it.

LOL, yes it does.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads