My SLR Magic HyperPrime LM 50mm T0.95 Review!

Started Oct 12, 2012 | Discussions
ci-lee
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
Re: My SLR Magic HyperPrime LM 50mm T0.95 Review!
In reply to Banana Chips™, Oct 20, 2012

As a former exec @ a luxury CE company, I concur with your statement.  The defensive responses and lack of commitment to the OP's concerns/problem would not be acceptable to me for such a product.  The products I represented ranged from four to six figures (USD) and any issues came to me directly at which point it would be addressed with immediacy and priority. in my experience, if you are trying to build a brand, customer loyalty is key and leads to return customers...thats a big part in how my former company grew from $10 million/yr to $45 million/yr in a matter of  3 years.  Granted I reside in the US and consumer rights are a sometimes a little too generous (IMHO) but I (and as an extension my company) always put the customer first, even if their claims seemed a little far-fetched...sometimes empathy alone will allow all parties involved to reach an acceptable resolution.  Defensive responses and "proving" you're right (like the drop test) only makes things worse.

Also as a photographer just getting back in the saddle and looking to get a Leica Monochrom or M10 eventually, along with some fine glass of course, reading thru this thread has discouraged me from SLRMagic.  I mean I got a Fuji X10 fixed from Fuji US (orbs) and it came back with a subtle flaw in the reassembly...and guess what they replaced it altogether!!  That's for a $600 point & shoot...oh and I ended up buying an X-Pro 1 b/c of that ppositive experience.

really this thread has me scratching my head...I know consumer rights and sales culture differ worldwide but I'm from HK originally, import products from there too and while I get the way retail business is done there this seems unacceptable for such a high-end  product.

hope that the OP and SLRMagic come to a mutually acceptable resolution and that SLRMagic will learn from this experience (whether you think you're right or wrong) and that this resolution is documented for others to see to instill 'good rumors' for them.  From the images I've seen from their products, image quality looks great, now learn to deal with your customer base in a positive manner and it will result in more sales and encourage people on the fence like me to consider your offerings.

-- hide signature --

ci-lee

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Daniel74
Contributing MemberPosts: 725Gear list
Like?
In reply to ci-lee, Oct 21, 2012

SLR Magic has stopped the sales of the RF coupled version outside Hong Kong, so that if any coupling issues arise, they can be easily remedied.

As for the Cine version (which I own) I have not seen any reports of problems.

I think this is a very reasonable outcome. As for the reported problems with the RF version, people have 3 years warranty and I hope any issues are adequately addressed.

For new buyers, I don't see why there are any issues and why this thread merits continuation. I hope the mods close it.

Daniel74's gear list:Daniel74's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100 Schneider PC-Super-Angulon 28mm f/2.8 Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/25 +2 more
facewashwas
Junior MemberPosts: 45
Like?
In reply to Daniel74, Nov 1, 2012

Looks like someone is selling their lens. Massive drop in price! Nice grab if you want a Noctilux equivalent.

Can't tell whose this lens belong to, but it's coming out from HK. Not sure if it's RF-coupled.

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/buysell/show-ad/?id=2969

facewashwas
Junior MemberPosts: 45
Like?
In reply to facewashwas, Nov 5, 2012

Not surprised this lens and a lot of lens from SLR Magic has been discontinued.

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125691

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads