Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
zabatman
Regular MemberPosts: 371Gear list
Like?
My house in the morning mist
In reply to MarcusBrody, Oct 10, 2012

My house in the morning mist

zabatman's gear list:zabatman's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +14 more
radix1
Regular MemberPosts: 422
Like?
Re: Anti-pixel peeping thread: Post your favorite "imperfect" photos

cheers

using manual focus legacy lens on toddler is a challenge

cheers

radix

karlwitt
Regular MemberPosts: 139Gear list
Like?
In reply to radix1, Oct 10, 2012

I have to say some of the best pictures on this site are on this thread. I think this is what picture taking is. Not every shot we take can withstand a microscope but to look at them and erase the blur and see into the picture is what makes the shot great! I have to thank you for starting this thread and now I have to look for one that I like and post..:)

karlwitt's gear list:karlwitt's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +7 more
karlwitt
Regular MemberPosts: 139Gear list
Like?
In reply to karlwitt, Oct 10, 2012

found one... DoF is small but pic is cool

karlwitt's gear list:karlwitt's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +7 more
Gravi
Senior MemberPosts: 1,264Gear list
Like?

Great idea,

I have many to choose from but the one included comes with a story.

First Miles

A friend of mine saw the shot and wanted to use it for an article in a magazine his company edits.

I sent him the full res image, and the art director refused to use it because it was not sharp. As a matter of fact he is right, the focus is in front of the shoes. So the image wasn't used. Later on, the art director said he was sorry he hadn't used the image, as it was perfect for the article. He now used a perfect image that dit not quite suit the article. It was about letting children find their own way, not being over protective as a parent or something like that.

Anyway, my friend later used the image to print a canvas as a present for the art director for some kind of celebration (can't remember), as a visual reminder that perfect images are not always the perfect choice. Two years later the canvas is still in his office

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Gravi

Gravi's gear list:Gravi's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +7 more
phototransformations
Senior MemberPosts: 2,782Gear list
Like?
In reply to Gravi, Oct 10, 2012

Gravi wrote:

Great idea,

I have many to choose from but the one included comes with a story.

First Miles

A friend of mine saw the shot and wanted to use it for an article in a magazine his company edits.

I sent him the full res image, and the art director refused to use it because it was not sharp. As a matter of fact he is right, the focus is in front of the shoes. So the image wasn't used. Later on, the art director said he was sorry he hadn't used the image, as it was perfect for the article. He now used a perfect image that dit not quite suit the article. It was about letting children find their own way, not being over protective as a parent or something like that.

Anyway, my friend later used the image to print a canvas as a present for the art director for some kind of celebration (can't remember), as a visual reminder that perfect images are not always the perfect choice. Two years later the canvas is still in his office

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Gravi

Evocative shot. And satisfying, I imagine, that your vision of the shot was eventually seen by the art director.

phototransformations's gear list:phototransformations's gear list
Samsung TL500 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +23 more
Timur Born
Senior MemberPosts: 3,879
Like?
Re: My house in the morning mist
In reply to zabatman, Oct 10, 2012

What a nice house and photo!

Joel in Goe
Forum MemberPosts: 53Gear list
Like?

Random snapshot; turned out to capture the summer holiday atmosphere perfectly - that's ​just what it was like

azazel1024
Senior MemberPosts: 1,093Gear list
Like?

-- hide signature --

Many things dealing with Olympus and their OM and Pen cameras, plus my general photography and musings http://omexperience.wordpress.com/

azazel1024's gear list:azazel1024's gear list
Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +10 more
Atwater
Forum MemberPosts: 80Gear list
Like?
Re: fairytale moment at the farmer's market
In reply to Elemental Photography, Oct 10, 2012

Elemental Photography wrote:

Very cute composition.  On screen, the missed focus is no big deal.

-- hide signature --

A photograph is a creative interpretation of reality.

Thanks, I really appreciate the feedback.  I think this will be one of the shots I return to as my processing skills progress.

Atwater's gear list:Atwater's gear list
Lytro Light Field 8GB Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 +1 more
MarcusBrody
Regular MemberPosts: 314Gear list
Like?
In reply to karlwitt, Oct 10, 2012

karlwitt wrote:

I have to say some of the best pictures on this site are on this thread. I think this is what picture taking is. Not every shot we take can withstand a microscope but to look at them and erase the blur and see into the picture is what makes the shot great! I have to thank you for starting this thread and now I have to look for one that I like and post..:)

I agree completely.  There has been some great stuff in this thread and with the third page, it just seems to be getting better.

MarcusBrody's gear list:MarcusBrody's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +3 more
Marla
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,793Gear list
Like?
Great thread!

Molly in real life - I tried to reverse the images but couldn't.

Molly's "Halloween" Pose..... THIS PHOTO is the one I wanted to post first....1st one just to compare

I do not know how this photo happened.  Molly does NOT have fangs!    The ears are back because I startled her, and the lighting is poor.  I can't figure out where the fangs came from.  She does have 2 dark marks inside her mouth that are flat on her "lip" but you have to look for them.

At any rate, I always like to show this image in October.  :-).

The above photo is what she looks like in real life - in better lighting!  Looks like she had a "Makeover."

I tried to reverse the pictures, but couldn't.  And I tried to type under each individual photo, but after I finished, the photo went back up above the typing.

I also have to figure out how to get the exif data here.  Thanks for your patience!  This is my first time on dp since the changes.....kind of challenging to figure it all out.

-- hide signature --

Maria

Marla's gear list:Marla's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +3 more
Edoveral
Regular MemberPosts: 135Gear list
Like?
Everything is wrong with this shot, but I love it.

Certainly this one. Just had my camera a week when I took it to China. Did everything wrong with this shot. Directly into the sun, tilted my camera wrong, didn't compose right and sharpness isn't everything due to wrong aperture settings.Took me ages to photshop it into something decent, but I love it for what it is.

One of these days I will use my increased photoshopskills to make it better, since I still have the original RAW.

Edit: realise now it's not a m43-shot. Sorry for that. Was shot with a Canon 450D and 18-55IS

Edoveral's gear list:Edoveral's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2 Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +2 more
karmat63
Forum MemberPosts: 55
Like?

This is mine (of course I've a lot more, but this is one of my "best imperfects" -  GF1 + 20f1,7) :

fastlass
Junior MemberPosts: 25Gear list
Like?

MarcusBrody wrote:

karlwitt wrote:

I agree completely.  There has been some great stuff in this thread and with the third page, it just seems to be getting better.

x3. I've never seen a better thread of pictures on dpreview in all the 10 years I've been reading. gosh, I could almost conclude that for pictures posted here, there's an inverse relationship between technical perfection and emotional effect.

fastlass's gear list:fastlass's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus 9mm F8 Fish-Eye Body Cap Lens
Marla
Like?
Agree with the last few posters! GREAT THREAD!!!!!
In reply to fastlass, Oct 11, 2012

fastlass wrote:

MarcusBrody wrote:

karlwitt wrote:

x3. I've never seen a better thread of pictures on dpreview in all the 10 years I've been reading. gosh, I could almost conclude that for pictures posted here, there's an inverse relationship between technical perfection and emotional effect.

x4.  I love this thread.  I haven't had time to reply much ..... yet.  But I've enjoyed the images immensely today.  This is one of my all time favorite threads....if not the No. 1 Fav!

Also, I think people who are posting are more relaxed since they aren't expecting a "critique" of sorts.

-- hide signature --

Maria

Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +3 more
Marla
Like?
In reply to Joel in Goe, Oct 11, 2012

Joel in Goe wrote:

Random snapshot; turned out to capture the summer holiday atmosphere perfectly - that's ​just what it was like

Love this shot!

-- hide signature --

Maria

Czmom1
Junior MemberPosts: 35
Like?
In reply to MarcusBrody, Oct 11, 2012

andreipaul82
Forum MemberPosts: 77Gear list
Like?
In reply to MarcusBrody, Oct 11, 2012

Boy, did I have a hard time picking one to post here. I've got soo many missed keepers that I started wondering why I didn't delete them, now that I see many do the same I am so relieved
This one was missed because I trusted the "big green square" to focus on the leaf.

andreipaul82's gear list:andreipaul82's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads