Recommendations for economical camera with video $500 or less

Started Oct 15, 2012 | Questions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
mrstangblb
mrstangblb Forum Member • Posts: 51
Recommendations for economical camera with video $500 or less

Our church is looking for a great camera with video capabilities, but I really want to keep the price under $500. I hear great things about the Canon SX40 HS and its video, but it has no external mic capability.

I'd like to have a video camera or camcorder that would allow us to get really nice still shots with excellent HD video, obviously preferably with an external mic if possible. I will welcome any recommendations you have for possibilities. Thanks in advance for your help!

Barry
----------------------
Philippians 4:13

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon PowerShot SX40 HS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
mrstangblb
mrstangblb OP Forum Member • Posts: 51
Re: Recommendations for economical camera with video $500 or less

So far I'm really leaning toward the Canon SX40 HS even though it has no external mic - the reviews on its pictures and videos are the best I've seen so far, but unfortunately I can't find a Target near me that hasn't closed it out already. It's clearanced for around $215!

Barry
----------------------

JohnyP Contributing Member • Posts: 953
Simple: Sony NEX 5n (hurry up though)

This camera is being discontinued, but it is a current technology that provides outstanding photo and video. There are some great deals on them going around, so find one before supply dries up. Even a few years down the road you will be able to sell it for decent money compared to today's prices.

mrstangblb
mrstangblb OP Forum Member • Posts: 51
Re: Simple: Sony NEX 5n (hurry up though)

That's one of the ones I'm looking at. The 5N has the possibility of a hotshoe mic, right? And how good are those?

Barry
----------------------

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads