X10 Filter Results

Started Oct 17, 2012 | Discussions
widick
Forum MemberPosts: 80
Like?
X10 Filter Results
Oct 17, 2012

This posting is in response to a request generated by an earlier posting on this subject.  I have now taken a number of photos of my office wall using the X10 with Marumi 40mm clear and CPL filters and the Fuji lens hood.  I had intended to attach the photos to this posting but have been unable to do so.  I have not had this problem prior to the new Forums format.  In any event, my conclusion from these photos is that either of the filters or the lens hood may be used by itself. without any discernible increase in vignetting.  Stacking the filters or a filter and the lens hood does however, produce additional vignetting.  In the case of my X10 this showed up as a very small black area in the extreme bottom left corner of the frame only ( suggesting some decentering in the camera ).  I plan to keep the 40mm Marumi lens on the camera for protection.  It fits in the dedicated Fuji case with the lens cap attached.  When I want to use other filters, I'll remove the 40mm filter and use the lens hood with it's 52mm filter adapter.  Anyone know why I can't upload my photos to the Forum ?

Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Billx08
Forum ProPosts: 11,373
Like?
Uploading your photos
In reply to widick, Oct 17, 2012

widick wrote:

. . .  Anyone know why I can't upload my photos to the Forum ?

We can guess but there are too many possibilities. Tell us where your photos are sourced (ie, on your hard drive or from a host like Flickr, Smugmug, your DPR Gallery, etc.) and we'll be in a much better position to help. Did you notice (or try to use) the three right-most icons above, which show (if you hover your mouse pointer over them) "Insert/Edit image from web", "Insert image from your computer" and "Insert image from dpreview Galleries"?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
widick
Like?
Re: Uploading your photos
In reply to Billx08, Oct 17, 2012

Thanks for the response.  The pictures are on my hard drive and I used the "insert from your computer" "icon.  The files are jpegs.  My upload speed is 370 kb.  ( I live on an island and can only access one ISP. )

Billx08
Forum ProPosts: 11,373
Like?
Photo uploads don't work here either.
In reply to widick, Oct 17, 2012

widick wrote:

Thanks for the response.  The pictures are on my hard drive and I used the "insert from your computer" "icon.  The files are jpegs.  My upload speed is 370 kb.  ( I live on an island and can only access one ISP. )

I had typed a reply about how to proceed and then tried uploading from my own hard drive to verify that I wouldn't type something incorrectly but I not only found that uploading photos doesn't work here any more, I wasn't able to cancel the upload without aborting the reply. So it appears that the problem isn't on your end and DPR's web team has yet another new bug to fix. Inserting images from the web still works, though, but that won't help you if you don't have your images saved on a photo host.

widick
Like?
Re: Photo uploads don't work here either.
In reply to Billx08, Oct 20, 2012

Thanks for getting back to me on this.  I won't waste any more time on it.  Just wait a bit until the problem is corrected.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads