Official Fuji 18-55mm sample images

Started Oct 18, 2012 | Discussions
Pat
Pat
Senior MemberPosts: 1,608
Like?
Official Fuji 18-55mm sample images
Oct 18, 2012

If this link has been posted already, just disregard this post.

Here are some sample images from Fuji for the new 18-55mm kit lens. Most are full wide and taken with the X-E1 on the provia setting. They look great to me (18-55 samples at bottom of page):

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_e1/sample_images/

I am considering a purchase of a compact ILS camera in the near future. Right now I have my eye on the Sony NEX6 or 5R and the Fuji X-E1 with 18-55 kit.  I'd love to have a small kit zoom, like the upcoming SEL16-50 pancake.  The Fuji 18-55 kit is very large by comparison. However, the IQ of the Fuji kit is  impressive. This x-trans sensor seems to be doing wonderful things.

-- hide signature --

Pat

Fujifilm X-E1 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
simon
Senior MemberPosts: 2,351
Like?
Re: Official Fuji 18-55mm sample images
In reply to Pat, Oct 18, 2012

Thanks for this link Pat - I havent seen these samples either.

I've been very keen to see samples from this lens too. I'm normally a prime lens person but will be getting this 18-55mm with the package deal currently on offer.

-- hide signature --

- Simon, Sydney

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
JCP_76
Forum MemberPosts: 82
Like?
In reply to simon, Oct 18, 2012

I have all three lenses currently and am seriously thinking of selling the 18 and the 60 and purchasing this lens (I will keep the 35mm as I think that will go down as a classic).

-is anyone thinking of making the same decision as me?
-any idea of how the second hand market is holding up for these lenses?

simon
Senior MemberPosts: 2,351
Like?
In reply to JCP_76, Oct 18, 2012

Hi JCP,

I'll be getting the 18-55 as part of the package deal being made but also brought the 35mm today.

FWIW: I'll stick with these 2 lenses for a while and give them a good try out before buying others.

The samples from the 18-55 mm Zoom look rather impressive.

-- hide signature --

- Simon, Sydney

ispress
Forum MemberPosts: 96Gear list
Like?
In reply to simon, Oct 18, 2012

I'll be getting the 18-55 as part of the package deal being made but also brought the 35mm today.

FWIW: I'll stick with these 2 lenses for a while and give them a good try out before buying others.

That's my plan as well.  And I agree that the samples looks sharp with attractive bokeh.

ispress's gear list:ispress's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
Gaffman
Regular MemberPosts: 107
Like?
In reply to JCP_76, Oct 18, 2012

JCP_76 wrote:

I have all three lenses currently and am seriously thinking of selling the 18 and the 60 and purchasing this lens (I will keep the 35mm as I think that will go down as a classic).

-is anyone thinking of making the same decision as me?
-any idea of how the second hand market is holding up for these lenses?

Hi JCP,

Can you give more reasoning as to why you're thinking of making this lens switch?

I have nothing yet in the Fuji system (Canon user) but I'm close to taking the plunge on the X-E1.  I love primes, always have and it's what attracted me to the Fuji system to begin with.  So I'm shocked to hear your plan

Have the 18 and 60mm not impressed you all that much or are you just looking for convenience of the zoom?

I thought I would probably get the X-E1 with the 18mm as a package then adapt some Minolta lenses for some lop focal lengths.

-- hide signature --

'Focus Neo...'

Jacobite
Regular MemberPosts: 137Gear list
Like?

If, and it’s a rather substantial if, I were to get rid of all my Nikon gear and go down the Fuji route (It would be the XP1), this is the lens I would get. My biggest problem would be that I haven’t got a cat, they make me sneeze. I do however have a number of Border Terriers. Could I substitute pictures of a canine nature, or is a cat obligatory?

Jacobite's gear list:Jacobite's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Kenko Teleplus Pro 300 AF 1.4x Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR +4 more
panela
Regular MemberPosts: 138Gear list
Like?
In reply to Jacobite, Oct 18, 2012

Jacobite wrote:

If, and it’s a rather substantial if, I were to get rid of all my Nikon gear and go down the Fuji route (It would be the XP1), this is the lens I would get. My biggest problem would be that I haven’t got a cat, they make me sneeze. I do however have a number of Border Terriers. Could I substitute pictures of a canine nature, or is a cat obligatory?

Well our paths have similar thoughts - I did get rid of Nikon gear to go with X-Pro-1 (Just a hobby here!) and I as well have no feline model - been thinking of posting horse pictures...

Combatmedic870
Contributing MemberPosts: 953Gear list
Like?

Jacobite wrote:

It must be a cat! You had better borrow one and plastic wrap it!(of coarse not the face!)  

^^^this is of coarse a joke. haha

-- hide signature --

Ryan,

Combatmedic870's gear list:Combatmedic870's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
pkincy
Contributing MemberPosts: 798
Like?
In reply to Combatmedic870, Oct 18, 2012

Yup, the cat pictures are obligatory.  Much harder to do if you need to chase feral cats but worth it in the end.  You don't want to feel left out, do you?

Perry

PS: I was going to embed an image of a cat from my gallery but the search function is not smart enough to lead me to directions on how to do that.  I used to know but maybe the new fora does not allow it.

So the poor search function saved each of you from having to view a cat image.

archdukeguacamole
Regular MemberPosts: 173
Like?

Jacobite wrote:

I've 3 Border Terriers (plus other dogs and cats) so let's hope they do just as well as the cats. BTW, with my X10 the highlights on my very white Bichon Frise have been rendered very well.

-- hide signature --

archduke

boinkphoto
Contributing MemberPosts: 923Gear list
Like?
Dangit!

I wanted to buy the 18mm and be done with it. These look so good I gotta wonder...

-- hide signature --
HighLowISO
Junior MemberPosts: 48
Like?
In reply to Pat, Oct 19, 2012

I think they gave this lens to a different photographer, and gave the SD card to a different photo editor.  VERY NICE!

jerrycambuk
Regular MemberPosts: 351
Like?
In reply to HighLowISO, Oct 19, 2012

My wife developed an allergy to cats after having our son - apparently not an uncommon problem. Our two cats were shipped off to a rescue home sadly 

When I get my XE1 can I post a picture of a stuffed toy cat, or does it need to be breathing??!

Jacobite
Like?
In reply to jerrycambuk, Oct 19, 2012

jerrycambuk wrote:

My wife developed an allergy to cats after having our son - apparently not an uncommon problem. Our two cats were shipped off to a rescue home sadly 

When I get my XE1 can I post a picture of a stuffed toy cat, or does it need to be breathing??!

I thought for a minute you were going to say you shipped off your son!

Fujifilm X10 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Kenko Teleplus Pro 300 AF 1.4x Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR +4 more
Pat
Pat
Like?
In reply to Jacobite, Oct 19, 2012

While not mandatory, a cat is very highly recommended. Not to worry, though. Just get one of these masks for your terriers and you'll be all set.

Cats make me sneeze too. And even worse.

-- hide signature --

Pat

PAUL TILL
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,212
Like?
In reply to jerrycambuk, Oct 19, 2012

jerrycambuk wrote:

That's so cruel, couldn't you find someone to adopt your son?

Paul.

Jacobite
Like?
In reply to Pat, Oct 19, 2012

Pat wrote:

While not mandatory, a cat is very highly recommended. Not to worry, though. Just get one of these masks for your terriers and you'll be all set.

Cats make me sneeze too. And even worse.

-- hide signature --

Pat

That might be the way forward. I do so want to submit some pussy cat photo's. I had thought of actually getting a cat but I was afraid the bones might get stuck in the dog's throat.

Pat
Pat
Like?
In reply to Jacobite, Oct 19, 2012

Jacobite wrote:

That might be the way forward. I do so want to submit some pussy cat photo's. I had thought of actually getting a cat but I was afraid the bones might get stuck in the dog's throat.

Not to worry. Cats have nine lives.

-- hide signature --

Pat

pkincy
Contributing MemberPosts: 798
Like?
In reply to Pat, Oct 20, 2012

Besides all the fun cat talk, the zoom looks incredibly good.

Can't wait.  Nov 10, I hope.

Perry

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads