Recommendations for economical camera with video $500 or less

Started Oct 15, 2012 | Questions
mrstangblb
Forum MemberPosts: 51
Like?
Recommendations for economical camera with video $500 or less
Oct 15, 2012

Our church is looking for a great camera with video capabilities, but I really want to keep the price under $500. I hear great things about the Canon SX40 HS and its video, but it has no external mic capability.

I'd like to have a video camera or camcorder that would allow us to get really nice still shots with excellent HD video, obviously preferably with an external mic if possible. I will welcome any recommendations you have for possibilities. Thanks in advance for your help!

Barry
----------------------
Philippians 4:13

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon PowerShot SX40 HS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
mrstangblb
Like?
Re: Recommendations for economical camera with video $500 or less
In reply to mrstangblb, Oct 15, 2012

So far I'm really leaning toward the Canon SX40 HS even though it has no external mic - the reviews on its pictures and videos are the best I've seen so far, but unfortunately I can't find a Target near me that hasn't closed it out already. It's clearanced for around $215!

Barry
----------------------

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
JohnyP
Contributing MemberPosts: 953
Like?
Simple: Sony NEX 5n (hurry up though)
In reply to mrstangblb, Oct 15, 2012

This camera is being discontinued, but it is a current technology that provides outstanding photo and video. There are some great deals on them going around, so find one before supply dries up. Even a few years down the road you will be able to sell it for decent money compared to today's prices.

mrstangblb
Like?
Re: Simple: Sony NEX 5n (hurry up though)
In reply to JohnyP, Oct 15, 2012

That's one of the ones I'm looking at. The 5N has the possibility of a hotshoe mic, right? And how good are those?

Barry
----------------------

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads