A57 - weekend practise

Started Oct 15, 2012 | Discussions
Photoviewer
Regular MemberPosts: 464
Like?
A57 - weekend practise
Oct 15, 2012

Some shot I took last weekend using my 1st and only a57 with sal18250.

Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
MeanGene2
Regular MemberPosts: 103Gear list
Like?
Re: A57 - weekend practise
In reply to Photoviewer, Oct 15, 2012

Very nicely done

MeanGene2's gear list:MeanGene2's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 120-400mm F4.5-5.6 DG OS HSM Carl Zeiss Biogon T* 2/35 ZM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Nano princess
Regular MemberPosts: 288
Like?
In reply to Photoviewer, Oct 15, 2012

Ohhhhh beautiful...great subjects...

Liam looking at getting the same camera today.  Was that a kit lens

And what does sal mean?!!?? Sorry trying to learn

rimshot
Regular MemberPosts: 335Gear list
Like?
In reply to Nano princess, Oct 15, 2012

Those are really beautiful! I like the dog with the sand on his nose. I almost laughed out loud! I have been thinking about Trading my A550 for the A57 or A65 and am glad to see such nice images come out of the A57..How is the viewfinder? I'm reading mixed reviews on it..SAL means Sony Alpha or A mount..NEX cameras have E mount.. Thanks for posting..Jimmymac

Photoviewer
Like?
In reply to MeanGene2, Oct 16, 2012

MeanGene2 wrote:

Very nicely done

Thank you.

Nano princess wrote:

Thank you. To me it is very nice to use and fast. I did bought it with kit lens but was shot above photos with SAL18250 all in one zoom lens. I think SAL mean Sony Alpha Lens?

rimshot wrote:

Those are really beautiful! I like the dog with the sand on his nose. I almost laughed out loud! I have been thinking about Trading my A550 for the A57 or A65 and am glad to see such nice images come out of the A57..How is the viewfinder? I'm reading mixed reviews on it..SAL means Sony Alpha or A mount..NEX cameras have E mount.. Thanks for posting..Jimmymac

Thank you. Yes, he is a funny little dogy. Very lonely kept entertaining himself. He is belong to my neighbor. To me, A57 viewfinder is very good and I am very satisfy with its performance. I did tried both camera side by side just to taste their EVF. I chose A57. You should try both yourself if possible. Yeah..the SAL stand for Sony Alpha Lens.

Cheers..

iffer
New MemberPosts: 6Gear list
Like?
sony lens part numbers
In reply to Nano princess, Oct 16, 2012

it's the part number for the lens - I would suspect it also stands for sony alpha lens but that's just a guess - trust me on the part number bit though

sal18250.   also hints to us that it is a 18-250 zoom lens

Which a quick search over on our friend Amazon tells  (http://www.amazon.com/Sony-SAL18250-18-250mm-3-5-6-3-Magnification/dp/B000VUFDPG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350382021&sr=8-1&keywords=sal18250)

Sony SAL18250 Alpha DT 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3

Alpha (mount) DT (only works on crop/aps-c sized sensors) 18-250mm zoom (27-375mm equivalent zoom to a full frame lens)

edit - Oh - everyone already answered this stuff in the earlier notes, soz and yes - I liked the sandy dog too! 
 iffer's gear list:iffer's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS Sony RX100 +3 more
Photostyle
Contributing MemberPosts: 511
Like?
In reply to Photoviewer, Oct 16, 2012

Nice indeed, I used to have that lens a long time ago, and it brook, now I wonder if the A57 does automatic correction with this lens, I would buy it again if so, or I could go for the Tamron 18-270, what do you think ? thanks.

Photoviewer wrote:

MeanGene2 wrote:

Very nicely done

Thank you.

Nano princess wrote:

Thank you. To me it is very nice to use and fast. I did bought it with kit lens but was shot above photos with SAL18250 all in one zoom lens. I think SAL mean Sony Alpha Lens?

rimshot wrote:

Thank you. Yes, he is a funny little dogy. Very lonely kept entertaining himself. He is belong to my neighbor. To me, A57 viewfinder is very good and I am very satisfy with its performance. I did tried both camera side by side just to taste their EVF. I chose A57. You should try both yourself if possible. Yeah..the SAL stand for Sony Alpha Lens.

Cheers..

Photoviewer
Like?
In reply to Photostyle, Oct 16, 2012

Photostyle wrote:

Nice indeed, I used to have that lens a long time ago, and it brook, now I wonder if the A57 does automatic correction with this lens, I would buy it again if so, or I could go for the Tamron 18-270, what do you think ?

Thank you. Yes. A57 does automatic correction for this lens. Very nice if shoot jpeg. This was one of the reasons I chose it over the equally good tamron. I can clearly see the corrective action once I pressed preview button. AF is fast too on the A57.

Cheers.

Photoviewer
Like?
Re: sony lens part numbers
In reply to iffer, Oct 16, 2012

Thanks. Glad you like him

Cheers

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads